• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

EQt0C.jpg

My hype has been dampened by alot! How the fuck does this guy manage to get away with it?!?

thepowerofvetti.gif

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MAGI

It's an adaptation, though. Those use different skills than original writing.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 5:

I feel like I should hate this show, but Akatsuki is just too awesome. He singlehandedly carries the entire thing.

And this scene seriously made me lose it:

1344160430034.gif

I keep forgetting to catch up with this show for some reason. Maybe I'll get on that this week.

Taruranto

I dunno why people expect Magi anime to be good, these kind of products seem to exist mostly to promote the original material and sell more merchandise.

Ezalc

So I hear there will be a Tiger&Bunny movie. Is it just some Gurren Lagann movie type thing or is it a new story?

Rinne no Lagrange 2 ep 5
tumblr_m8ajrm9IUI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I hope Dizelmine and Villaguile can resolve their differences over the planets future, and at least stay best friends again. Sticking through just to see how that resolves because they both clearly harbor no evil thoughts and actually still know each other so well and think highly of each other, and on their own they are both really cool and good characters.

Much of the episode was unfortunately pretty mellow and kind of dull such as watching the girls bathe and put their underwears on...but the payoff with
human experimentation and an attempt at mind transfer jutsu, leading to revelations from yurikano
was worth it. The final minute and the preview hyped me up for the next episode.

Articalys

Apparently Sunday was a very big "let's announce new anime" day, since in addition to the anohana movie, Aku no Hana, and the above-mentioned show, we've also got this.

Otome Game "Amnesia" Gets TV Anime
The Otomate Party 2012 event announced on Sunday that a television anime adaptation of Amnesia, a romance adventure game for female players, has been green-lit. In addition, there will be a new Amnesia game next year.

The game begins on the morning of August 1, when the protagonist wakes up and discovers she has absolutely no memories of the past. A boy appears before her, and he introduces himself as a "spirit" named Orion. The protagonist struggles to regain her memories under the guidance of Orion. She then gets a phone call, but she does not recognize the name on her mobile phone screen. She meets her apparent "boyfriend," despite not knowing his face.

Taruranto

Lol. Wrong about Mary Sues, wrong about anime adaptations, wrong for AnimeGAF!

Oh, ok. Tell me where to get the duckroll seal of approval so i can post here again. Until then see you i guess.

This isn't going to be long-running. I wish it was, but it's not.

Then there may be some chances of it being good. If they get a good director. If they can get the pacing right. If they can come up with an adequate conclusion (filler second halves aren't unknown to these kind of products).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Whoa, what the flying fuck? Litchi Hikari Club is getting an anime!? That's just.... wat?

That's a friggin guro manga! Will this be the 2nd anime of one ever?

What was the first? Shigurui?

Apparently Sunday was a very big "let's announce new anime" day, since in addition to the anohana movie, Aku no Hana, and the above-mentioned show, we've also got this.

Otome Game "Amnesia" Gets TV Anime

I saw Otome, I saw Amnesia, was momentarily very excited for something else.

I still need to watch the last two or three episodes

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sword Art Online 1-5:

Well.

This is certainly an interesting way to start a campaign to make MMOs appear to be evil.

:p

I kid, of course. Shows like this are incredibly hard to write about for me because it's a premise I can't role with. It's the same problem I have with Battle Royale, The Hunger Games, and now Sword Art Online in that the premise takes so many leaps in logic to even get to the starting point that I can't take it seriously. The logistics of how the story manages to continue are kind of absurd. If the creator of an evil MMO that somehow manages to trap it's players in true life or death situations were to occur, why haven't the real world authorities stopped it by now? It's implied that months go by with no progress on that front? Like any government would just let it just run it's course while children are allowed to die in a game. By now the game's creator would have been captured by authorities, forced to fix the game, and I guarantee with children's lives on the line they wouldn't exactly follow Geneva conventions forcing him to fix it. And if all else failed, someone, somewhere would be able to create a hack and fix it.

/party pooper

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But that's the whole plot!

I don't know how the hell this can be airing on TV. It doesn't matter the timeslot, there's no way they'd get away with 80% of what happens in the manga outside an OVA.

And lol, go figure something more fucked up than Apocalypse Zero gets news of an adaptation the next day.

How quickly you forget our constant companion the black bar.

If Lychee Hikari Club isn't the worst anime that I've ever seen, I blame you! These are some fairly grand expectations it's shouldering now.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sword Art Online 1-5:

Well.

This is certainly an interesting way to start a campaign to make MMOs appear to be evil.

:p

I kid, of course. Shows like this are incredibly hard to write about for me because it's a premise I can't role with. It's the same problem I have with Battle Royale, The Hunger Games, and now Sword Art Online in that the premise takes so many leaps in logic to even get to the starting point that I can't take it seriously. The logistics of how the story manages to continue are kind of absurd. If the creator of an evil MMO that somehow manages to trap it's players in true life or death situations were to occur, why haven't the real world authorities stopped it by now? It's implied that months go by with no progress on that front? Like any government would just let it just run it's course while children are allowed to die in a game. By now the game's creator would have been captured by authorities, forced to fix the game, and I guarantee with children's lives on the line they wouldn't exactly follow Geneva conventions forcing him to fix it. And if all else failed, someone, somewhere would be able to create a hack and fix it.

/party pooper

Well, the game owner does have several thousand hostages left. I'm sure you can do a lot with that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, there was also Midori, which was adapted from a comic by Suehiro Maruo himself...

...which might have been why it took five years for one dude to draw it by himself because he couldn't get anyone to finance it.

Sure, I'm (unfortunately) well-aware of Midori. I just thought that cosmic was specifically referring to televised adaptations of guro manga, not just guro in any anime format.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
But that's the whole plot!

I don't know how the hell this can be airing on TV. It doesn't matter the timeslot, there's no way they'd get away with 80% of what happens in the manga outside an OVA.

And lol, go figure something more fucked up than Apocalypse Zero gets news of an adaptation the next day.

Midori.

I've read the first chapter of Lychee, and I don't remember it being any worse than
really anything in the second half of Blood-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom