• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, what the flying fuck? Litchi Hikari Club is getting an anime!? That's just.... wat?

That's a friggin guro manga! Will this be the 2nd anime of one ever?
This anime will be censored Left and right ...

Well with the right kind of censor and a nice music it could work.

Sword Art Online 1-5:

Well.

This is certainly an interesting way to start a campaign to make MMOs appear to be evil.

:p

I kid, of course. Shows like this are incredibly hard to write about for me because it's a premise I can't role with. It's the same problem I have with Battle Royale, The Hunger Games, and now Sword Art Online in that the premise takes so many leaps in logic to even get to the starting point that I can't take it seriously. The logistics of how the story manages to continue are kind of absurd. If the creator of an evil MMO that somehow manages to trap it's players in true life or death situations were to occur, why haven't the real world authorities stopped it by now? It's implied that months go by with no progress on that front? Like any government would just let it just run it's course while children are allowed to die in a game. By now the game's creator would have been captured by authorities, forced to fix the game, and I guarantee with children's lives on the line they wouldn't exactly follow Geneva conventions forcing him to fix it. And if all else failed, someone, somewhere would be able to create a hack and fix it.

/party pooper

Game creator is in hiding. the only thing they can do outside is to monitor stats but they can't act in the game. All 10000 nervgears are sold and used. Once someone dies , nervegears becomes usuable.
You can't locate The creator and you can't turn the servers off ( that will kill everyone )
As for the hack , the dude is a genius that tooks years to covers his tracks to prepare for this ... Given his real location ( not gonna spoiler that one ) i garantee you , he wouldn't have been found.

And yes they spent years in this world but that was also taken into account..with that much hostages , you bet authorities have to trend carefully

Kusagari

Kokoro Connect 5:

Wow. This was a fantastic episode. I was actually so engrossed that I was surprised when the episode ended. It didn't seem like that much time had flown by.

I'm curious to see where the show goes from here. It's been going at such a breakneck pace, considering I could see other anime stretching the problems of these first 5 episodes over 12 or more. Heartseed obviously isn't done with them, but I'm curious to see if he's done with the body switching. He constantly implies he's all powerful, so he may run some other 'tests' on them now.

Soma

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 06

iUSzzfpW2cf6t.jpg
ibsNq69wRe8EDm.jpg

I

um

what.

I'm still unsure what to think about this episode.

least it explains the whole haircut thing

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kokoro Connect 5:

Wow. This was a fantastic episode. I was actually so engrossed that I was surprised when the episode ended. It didn't seem like that much time had flown by.

I'm curious to see where the show goes from here. It's been going at such a breakneck pace, considering I could see other anime stretching the problems of these first 5 episodes over 12 or more. Heartseed obviously isn't done with them, but I'm curious to see if he's done with the body switching. He constantly implies he's all powerful, so he may run some other 'tests' on them now.
*future kokoro connect spoilers*
he does indeed run other tests on them. The next arc sounds like it could be even more interesting than body swapping.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

So fairies multiply when they are happy, and there is a food crisis going on. I mean...Im not suggesting anything, just throwing out some loose ideas.....

DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT.

Andrew J.

Lagrange 17

For a minute there I was worried that Lan had really turned evil. Fortunately for everybody she was just giving Muginami a chance to use her mad infiltration skillz.

When will people learn that having giant robots with minds of their own is more trouble than its worth?

Lagrange 17

For a minute there I was worried that Lan had really turned evil. Fortunately for everybody she was just giving Muginami a chance to use her mad infiltration skillz.

When will people learn that having giant robots with minds of their own is more trouble than its worth?

Yeah I was really fooled by that, I thought Lan had really went evil for the moment and she was working into Dizel's plan. However this whole ordeal makes me feel like this anime will have one of those super happy non tragic endings

Soma

The Bioshock thing isn't even close to the weirdest thing about that episode either.

One thing I'll give Jinrui is that I can almost never tell where the story will go next.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Game creator is in hiding. the only thing they can do outside is to monitor stats but they can't act in the game. All 10000 nervgears are sold and used. Once someone dies , nervegears becomes usuable.
You can't locate The creator and you can't turn the servers off ( that will kill everyone )
As for the hack , the dude is a genius that tooks years to covers his tracks to prepare for this ... Given his real location ( not gonna spoiler that one ) i garantee you , he wouldn't have been found.

And yes they spent years in this world but that was also taken into account..with that much hostages , you bet authorities have to trend carefully

It's really hard for me to believe that the creator could be in that much control over the game that no logout can be made without him having some sort of direct access to the games servers. Somehow, somewhere, someone would find him I think.

Also what happens in the event of a server outage, as MMOs are wont to have?

Whoops?

Appear? There are MMO's that aren't evil?

Well, some are just bad, as opposed to evil.

Jex

I dunno why people expect Magi anime to be good, these kind of products seem to exist mostly to promote the original material and sell more merchandise.

The same could be said of all religions manga adaptations. Most anime series are manga adaptations and plenty of those work out okay. Whether or not the work in question is an adaptation doesn't really have any bearing on it's quality.

It's really hard for me to believe that the creator could be in that much control over the game that no logout can be made without him having some sort of direct access to the games servers. Somehow, somewhere, someone would find him I think.

Also what happens in the event of a server outage, as MMOs are wont to have?

they can force logout, but not without trigerring the traps in the nervegear , killing people in the process. That technology is not something many people know outside of those who have made it ...( the nervegear ).

As for the server outage , the creator made it clear that aside the 2 hours window to move player to a facility ..things will be bad ( death ) if they stay disconnected long enough.

As far as i'm aware there is no maintenance done on SAO servers
and i'm assuming those run on a backup power in case something happen.

Arcana famiglia 6
tumblr_m8amdzdCNp1rqngu2o1_500.gif

Each episode kept getting and better and better and this one is no doubt the best one so far. Liberta has the best Arcana powers and I really hope we see more. Even Nova's too. This is a great trio and Im glad its following, Nova and Liberta so much. Their interactions and how they can see eye to eye usually works well and how they react with Ojou sama is a joy. Liked all the pirate swordplay.

I guess Dante doesnt really want to win if he wants to spend his time trying to get these three stronger. Jolly is still as nebulous as ever

Branduil

they can force logout, but not without trigerring the traps in the nervegear , killing people in the process. That technology is not something many people know outside of those who have made it ...( the nervegear ).

As for the server outage , the creator made it clear that aside the 2 hours window to move player to a facility ..things will be bad ( death ) if they stay disconnected long enough.

Honestly the premise would be much more believable if aliens came to Earth and gave us the MMO helmets.

Articalys

Rinne no Lagrange S2 5
Also, CROSS COUNTER

So Yurikano sacrificed herself to seal her powers or something? Maybe we'll get more of an explanation now that her consciousness has been dragged into Madoka's body. And yeah, I figured out pretty much immediately that Lan was running some kind of gambit with that supposed betrayal.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

I'm just finding all of that really hard to accept that he somehow managed to plan all this out for an MMO that presumably other people were working on and nobody noticed these changes he made? And that it's proven completely impossible to patch somehow? If there's a two hour window where a server could be down surely a patch could be installed to safely reinstate a log out feature, as it was stated to be in the Beta (unless I'm misunderstanding how that works).

The way noitaminA is going, I'll say it's just a matter of time!

People aren't saying that ironically. Fap Note has a very Noitamia feel by the end.

How quickly you forget our constant companion the black bar.

If Lychee Hikari Club isn't the worst anime that I've ever seen, I blame you! These are some fairly grand expectations it's shouldering now.

Well your definition of bad is really really fucked up. My definition is boring, something neither of those are. Hikari Club is also less exaggerated than Apocalypse Zero, which is why I find it more disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom