• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse 6
tumblr_m8ap3icP001qbxqfpo1_500.png

It seems so awkward to have time for fun in the sun with a beach episode in a world that is being slowly taken over by extraterrestrials. Oh well it had some interesting moments with Yuuya. Blushing with Stella was kind of funny. The choice scenes of the girls in Volleyball felt really out of place. Second half of the episode wasnt that enjoyable
Mainly because of extensive focus on Yui. Of the available females in the show I would prefer if either Cryska or better, Stella, ended up with him. Fortunately he doesnt seem to have feelings for anyone and maybe it will stay that way. Her inner turmoil was kind of boring as well. Im rather more interested in what Cryska is interested in in him, as well as how they will get off this island

Jex

[Jinrui] - 6

It feels like they threw everything against the wall and some of it happened to stick. Most of what they threw against the wall this episode was action that had very little bearing on the story that was told. It was full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing

As has recently been the case with this series most of the episode was an ugly, poorly directed, badly paced and awkwardly edited series of random events happening that were ultimately, completely pointless.

However
the last five minutes or so if this episode were actually kind of good and managed to have a stronger narrative arc than the last four episodes of the series, even if it was a little silly. I guess the writer of this work occasionally had some good ideas but overall they are very inconsistent, much like this series.

I am by no means saying that you should bother watching this episode, I just feel like I should praise this show when occasionally it does something well. Which isn't very often.
Wow. Is that a Bioshock reference? lol

More importantly, and more firehawk12-y, there's a big Star Trek: The Motion Picture reference coupled with mono no aware. Of course, if you'd have been in charge it would have been far more mono no aware than it was and, in fact, that would have made it far better. I think they could have achieved the effect with a brief montage showing the deterioration of humanity.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Jinrui] - 6

It feels like they threw everything against the wall and some of it happened to stick. Most of what they threw against the wall this episode was action that had very little bearing on the story that was told. It was full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing

As has recently been the case with this series most of the episode was an ugly, poorly directed, badly paced and awkwardly edited series of random events happening that were ultimately, completely pointless.

However
the last five minutes or so if this episode were actually kind of good and managed to have a stronger narrative arc than the last four episodes of the series, even if it was a little silly. I guess the writer of this work occasionally had some good ideas but overall they are very inconsistent, much like this series.

I am by no means saying that you should bother watching this episode, I just feel like I should praise this show when occasionally it does something well. Which isn't very often.
More importantly, and more firehawk12-y, there's a big Star Trek: The Motion Picture reference coupled with mono no aware. Of course, if you'd have been in charge it would have been far more mono no aware than it was and, in fact, that would have made it far better. I think they could have achieved the effect with a brief montage showing the deterioration of humanity.

Yeah, the first thing that came to mind when I got to that part was Star Trek: TMP. Amazing. lol

And I'm okay with the ending we got. Also, best hair cut of the season!

Narag

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 6

Well, on one hand Yui & Yuuya weren't going to break the ice due to their such differing philosophies when it comes to duty. On the other hand, anime beach episode.
If we get the love interest stuff, I hope it stays a triangle. Can't handle a harem.

KO Travelling Hobo will be pleased too.
So many butts.

Jex

Yeah, the first thing that came to mind when I got to that part was Star Trek: TMP. Amazing. lol

And I'm okay with the ending we got. Also, best hair cut of the season!

Fuck, you got ahead of my new ranking:

Best to Worst Haircut of 2012

Tsuritma
Jinrui
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Nisemonogatari
Apllon
MGX

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Hey AnimeGAF, help me on deciding whether to pick up Ghost in the Shell: SAC Complete Series or Casshern Sins Complete Series.

Looking forward to the input!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Can the name of that YouTube video be copy/pasta'd here, so I can watch it in full? I don't know how to pronounce the kanji so I can't type it out. ;_;

Ghizz

SAO 5

Is it just me or were there alot of from behind-the-butt shots!

and also, this story arc is really awesome. Should stay tuned :)

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 6

Well, on one hand Yui & Yuuya weren't going to break the ice due to their such differing philosophies when it comes to duty. On the other hand, anime beach episode.
If we get the love interest stuff, I hope it stays a triangle. Can't handle a harem.

KO Travelling Hobo will be pleased too.
So many butts.
iTSQfePHY2R16.jpg

Jex

Hey AnimeGAF, help me on deciding whether to pick up Ghost in the Shell: SAC Complete Series or Casshern Sins Complete Series.

Looking forward to the input!

Well I don't think this is a particularly hard choice. Casshern Sins is a beautiful looking show with a great atmosphere but ultimately it isn't much more than that. Once you've seen three episodes the other twenty-one are nearly redundant.

Gits:SAC is also an extremely well made series but it actually goes somewhere and is far less repetitive. It's kind of a mix of one off episodes, of varying quality, and main story episodes that mix cyberpunk stuff with kicking people in the face.

I can't really think of any reason not to chose it over Casshern Sins, unless you're offended that they ripped off that one episode of Bubblegum Crisis 2040. You know the one that I'm talking about.

Thoraxes

What is that script and should I refrain from finding out until I see the show and ask again once I do?
Someone already covered me, but, watch the show and then read it here either directly before or after you watch Episode 11. Be sure to post impressions here as I am always waiting/watching for new people to finish Ano Hana to show them the true light.
Thoraxes, you've been summoned. Show this nonbeliever the truth!
I was asleep!

Are they adapting thorax's script?

Let's hope so.

Nah it'll probably be the sidestory where Menma goes to hell instead and they gotta go rescue her.

Shit, I was about to make the same joke!

That seems to be the preferred method. Thoraxes has in his possession the original script for the final episode.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I want this to be a movie of that one fanfic so bad! XD
I'll let you guys know when i'm consulted on the movie script. Should be any moment now. I'll be sure you give you guy buckets... uh, for your tears. (this link contains end/final episode Ano Hana spoilers)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now it's basically Yuru Yuri gifs!
Well I am sorry. I'll make sure to never post one ever again.

Sword Art Online 5

The fandom is also pretty funny, I dont know why anyone would wish to live in the Sword Art Online world, being in a place where sleep pk's is possible even in safe zones is just a baffling consequence to accept.
Why wouldn't you just lock the doors and windows and as a precaution place an object by them that will topple and make a noise if anyone were to picklock them.

When ever I see anything Big-O It reminds of batman which ends with me watch batman tas.
There's a good reason for that.

Super Space Brothers 19

Man, that second half of the episode really struck a chord; I'm sure everyone knows what it feels like to finally find a group of peers that share a otherwise unloved hobby/passion of yours. Excellent stuff.
Thank you Internet.

I found this pic., Its probably super old but holy shit, its true!
I'm disappointed that this is new to you cajunator. You need to consume more.

Also Madoka doesn't follow this rule, but that's because it's deconstructs everything!

waoh ... yuru yuri fan out of there ..

They actually tried to do things like in the anime.

This needs a sequel with akarin sister Well , no it was horrible
EDIT : Well no YUri in that
Oh it's the show I was dared to watch. Well if it lacks yuri I'm not even going to contemplate taking that dare up.

That song used to be my ringtone. I kid you not.
I used READY!! from iDOLM@STER myself. The karaoke version of course. I'm not brave enough to have the vocals playing out loud.

Sword Art Online 1-5:

/party pooper
Being a nit picker is the best way to watch this. In fact I found last weeks episode dull because there really wasn't much to nitpick.

I'm just finding all of that really hard to accept that he somehow managed to plan all this out for an MMO that presumably other people were working on and nobody noticed these changes he made? And that it's proven completely impossible to patch somehow? If there's a two hour window where a server could be down surely a patch could be installed to safely reinstate a log out feature, as it was stated to be in the Beta (unless I'm misunderstanding how that works).

The thing isn't from the server..when the battery in the nervgear reach a certain level, the remaining power is set to fry the brain. The 2 hour delay was a one time thing and also part of the plan of the creator. Not something that they can use as a mean to pry/into the server to patch it...( since at any point there are people playing in it )

You can be sure that any attempt to modify things will result in a massive fry brain party given that there are things to prevent unauthorised modification within the server.
Unauthorised processes once found are stopped and killed within minutes. One instance of non authorised program was killed in such a way but that's for another backstory..

The two hour window wasn't for the server but for the nervgear ( so that people could be transported in normal facilities ). During that time the mind was a in comatose state because the nervgear supplement all brain function/orders except breathing.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sword Art Online - 4&5

Episode 4 was pretty meh, but 5 had me holding my sides. Seriously,
all this shit going down just because of a shitty ring that dropped off a boss?

If there's anything this show did right, it's nailing the dumb drama that plagues guilds in MMO's.

It's a damn shame
that girls that actually look appealing are either evil or dead by the end of the episode, while annoying loli girls like Silica live to see another day. If only their places were reversed where Yoruko was like a big sister type to Kirito in episode 4 and Silica ended up getting the dagger in the back in episode 5.. if only.
:/

You selling that +20 agi ring?! I'ma kill you!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sword Art Online - 4&5

Episode 4 was pretty meh, but 5 had me holding my sides. Seriously,
all this shit going down just because of a shitty ring that dropped off a boss?

If there's anything this show did right, it's nailing the dumb drama that plagues guilds in MMO's.

It's a damn shame
that girls that actually look appealing are either evil or dead by the end of the episode, while annoying loli girls like Silica live to see another day. If only their places were reversed where Yoruko was like a big sister type to Kirito in episode 4 and Silica ended up getting the dagger in the back in episode 5.. if only.
:/

You selling that +20 agi ring?! I'ma kill you!

Red haired girl from ep 4 was >>>>>>>>>>>>> the loli, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom