• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Rusqj.gif

Ikuhara saving anime again.

Edit:
Another excuse for me to do a new gaijin4koma!

jman2050

I love how because of Madoka everyone is reacting to the Prism Nana promotions with varying degrees of curiosity and distrust.

That type of stuff in the video isn't going to help matters :p

I talked about it in the IRC chat and two minutes later it's on 4chan. Who is the dirty 4chan spy?

As far as I know it's either me or 7th at any given time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://i.minus.com/i65YDDpw6FsO4.gif

HOLY SHIT DID YOU JUST SAY THAT gifs really oughta be reserved for, y'know, times when people aren't just making a simple expression of opinion that isn't generally considered to be unreasonable :p

I know that using grantorinogetoffmylawn.gif the other night makes me a hypocrite, lol

Probably just a line of products or something.

Mid-season recruit?

Either way, I think I'm done with mahou shoujo explicitly targeted toward otaku, this is looking like pass for me.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
HOLY SHIT DID YOU JUST SAY THAT gifs really oughta be reserved for, y'know, times when people aren't just making a simple expression of opinion that isn't generally considered to be unreasonable :p

I know that using grantorinogetoffmylawn.gif the other night makes me a hypocrite, lol

Probably just a line of products or something.

Mid-season recruit?

Either way, I think I'm done with mahou shoujo explicitly targeted toward otaku, this is looking like pass for me.

actually, with that particular gif, I'm just trying to make people forget the edited one with poor Kanna. :(

fertygo

Apparently there's trailer for penguinbear in comiket or sumthin, dunno its hoax or not.

(Trailer starts)
(Himari is a happy school student looking a little older. She meets up with Ringo as she heads to college. As usual, the two believe they are forgetting something important)
(Suddenly Sanetoshi)
"Did you think the punishment would end here?"
"That voice!"
(Out of nowhere, Teddydrum bombs fall from the sky. City going to hell)
"Shibireru darou?"
(Following some cryptic clues left behind by the penguins before they left Ringo and Himari must find the Penguinbear. Action scenes and SYMBOLISM everywhere)

MAWARU PENGUINBEAR, COMING IN 2013

(Last scene is two hands holding on to the PotC hat)
"Aniki....is it time?"
"Of course. Our family needs us"

SEIZON SENRYAKUUUUUUUU

Its will explain the last dot that never got visited though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Maybe somebody asked you already but what is the main difference between a late-night magical girl anime and the daytime counterpart?

Mahou shoujo for general audiences are much better at sticking to genre conventions without immediately descending into self-parody. The constant "hey, it's a kids' show...FOR ADULTS! HOW DROLL." winking and nodding in adult mahou shoujo is really really played out, especially when it's lazily communicated through otaku tropes and sexualization. It's one genre where being clean, innocent, and totally unironic enhances the experience.

Ichigeki Sacchū!! HoiHoi-san Legacy - OVA
http://youtu.be/wzHniCLizlQ

cute robots doing cute things

Mahou shoujo for general audiences are much better at sticking to genre conventions without immediately descending into self-parody. The constant "hey, it's a kids' show...FOR ADULTS! HOW DROLL." winking and nodding in adult mahou shoujo is really really played out, especially when it's lazily communicated through otaku tropes and sexualization. It's one genre where being clean, innocent, and totally unironic enhances the experience.

ah, pkay.

I'm not an expoert in these things because Madoka was is the only magical girl show I saw since Sailor Moon.

Narag

ah, pkay.

I'm not an expoert in these things because Madoka was is the only magical girl show I saw since Sailor Moon.

On that note, what are some examples of otakubait magical girl shows?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
ah, pkay.

I actually like Madoka because it avoids most of these pitfalls in spite of being a "deconstruction" or whatever it billed itself as. It was overwhelmingly for otaku and whatnot, but it made a good effort to be its own thing and I'm mostly okay with its level of success.

Narag

I dunno, i see a lot of meme-based world around here. If someone decided to make arbitrary rules about it, it should be clear.

Well, I encourage you to use it and if it gets you banned, the rest of us will know. Your sacrifice will forever be etched into our memories etc.

Narag

Well, i'd like to know anyway. Unfortunately, some people just can't handle confrontation. :(

This begs the question: Do you feel the need to use such phrasing to voice your malcontent? Do you subconsciously find yourself referring to Microsoft as M$ or Type-MOON stuff as Nasushit? Admittedly a case can be made for the latter.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
On that note, what are some examples of otakubait magical girl shows?

Prisma Illya is a big upcoming example (what is it with these shows and the word Prisma?), but recent things like Houkago no Pleiades and Twin Angel count.

Taruranto

I don't see why not, its a perfectly cromulent word.

According to Mad Pierrot it gets you 1 month bad. I asked for clarifications to him and Duckroll but they won't answer. :(

This begs the question: Do you feel the need to use such phrasing to voice your malcontent? Do you subconsciously find yourself referring to Microsoft as M$ or Type-MOON stuff as Nasushit? Admittedly a case can be made for the latter.

Why not? It's a 7 letters world and reflect my opinion of what i consider a terrible company. It's not like it take more time or energy to write it or every time i write it anger piles up inside me an i sacrifice a virgin to the dark God of the anti-moe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom