• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam 00 season 2 episodes 6-10
Like this much more than the end of season 1. At least they have forced me to actually root for the Gundams this season. Show still feels kinda weird though, like its completely undoing the first season or it was done by a 100% different team. Show has a problem with the villains. They are just more obnoxious than actual good villains, really needed a Treize Khushrenada type.

Overall I think so far
both
Lockon have been my favorite Gundam character after Heero Yuy.

Defuser

How could you resist something this moe:

1voGyl.gif

By dying a horrible death because she fails to protect me.

you missed out on seeing many male body parts

Cant endure watching an unappealing main character even if there are eventual rewards, just not worth it.

Gundam Wing 41 - 44

Since the new OP at 41 this final arc is really spectacular thus far. No bad episodes, nothing I even dislike is present.
Dorothy and Relena moments are hilarious as well as her and Quatre's zero system battle tactics. 44 is one of the best episodes just in terms of both action, personalities, Quatre, and the suspense and intensity of the Libre's assault. The laser firing on Earth too was just really unexpected and really took this to being one of the more intense Gundam's Ive seen
. At moments, Gundam Age cant even compare to Gundam Wing!

Defuser

Accel World ep 18
Wtf, we got cliffhangered for this pandering? Bleh. At least there will be gattai voltron shit going on in the next episode.

Cant endure watching an unappealing main character even if there are eventual rewards, just not worth it.

Gundam Wing 41 - 44

Since the new OP at 41 this final arc is really spectacular thus far. No bad episodes, nothing I even dislike is present.
Dorothy and Relena moments are hilarious as well as her and Quatre's zero system battle tactics. 44 is one of the best episodes just in terms of both action, personalities, Quatre, and the suspense and intensity of the Libre's assault. The laser firing on Earth too was just really unexpected and really took this to being one of the more intense Gundam's Ive seen
. At moments, Gundam Age cant even compare to Gundam Wing!
Glad you're still liking it.

cajunator

Banned
Just watch it, we all know that it's really about appreciating the girls doing cute things.

It definitely is.

question out of left field here: Say the show was instead about boys doing cute things would the show have the same appeal to you? surely there is some sexual attraction involved if the answer is no.

even cajunator who appears to abide by some kind of "cute things are cute" rule im sure has at least some kind of ulterior interest. if not why?

Uchip. asking all the tough questions.
Seriously though, I think you are thinking too much about this whole thing.

For the obvious reasons, he's short and fat which somehow attracts the girls which is already shatter some people's minds.. or people must have watch Accel World after coming off from Guilty Crown lol

I think it's refreshing to see a rather different type of MC than the other generic average looking MC we got so far.

I agree. Haru is a unique type of character in anime. He's not a total loser, although he has confidence issues. He's not physically normal. He's not a total klutz.
He's sort of the male equivalent of Tsukimi from Princess Jellyfish.

new theory:
girls are generally less funny than guys irl, so making comedies about them is more interesting by way of contrast

Uchip, I think you'd be better off if you just step away from this argument for a bit.

and the extreme objectification on women and girls in anime doesn't phase you?
hypocrite

In a way it is bothersome, like when fanservice is THE only reason an anime exists, but then again I BUY ANIME FIGURINES. In a way I have objectified them by actually buying an object version of them lol. But of course there also exist male character figurines, though not nearly as prevalent.

But of course there also exist male character figurines, though not nearly as prevalent.
But then you have american companies that try as hard as they can to only release figures of male characters so it balances out.

Someone mentioned it has a movie, is it worth seeing/conclusive?
Yes it wa really good imo. haven't seen it in so long I don't remember alot though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The fall season looks not bad.

oh oh is this the thing where we try to insta-judge things on a tiny piece of promotional art? I'm game.

no no no yes yes no
no yes yes no no no
no no maybe yes no maybe
yes no no no no no
no yes no no no no
maybe yes no no no no

7Th

LIST TIME!

watching:

Natsuyuki
Hyouka
Eureka Seven Ao
Joshiraku
Oda Nobuna
Accel World
SAO

may go back at some point:

Binbougami-ga
Jinrui

Best show of the season:
Hyouka

Good stuff:
Natsuyuki
Joshiraku

Bones:
Eureka AO

Little kid cartoons:
Smile Precure
SS Omega

Needs more cartoon antics:
Yuru Yuri S2

Why:
Oda Nobuna
SAO

pretty sure those aren't made for sex appeal
unless batman is your thing
yeah but using your Batman example
characters like the 3 Batgirls, Batwoman, Catwoman, Harley, Ivy, Huntress who are sex appeal characters get maybe 1 product between all of them compared to about 50+ of Batman anything. id actually bet they'd sell more Batman body pillows than the others as well, sadly lol.

Im just saying the industries are the opposite and balance out. look at how many Rei and Asuka there are in comparison to Shinji
though who'd want him

in the end it kind of sucks though because I end up having to pay $100+ for something like Figma Kyon just to go with a $30 Haruhi.(would have been more worth it if it was Kyonko)

Though that raises the question, how is the Japanese toy/figure industry doing right now?
I know the American industry isn't doing that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom