• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Why not? It's a 7 letters world and reflect my opinion of what i consider a terrible company. It's not like it take more time or energy to write it or every time i write it anger piles up inside me an i sacrifice a virgin to the dark God of the anti-moe.

It's lazy wordplay that belies any actual merit to your opinion. But hey, keep on fighting the good fight. It's no secret GAF has a dearth of edgy opinionated posters.

Taruranto

It's lazy wordplay that belies any actual merit to your opinion. But hey, keep on fighting the good fight. It's no secret GAF has a dearth of edgy opinionated posters.

I don't think it adds any merit to anything.
I may a edgy opinionated poster but at least i can handle discussion without feeling like i need to rely on mod powers shutting of people i don't like.

Accel World 18

Who cares about what's going on at school and instead do a beach episode!

This was mildly better than other episodes. Maybe no stupid MC to make me not want to look at the screen every few minutes. Still a terrible show though.

BluWacky

I miss ALL the Penguindrum announcements when I'm off doing other things. First the UK license of the first season and now Penguinbear? Forgive me, Mr Ikuhara...

My bad translation of the sentence on the Penguinbear page is "Without being caught in that transparent storm, I found it." Whether it's my crummy Japanese or Ikuhara being cryptic I don't know.

I know Penguindrum was deeply flawed in many ways, but it was still my show of 2011. Whether this is a movie, a spinoff, or whatever, I'll be there.

BluWacky

Boo.
I can buy a stuffed animal penguin anytime I please.

But can you buy a penguin bear?

Surely the choice of a bear can't be insignificant given that Starchild have produced a plushie of Himari's bear to sell at Comiket and... well, it's one of the most significant parts of the show's ending?

Taruranto

Yes, madpierrot can take quite a few PM's before he responds, I know from experience.

Nope, he's ignoring me.
I pm'ed him to know if he was serious about the Kyoanus stuffs but he doesn't answer. He actually think i'm annoying or creepy and think i'm harassing him (lolwut) but i just want answers. Why making statements you are not ready to back up?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seriously? It was a really nice short series. (Minus the failed attempt at Subaru tie-in.)

Best Show of the Season:
Kokoro Connect

Runner-up:
Tari Tari

Best show that lost the best-show-of-the-season title:
Hyouka

Speaking of, I can't believe this new arc. lol
Doujin-fuel indeed.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kokoro Connect 6

This show is still really fun, and even more proof this episode that
Inaba is the best girl.

The new "gimmick" is quite fun already, even in just the set up episode, it looks like there'll be a lot more of it next episode.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
According to Mad Pierrot it gets you 1 month bad. I asked for clarifications to him and Duckroll but they won't answer. :(

Well, since you've forcibly dragged IRC business into the open, I'll respond if it'll put your mind at ease.

"1 month ban" is a joke. That's it. We frequently joke about bans over frivolous things with each other, and this was one such instance. Members in no way have any influence over mod policy behind the scenes, nor do they even want to. I made the joke because, yes, I'm annoyed by your fondness for the phrase "kyoanus", but no one is seeking to actively censor you.

If you insist on freely using the word, I'd simply advise you not to be surprised if you're ever not taken seriously because, for all the horsing around that we do in this thread, we're still committed to a certain level of discussion that precludes name-calling as a substitute for actual nuanced opinion. That's the long and the short of it, and this issue is behind me if it's behind you. I don't dislike you, dude, I just wanted to be sure that you weren't flaming out of the community permanently before I offered a response.

Seriously? It was a really nice short series. (Minus the failed attempt at Subaru tie-in.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any sort of statement on the quality of these shows, just that they're recent examples of mahou shoujo explicitly targeted toward otaku.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kokoro Connect 6

This show is still really fun, and even more proof this episode that
Inaba is the best girl.

The new "gimmick" is quite fun already, even in just the set up episode, it looks like there'll be a lot more of it next episode.

There's already a
OTP though. She's just pulling a Kanna!

Well, since you've forcibly dragged IRC business into the open, I'll respond if it'll put your mind at ease.

"1 month ban" is a joke. That's it. We frequently joke about bans over frivolous things with each other, and this was one such instance. Members in no way have any influence over mod policy behind the scenes, nor do they even want to. I made the joke because, yes, I'm annoyed by your fondness for the phrase "kyoanus", but no one is seeking to actively censor you.

If you insist on freely using the word, I'd simply advise you not to be surprised if you're ever not taken seriously because, for all the horsing around that we do in this thread, we're still committed to a certain level of discussion that precludes name-calling as a substitute for actual nuanced opinion. That's the long and the short of it, and this issue is behind me if it's behind you.

I'll give you a 1 minute ban for this post!

Geneijin

Nope, he's ignoring me.
I pm'ed him to know if he was serious about the Kyoanus stuffs but he doesn't answer. He actually think i'm annoying or creepy and think i'm harassing him (lolwut) but i just want answers. Why making statements you are not ready to back up?
Not everyone can respond promptly you know.

Taruranto

See, it doesn't take that much to answer a question doesn't it?

, but no one is seeking to actively censor you.

I dunno dude, if you tend to ban people who disagree with you instead of using the ignore list one starts to wonder.

we're still committed to a certain level of discussion that precludes name-calling as a substitute for actual nuanced opinion.ì

Are you mature and badass enough to discuss the next cute girls doing cute things show by Kyoani?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I dunno dude, if you tend to ban people who disagree with you instead of using the ignore list one starts to wonder.

a.) is my name red

b.) are you actually banned?

If you can answer "no" to both of these questions, then you're clinging to a fairly significant misinterpretation of a joke.

Kokoro Connect 6

This remains my favorite show of the season.

Inaba is easily the best character,
so the focus on her during this arc is going to be great. Also, you might want to reconsider before suggesting Inaba is going to be the Kanna of the show.

Taruranto

a.) is my name red

b.) are you actually banned?

If you can answer "no" to both of these questions, then you're clinging to a fairly significant misinterpretation of a joke.

You are on irc chat, and since you are a mod there and neogaf mods seem to agree with you i have no way to know whatever you are serious or not.

[19:19:28] <OhGodWhereIsMagiPV> cosmicblizzard: we banned him for a while without kicking him though

I'd personally suggest we could discuss this in pm, but you don't seem comfortable discussing things unless you are in an upper position. :( (since you prefer to discuss my messages with others instead of just answering to them)

jbug617

Banned
Kokoro Connect 6

Wow. Show is just great and the next step is going to bring out some interesting problems. When
the change starting happening and the first impulse act of Inaba trying to seduce Taichi was crazy.
Next episode seems to be more
Inaba
drama.

icecream

Public Health Threat
The whole arc looks like
Inaba drama
. Just like how the first arc ended up focusing on
Iori drama
. The new ED suggests it too.

There's already a
OTP though. She's just bringing pulling a Kanna!
I don't know what OTP means, but the best pair in the show is Maiko x Iori!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any sort of statement on the quality of these shows, just that they're recent examples of mahou shoujo explicitly targeted toward otaku.
But they're different. If you mean, mahou shoujo shows that are more targeted otaku, sure. But there's a difference between that and shows that straight up pander such as Twin Angel, Prisma Illya, Moetan, Komugi, Magical Heart Kokoro-chan, T.P. Sakura, etc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You are on irc chat, and since you are a mod there and neogaf mods seem to agree with you i have no way to know whatever you are serious or not.

I'm an operator. My power extends to being able to change the channel topic.

I really implore you to step back and realize how much you're overreacting to a virtual non-issue. If I apologize for making the joke, will you drop this?

Narag

Super Veggie Torracman

Another 2010 YATP production, it's a bizarre show about a girl who can't stand eating carrots & peppers or drinking milk. Of course, this leads to her encountering anthropomorphous versions of each that are apparently hallucinations from an allergic reaction after having ingested them. It feels like a weird blend of of eastern & western animation as the human characters have a more traditional anime quality to them while the food characters have this bizarre Disney mascot sensibility to them, the carrot in particular being reminiscent of Genie from Aladdin. Not to say that's bad as such a thing has its own particular charm but it did feel out of place. Milk's transformation familar sound effect is something I've heard a lot too but I can't quite recall where.

wiQ4pl.jpg

So very anime.
ZRwA8l.png

So very not.

Taruranto

what happens in IRC stays in IRC

What if Irc people aren't opened toward discussion and shut you off? I mean, the second i entered the chan to questioning whatever he was joking or not or whatever i could use it on the forum i got banned. Am i suppose to have mind-reading powers? =0

I'm an operator. My power extends to being able to change the channel topic.

I really implore you to step back and realize how much you're overreacting to a virtual non-issue. If I apologize for making the joke, will you drop this?

Oh please, stop playing the victim. I don't care.

duckroll

Okay I'm just going to say this once and for all. You are now starting to become disruptive on the forum here. It is annoying many of the members here, and it has gone on for long enough. No one gives a fuck what happens on IRC. It is not run by NeoGAF, it is not an official extension of our site. It is simply a channel which members of AnimeGAF started for people to hang out together. If you insist on being disruptive on this thread over drama on IRC, you will be banned. I am only posting this warning because it seems you are not familiar with how things are around here. Do not PM me about this, do not reply to this, do not continue arguing or whining about IRC crap on NeoGAF. That is not a request.

Watch the first two episodes of Sankrea this morning. I like it enough to keep going, and it looks like shit is about to get pretty real. Loved the Shawn of the Dead reference, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom