• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

good god wtf

Kirito prepared to enter me...

With the thought of that, despite it merely pressing against my entrance, honey flowed out from me without end.

"Liz..."

"Hmm, do it... deeper."

*zubu... zubuzubu... guchu*

Every time Kirito's member gently sunk into me, lewd noises came from me, the count of which surpassed the act itself. But this was no time to be shy over those sounds.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kirito prepared to enter me...

With the thought of that, despite it merely pressing against my entrance, honey flowed out from me without end.

"Liz..."

"Hmm, do it... deeper."

*zubu... zubuzubu... guchu*

Every time Kirito's member gently sunk into me, lewd noises came from me, the count of which surpassed the act itself. But this was no time to be shy over those sounds.

Fucking #deeeeeeeeeeead

Waiting for the other shoe to drop for him to deliver a
Sugu
chapter for maximum lolz.

Cwarrior

fIWly.png

Beta are amazing, just ask Marino. They are also incredible skilled lovers, just ask a certain brain in a tube.

the leftside describes nearly every anime lead ever.

the one at the bottom right looks like they tried to fuse a penis,a vangina,ball sack and a foot.

Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas

I do like how GC ended up, but I'm thinking it would have been better if it starred this guy. Scrooge and Carol are more interesting than Shoe and Inori.

A nice little side-story prequel before the Apocalypse Virus became widespread. A few good action scenes and great music just like the tv series. I kind of want to play the VN now.

Narag

Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas

I do like how GC ended up, but I'm thinking it would have been better if it starred this guy. Scrooge and Carol are more interesting than Shoe and Inori.

A nice little side-story prequel before the Apocalypse Virus became widespread. A few good action scenes and great music just like the tv series. I kind of want to play the VN now.

This embodied the few good parts of GC I actually enjoyed. Rockin' soundtrack, Segai doing thangs, and crazy action without all the stupid baggage that was present in the tv series.

Better choose the proper team soon cuz there will be war. I'm leading Team Asuna. Dresden is leading Team Lizbeth. Duckroll is leading Team Silica. Idk who's leading Sachi, lolz.

It figures that ducky is leading Team Loli.

Sachi is dead, you can't be on Team Dead Girl! Unless you like Dead Girl Moe, I dunno.

Narag

Ten Tokyo Warriors 1-3

Since I got back into this hobby I've oft toyed with the idea of watching enough bad anime so I could finally discern the exact moment anime died. Good news for me; now I don't have to.
This is it. Something so uniformly terrible that I'm forced to consider if The Great Moe Accident wasn't so much an accident but the courageous act of a few brave souls to purge this sin from our collective consciousness. If not death, then this is anime's shambling undead corpse, a grotesque collection of everything I hate given form when it would have been better off buried in the earth and forgotten. And this is only the first half.

fertygo

If you guys want to watch Muv-Luv, just play the VN... Its amazing, I became fanboy as soon after that.. The world and military stuff is very interesting, the BETA' existence also fascinating, make you curious what kind of creature they are.

For the Total Eclipse anime itself, its quite boring so far.. but I hear the big arc is coming soon, let see if any good. Would be hilarious if slideshow action in the VN still better than what the anime shown.[

Although Yatsunari Kou cut in Muv-Luv : Alternative already worth more than all visual stuff in this side story anime
Different writer too I think. Nitroplus is good people.

The VN seems quite decent, hope there's translation of it in 1-2 year.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Looking forward to more of The Meat Show Featuring Everyone Else. Best guilty pleasure anime of 2011.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
10 Tokyo Warriors 1-3:

It's encouraging to know that the badness of a dub and the stupidity of a plot can still stir negative feelings within me. This is some truly terrible shit--a pretty standard "demons in Tokyo" OVA made a decade after the genre was commercially viable. Consequently, it lacks the charm of even the most non-notable OVAs of that earlier period, instead being an ugly and soulless product of the early digital age with its washed-out look, unpleasant turn-of-the-millennium character design, and horribad CG. It's a sad last gasp for a very specific subject matter that spawned several very entertaining works, intentionally or otherwise.

Instro

Looks new to me.

@1:27... well that happens. I think that sufficiently addresses that.

Art seems better to me, but that could just be late-night weariness talking.

The coloring I think. Maybe some changes to the designs as well? At the very least the main guys hair doesn't look like ass anymore.

All the Girls Want My 2 Years of Semen 7:

An episode for Lizbeth. I guess they wanted to save this episode to introduce her even though she's just another member of Kirito's harem. It's okay I guess, I always liked Lizbeth. She ain't got shit on The Perfectu Waifu but she's cute.

The next episode will FINALLY actually start into the main story of the original LN. It only took them 8 episodes to get back to where the second chapter of the LN starts!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

An episode for Lizbeth. I guess they wanted to save this episode to introduce her even though she's just another member of Kirito's harem. It's okay I guess, I always liked Lizbeth. She ain't got shit on The Perfectu Waifu but she's cute.

The next episode will FINALLY actually start into the main story of the original LN. It only took them 8 episodes to get back to where the second chapter of the LN starts!

I welcome you into my warband. Now to erase these heathen scums off of this thread.

Question for the LNers: do you think that the SAO anime will be better viewed in the original LN order, or is the broadcast order likely to be preferable?

SAO 7

mmo ntr.

hmmm... do girls really play mmos just to find love? Weirdos.

It's a bit different than normal MMOs when you're literally trapped in the game for 2 years. I've met a few girls IRL who play MMOs, and hearing their stories of being hit on by guys in-game makes me glad I'm not a girl who plays MMOs. Some of the stories I've been told are pretty creepy.

One of the funniest trolls you can pull off in an MMO is pretend to be a girl IRL, incidentally.

Question for the LNers: do you think that the SAO anime will be better viewed in the original LN order, or is the broadcast order likely to be preferable?

The side stories aren't exactly essential material to begin with, and all I ever see in the AS SAO forum is LNers ripping all the episodes new ones because of how much they are rushing the side stories to fit them all into one episode. I love how Liz goes from "Who the fuck is this guy?" to "I want you to impale me repeatedly with your long, hard broadsword!" in literally no time at all because of the compressing that had to be done to fit her side story into a single episode.

AAequal

Banned
Went through two seasons of Kaiji and I have to say it was intense ride. From time to it was cruciating to watch since you knew Kaiji is getting
screwed one way or the other.
Don't really know what was my favorite game but overall I really enjoyed the underground arc the most. Some episodes of the bog arc really did drag bit too long and Kaiji seemed to tear up into manly tears bit too often during the whole ordeal, but overall I can't say too many negative things about this show, really liked it. I hope there is going to be more since I'm really hooked on this show.
s4lhKl.jpg

edit. Zawa...Zawa...Za..Zawa......Zawa

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

If you intake SAO in the LN order, there're lot of inconsistencies, contradictions, and problems in character development and plot. Even so, I think this narrative is the most interesting because it justs blasts your face with interesting narrative points. This isn't to say that the anime broadcasting order is bad. It's just.... I don't know. I feel like I'm watching DtB.

sleepykyo

Did they explain how the victims are still alive in SAO? Did the public hook up a bunch of IVs to all of them and the victims' families take care of the other stuff?

The side stories aren't exactly essential material to begin with, and all I ever see in the AS SAO forum is LNers ripping all the episodes new ones because of how much they are rushing the side stories to fit them all into one episode. I love how Liz goes from "Who the fuck is this guy?" to "I want you to impale me repeatedly with your long, hard broadsword!" in literally no time at all because of the compressing that had to be done to fit her side story into a single episode.
Thanks. I know you said it's returning to the original LN story next episode, but are there be more side stories to come?
If you intake SAO in the LN order, there're lot of inconsistencies, contradictions, and problems in character development and plot. Even so, I think this narrative is the most interesting because it justs blasts your face with interesting narrative points. This isn't to say that the anime broadcasting order is bad. It's just.... I don't know. I feel like I'm watching DtB.
Do the sidestories fix those problems? I was under the impression that the side stories retconned and contradicted the original story.

Dresden

Did they explain how the victims are still alive in SAO? Did the public hook up a bunch of IVs to all of them and the victims' families take care of the other stuff?

Creator dude warned the authorities and gave them like a two hour period to get everyone taken care of, as in, got them to hospitals and stuff. So now they're all on drip and stomach pumps.

Hagure Yuusha 7

This seems like a totally illegal event for someone to actually sponsor. Ah well, at least it made for some good entertainment. And there were a few really well animated and choreographed scenes in this episode. Where the hell did that come from?

Looks like the fantasy worlds will play a role after all, but I doubt it will be to a great extent with how long the show probably is.

icecream

Public Health Threat
For making sense especially later on, chronological order is much better. For presentation and appeal? Starting a show off with a bunch of side stories may be a bit detracting...

Art looks sorta different? Is it a different studio this time around?

trejo

Zubuzubu Guchu Online 7

It only makes sense that such a powerful sword is made from
dragon turd
. Strongest material there is!

So let me see if I'm getting this right, after just a single dungeon run together this Lisbeth chick is already all set to start polishing Kirito's long, hard and heavy sword? Dude must have been allocating a massive amount of points to Charisma or something.

Now let's see the pros and cons for Team Lizbeth:

+ Dem freckles
+ Short hair
+ Most likely puts out easily
+ Comes equipped with some awesome onomatopeia

- Probably too clingy
- Is willing to
give up on her man without much of a fight
- Her smithing hammer is much too small
- Has trouble deciding how to spell her own name

Decisions, decisions.

Also: