• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

YOU GUYS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HER PURE HEARTED FREINDSHIP FOR A EVIL HOMEWRECKER LIKE ASUNA DESPITE HER FEELINGS FOR KIRITO AKA BATMAN

GOD

Bleach somethingsomethingsomething

Back to the non fillers which are equally as boring as the fillers were. Woo!

Renji and Chad do what they do best and fight some random hollow.

Ichigo and whatshisname talk, fight, argue about Orihime's purity? or something, talk, clash swords more.

I rather have the oddly designed sword beasts instead.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Asuna is the canonical waifu, it's the other members of Batman's harem which are the potential homewreckers!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bleach somethingsomethingsomething

Back to the non fillers which are equally as boring as the fillers were. Woo!

Renji and Chad do what they do best and fight some random hollow.

Ichigo and whatshisname talk, fight, argue about Orihime's purity? or something, talk, clash swords more.

I rather have the oddly designed sword beasts instead.

ahahahahah, I forgot about Ulquiorra. Those were good times. Cheer up, emo Arrancar.

how many more weeks now until
THE HEART
, I wonder

Space Bros 21

I thought the height requirement was more about the g-force or something rather than NASA just being stingy with their spacesuit budget. I could be completely wrong there though and it's not like I'm anything close to an expert on the subject.

Soma

It's not good, memes are not going to change that.

I guess the dozens of people who enjoyed it here, the people who also voted it at #1, and all the praise it that usually gets (ignoring ANN reviews) won't either, huh? :p

In hindsight, I don't think it's as good as I thought it was last year but I still find it damn enjoyable.

But uh yeah opinions and what-not.

I guess the dozens of people who enjoyed it here, the people who also voted it at #1, and all the praise it that usually gets (ignoring ANN reviews) won't either, huh? :p
That just further (sales in Japan being the first indicator) demonstrates that it has wide (relatively speaking) appeal, which is by no means a metric for determining quality.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Madoka is one of those shows that's best watched during it's airing date. It's not worthwhile if you approach it late.

cajunator

Banned
Since I am currently without any modern convienences like internet and computers, I finally got around to buying Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. If only I had a way to watch them. :( Now that I think about it, I've watched surprisingly little of the Ghibli catalogue.

You will love these movies. Which Ghibli films have you seen?

I can't wait to read your reviews of Laputa the Castle and Warriors of the Wind.

Do not pay attention to Branduil. He is being hateful.
NO CUTS.

Kinda want to watch muv luv now.

Same. Very BLood-C-esque

That's like my favorite character archetype. There's no better girl than her, because she hits all the right spots.

Also she's the cutest. You are welcome to join me.

Kanna is indeed the best. Nobody ever wins in harem shows anyway except the Otaku watching it.

Is this a new promo for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai S2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRGxtqDj9Wg

The first season is on my backlog still. I haen't chosen a team yet :(

Madoka 1

What the fuck am I watching?

A really good mahou shoujo series.

trejo

Using the "it's popular enough so it must be good!" argument is never a good idea. And I say that as someone who greatly enjoyed the show.

Having said that, Pizzaroll has become something of a predictable joke character when it comes to hating on Shaft so pay him no mind.

Madoka is one of those shows that's best watched during it's airing date. It's not worthwhile if you approach it late.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's "not worthwhile," but missing out on the utter insanity(speculah, fanart, waifu wars, etc) that surrounded the show definitely takes it down a few pegs.

Then again, the delay actually hurt my enjoyment of the show quite a bit, so maybe being able to watch 11 and 12 right after 10 will partially make up for the missed experience.

Same. Very BLood-C-esque
Muv-Luv actually has a full cast of likeable characters, as opposed to Blood-C's one. And you will fucking love Chobi. She's lethal levels of :cajun.

cajunator

Banned
Personally, I have rewatched Madoka Magica four times already and it only got better with each viewing. I think it stands up well to repeat viewings.
Aniplex did a really good job with the release. The changes Shaft made did not detract from the show at all. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Soma

Using the "it's popular enough so it must be good!" argument is never a good idea. And I say that as someone who greatly enjoyed the show.

Having said that, Pizzaroll has become something of a predictable joke character when it comes to hating on Shaft so pay him no mind.

Yeah the hater's gonna hate thing (I was doing so well up til now at avoiding memetic phrases too!) was ultimately in jest. I'm well aware of that whole Angel Beats! fiasco as well so there you go. I know how vehemently some people are against SHAFT and hey people are totally free to think so just has much as people are welcome to enjoy certain things. Opinions are such a silly thing.

the delay was just there to let us feel homu's suffering.
jTTOWk3f9mEUg.jpg

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
SAO 6

Good episode. But can someone please explain that end?? Dude confesses his crime and then his bros just take him along? Sunshines and rainbows and something for lunch... Wut.. why didn't they just kill him or impose some form of punishment or justice upon him? He could have even died accidentally to give the viewer some form of proper closure there. Scot-free though man... Unless they're going to close this issue next ep, but they didn't allude to that at all...

Personally, I have rewatched Madoka Magica four times already and it only got better with each viewing. I think it stands up well to repeat viewings.
Aniplex did a really good job with the release. The changes Shaft made did not detract from the show at all. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Yup. Watched it twice and loved it both times. Usually I end up nitpicking repeated viewings but both watches left me satisfied. Love the show.

It still amazes me that this from the same show that I (only) watched the first two episodes from.
I'm not going to even try to pretend that Muv-Luv is a quality show, but I will say that the way they introduced the series was probably the best method they could have went with. The transition itself is jarring, but it's really paying off.

SAO 6

Good episode. But can someone please explain that end?? Dude confesses his crime and then his bros just take him along? Sunshines and rainbows and something for lunch... Wut.. why didn't they just kill him or impose some form of punishment or justice upon him? He could have even died accidentally to give the viewer some form of proper closure there. Scot-free though man... Unless they're going to close this issue next ep, but they didn't allude to that at all...
Because he saw the error of his ways. Which was total horseshit and my only major complaint about that episode, but there you go.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 07

This episode was much better than 6. Anything is better than episode 6 was.
This was a more traditional "ghost story mystery" sort of episode, so it seemed to work better for what the series was aiming for than the usual stupid ultra-simple mystery. This was also pretty simple but at least it was interesting.
Oreki still figures out everything, and Chitanda is still adorably curious. She hasn't sneezed in a while though so I have to dock points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom