• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rika is annoying. Meat is boring and mid tier. Yozora is sappy and not tsun enough. Yukimura wins by default.

Edit: See Dresden knows.

Thoraxes

duckroll

So basically subtracting all the kanji? I don't know, I think that kind of validates my complaint.

Japanese popular short-hand is never about the short-hand having any actual meaning, but rather forming something which rolls off the tongue well or looks good when written. It's a phonic language, so they like stuff which sounds good as a component word. It's very different from how you would do it in English.

Narag

Guilty Crown 3

So the first episode roped me in by presenting itself as this dour scifi show... which turned into some sort of I don't even fucking know in the second and now the third was the equivalent of a school episode looking for a lost cat. Fuck it, maybe there's a genre shift in every episode!

Episode resolution was hilarious at least.
"And so we made a promise to keep one another's secret." Then the friend turns Shu in to the authorities immediately thereafter.

Guilty Crown 3

So the first episode roped me in by presenting itself as this dour scifi show... which turned into some sort of I don't even fucking know in the second and now the third was the equivalent of a school episode looking for a lost cat. Fuck it, maybe there's a genre shift in every episode!

"And so we made a promise to keep one another's secret." Then the friend turns Shu in to the authorities immediately thereafter.

Kind of, at least until it stabilizes around the 6 or 7.

Branduil

Your description there makes Stand Alone Complex sound terrible.

If you dislike procedurals, I suppose it does.

Japanese popular short-hand is never about the short-hand having any actual meaning, but rather forming something which rolls off the tongue well or looks good when written. It's a phonic language, so they like stuff which sounds good as a component word. It's very different from how you would do it in English.

I've kind of inferred that much over the years from their gratuitous use of foreign words they don't understand or know how to spell.

Jex

Huh. I suppose if you care about the world, it could be an interesting place to have detective stories. It's just... I remember when someone turned Total Recall into a tv series and I don't know what's gained by that.
It's not quite the same though because Ghost in the Shell wasn't created as a one-off movie. It was created a manga with a number of volumes and stories.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guilty Crown 3

Dude, prepare yourself even more. Granted there are some super super super good episodes later on.

I never post on this thread unless I find an anime I really like

Sword Art Online

The first 4 episodes of this anime really got to me.

Prepare for the hate you will be incurring soon.

Dresden

sao - 04

best episode: ep1 > ep4 > ep3 > ep2

best waifu: klein > silica > ep3 girl > asuna > haruka lookalike

best batman: ep4 kirito > ep1 kirito > ep3 kirito > ep2 kirito

best humor: ep3 > ep2

mthRL.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
sao - 04

best episode: ep1 > ep4 > ep3 > ep2

best waifu: klein > silica > that girl who dies in ep3 > asuna > haruka lookalike

best batman: ep4 kirito > ep1 kirito > ep3 kirito > ep2 kirito

best random death: ep3 > ep2

ep1 > ep 4 > ep 2 > ep 3

Best girl: Asuna > the rest

Best Kirito: 4 > the rest

Best random death: All of them.

Narag

Guilty Crown 4

Prison drama time. This shit is so much better when the soundtrack kicks up and everyone's being a badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom