• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

No, the mechs aren't CG. The only 3D CG that I noticed in the first episode was
the mech encased in crystal and the crystal explosion.

I always thought the mech are CG, they mix it with hand drawn still if the mech just standing like in that Muv-Luv anime, well its better then.

Btw the best chara not appearing till eps 4 or so.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I always thought the mech are CG, they mix it with hand drawn still if the mech just standing like in that Muv-Luv anime, well its better then.

Btw the best chara not appearing till eps 4 or so.

Perhaps some of the later episodes switch to using CG, but not the first.

Texhnolyze question: I just started watching the first episode and it's really dark. As in, half of the screen is pitch black in almost every shot(barring the fight). Is that normal?

Since the character is showering, I'm wondering if I got a censored version that's hiding the naughty bits.

Articalys

Today's light-novel-turned-manga-turned-anime doesn't have as long a name as usual -- Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (official English title "The 'HENTAI' prince and the stony cat"). The synopsis, as abridged from various sources:
The story centers around Yōto Yokodera, a second-year high school student full of carnal desires. Incredibly, though, no one acknowledges him as a pervert, somehow having his actions misinterpreted and being seen as a nice and diligent guy who's greatly appreciated. He learns about a cat statue that supposedly grants wishes, and goes to pray that he will be able to express his lustful thoughts whenever and wherever he wants.
LN volume 1 cover:
GCw1Y.jpg

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You all might at least have the decency to leave that image from Kokoro Connect as a link, since otherwise you ruin one of the key moments of the episode.

Today's light-novel-turned-manga-turned-anime doesn't have as long a name as usual -- Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (official English title "The 'HENTAI' prince and the stony cat"). The synopsis, as abridged from various sources:

LN volume 1 cover:

This one was surprisingly funny from the few chapters I read, but it does have one of the worst, most forced events of it's kind.

Thoraxes, can you shed any light on this:
Texhnolyze question: I just started watching the first episode and it's really dark. As in, half of the screen is pitch black in almost every shot(barring the fight). Is that normal?

Since the character is showering, I'm wondering if I got a censored version that's hiding the naughty bits.
?

So apparently I'm required by the NeoGAF ToS to post my impressions of Blood-C here as I marathon it.

Blood-C 1-2

This is a cruel, cruel series. Saya clearly has considerable learning difficulties and/or superior canal dehiscence syndrome, yet her father manipulates her into risking her life running around with a sword carving monsters up. Disgusting.

Unless things miraculously improve, we're looking at a strong contender for the most uninteresting supporting cast ever. I'm finding it difficult to imagine circumstances in which I could give a damn about them or anything that happens to them.

The town weirds me out. Not sure whether they were just being lazy in not adding any people to the traversing scenes, but it feels incredibly desolate/lonely. Hinamizawa seems more inviting than this place.

On the plus side, the action segments are engaging and suitably messy. I'm assuming they'll be the show's saving grace.

Do I need to have seen Blood+ before starting this? I think I watched a few episodes of it ages ago, but I can't remember anything that happened.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So apparently I'm required by the NeoGAF ToS to post my impressions of Blood-C here as I marathon it.

Blood-C 1-2

This is a cruel, cruel series. Saya clearly has considerable learning difficulties and/or superior canal dehiscence syndrome, yet her father manipulates her into risking her life running around with a sword carving monsters up. Disgusting.

Unless things miraculously improve, we're looking at a strong contender for the most uninteresting supporting cast ever. I'm finding it difficult to imagine circumstances in which I could give a damn about them or anything that happens to them.

The town weirds me out. Not sure whether they were just being lazy in not adding any people to the traversing scenes, but it feels incredibly desolate/lonely. Hinamizawa seems more inviting than this place.

On the plus side, the action segments are engaging and suitably messy. I'm assuming they'll be the show's saving grace.

Do I need to have seen Blood+ before starting this? I think I watched a few episodes of it ages ago, but I can't remember anything that happened.

i6w5ZfPoNEaeZ.gif

Aw, I like goofy characters.

PS. Kill off Klein.

Never, Klein X Kirito OTP

Thoraxes

Thoraxes, can you shed any light on this:?

From what i've watched on the DVD-version, it seems like it's basically censoring for the
shower scene,
but other than that everything else seems to be normal for me. So that's like only the first 5 mins or so. Additionally, the
sex scene towards the beginning where she pokes at his eye
is uncensored for me 1 2 3 (tech. NSFW).

If the rest of it; Texhnolyze itself is a show that makes use of more darker coloring and shading in general, due to the state of the world (pretty bleak, huh?). If you have specific time points/pictures you'd want me to compare just to be sure, I can do that.

Taruranto

Honestly, all you need to know about Texhnolyze is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKNv8QKLJeE

Is this the end of the ragiiiiiing roaaaaaaad

Also, Hoshi is moe, but that's it, really.

Blood-C 1-2

Don't worry, no one watched Blood-C for the amazing plot, characters or analyzing like that.

Just enjoy the ride without thinking too much, it's one of the best comedy of the century.

sO1eBl.jpg

Also, the final episode is amazing. And with amazing i mean amazingly bad.

Jintor

The opening events/set up for the premise are really stupid, but if you can get past that, it's surprisingly fun.

I really like things where weird characters are misinterpreted as being normal. It's a pretty specific thing to like, but there you go.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I really like things where weird characters are misinterpreted as being normal. It's a pretty specific thing to like, but there you go.

the problem is, that lasts less than one chapter. After that, he becomes the standard pervert character.

cajunator

Banned

Blood-C 1-2

Excellent.
Saya singing is so moe.
Also the show is eeeeeeeexcellent.

From what i've watched on the DVD-version, it seems like it's basically censoring for the
shower scene,
but other than that everything else seems to be normal for me. So that's like only the first 5 mins or so. Additionally, the
sex scene towards the beginning where she pokes at his eye
is uncensored for me 1 2 3 (tech. NSFW).

If the rest of it; Texhnolyze itself is a show that makes use of more darker coloring and shading in general, due to the state of the world (pretty bleak, huh?). If you have specific time points/pictures you'd want me to compare just to be sure, I can do that.
Naw, that's plenty, thanks. Kinda pissed this is censored, but I guess I'm stuck.

sonicmj1

Blood-C 1-2

Sounds like how I felt after two episodes.

Follow your instincts. They're more accurate than you'd believe.

It's just weird that in Kokoro, the guy has basically
built up a harem, but they have - at least up until now - avoided having him deal with the only other guy in the group in any serious/meaningful manner

I thought Taichi and Aoki did talk or have a deep conversation with each other in, um, ep 2?

Accel World - Episode 16

If they just kept the entire show in the game world, it would be a pretty solid shounen action show. Too bad they're obliged to adapt all the crappy real world stuff as well. Can't wait to see Silver Crow fuck shit up again next week. But judging from the preview, there are going to be dangerous real world scenes I need to skip in the next episode. Aaaaaaah. Lol.

I do like how the tone is getting a bit more serious, however I cant see him messing up anymore, all his bonds are already low except with Kuroyukihime, so he can only go up with Taku.

It's been months since GC ended but I'm still listening to the Everlasting Guilty Crown.

Everlasting Guilty Crown is really catchy and the superior OP of the two.

Guilty Crown 4

Prison drama time. This shit is so much better when the soundtrack kicks up and everyone's being a badass.

That had one of my favorite void powers, Kido Kenji ftw.

It's not that much in the grand scheme of things.; Don't worry!

And trust me, you haven't seen anything yet. Heh, heh, heh...
I may not like manbutt, but by God and country I demand my right to see some!

I paused it after five minutes because I needed to know what the deal with the blackness was, but that was enough to make it clear that this will not be a happy fun times show.
Sounds like how I felt after two episodes.

Follow your instincts. They're more accurate than you'd believe.
Shhh.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
GitS TV also isn't worth watching

I'll be honest I really don't get this. GITS TV was a fun watch. I tried re-watching the original movie and I hate it as much as ever. It's just too Oshii for me. I wanted everybody to shut the fuck up and to get back to the pretty scenes but nope, he just wouldn't let me enjoy. I don't think I'll ever get around to watching Innocence.

SAO4

It was pretty bad ass when he sat there while regen did it's work. He "helped" a beast tamer as she was bait for his more pressing job. He ain't exactly a saint but I like him nonetheless.

Texhnolyze 1

Not sure if boners or disturbing... Wait what is she doi- fuck, Thoraxes said something about eyes didn't h- OH GOD WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

wut...wut...aw shit. OW FUCK

What the christ am I watching and why am I excited to watch more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom