• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Guilty Crown did have some good music if I remember right. So I guess something of merit came out of it.

29Ss0.jpg

I want to share my meal with her

I gotta check out Haganai so I can make a pointless ranking.
I feel left out

It's not pointless if Meat is your fav character.

cajunator

Banned
Is it Shirou levels of stupid? I really want to see how bad it gets
Call it curiosity or whatever but when people tell me something is awful I want to see how awful it really is.

Ultimadrago

Space Brother 18

"Michael Jackson."

"Bruce Lee."

This is still a nice watch as usual, pretty consistent for the most part. The art had a few odd facial stills, but besides that the animation is par with the average Space Brothers episode. As often with this arc of the series, other people besides solely Mutta are brought in the limelight to have their concerns focused on. I'm hoping that things get down to the wire soon though! The exam environment is starting to work on me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is it Shirou levels of stupid? I really want to see how bad it gets
Call it curiosity or whatever but when people tell me something is awful I want to see how awful it really is.

FSN? Then yes. Shirou is pretty much stupid. He's also stupidly OP.

Articalys

Kokoro Connect 4

...man, I bet a lot of guys wish they could hear that whispered to them in Miyuki Sawashiro's voice.

There really are a lot of great characters in this show, which is probably why it's tied with Tari Tari for my favorite series of the new season.

Jex

Thats because you guys were right.
I was responding to a post about Haganai but I talked about Guilty Crown. I got my wires crossed. Your Earth atmosphere is damaging my neurocore.
Sometimes even cajunator doesn't know what cajunator is talking about.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Sword Art Online 4

Silica was really cute and I hope she shows up again. Love how the episode showed how OP you can be in a game.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Break Blade 1

In my search for more recent mecha action, I came across this OVA series from 2011. As far as the mecha goes, it doesn't disappoint.

The animation is very good, all hand drawn, except for a few scenes with some crystals. Unfortunately, the great action is marred by the terrible characters. They are as genericly shounen as you can get,
the main character Rygart, for example, thinks he can stop the general of the attacking commando squad by having a heart to heart talk. There's the generic "I want to kill everyone because I'm crazy, but I go all dere dere for my commanding officer" girl, the generic clumsy girl who can't pilot a mech well at all but is still on the special task force for some reason (oh, and she's 12 years old), the bad guy general (DTL as hell, and of course he and Rygart went to the same highschool along with the King and Queen of the country he's attacking), a few bombastic generals, etc.

So, to make it simple:

+ production values

- the characters and plot

Fortunately, the ratio of bad characters doing silly things to mechs beating the shit out of each other was definitely skewed to the mechs, so I think I'll continue watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom