• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Just wait till the inevitable crossover.

xAtiW.jpg

Too late

Branduil

Hyouka - Episode 21

Wow. There are no words. That was so good. I can admit when I've been owned, so I'll go ahead and say that Hyouka ended up being completely the opposite of what I expected. While the early parts of the series were unevenly paced and boring, it was also a reflection of how we're less likely to accept or appreciate just wasting time with people when we don't really know them or don't care for them. But given the time to slowly watch a small group of characters develop and grow over a series really pays off in the end when the direction of the story winds down into more personal reflections and events.

I can't wait to see how the main relationship in the series concludes next week. I never thought I would say that! >_<

Mayaka is still Best Girl, Erutards can suck it!!!

I never stopped believing in you, Hyouka.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I won't bore everyone with my opinions of price again. I'll just say £100 is too much. £49.99 would have probably been pushing it.

Joe Molotov

The amount of people who haven't seen G Gundam in here is depressing. What are you guys doing with your lives? Whatever it is I can assure you its not more important than watching G Gundam.

I watched G Gundam and Zeta Gundam last summer for the first time. Best summer ever.

I won't bore everyone with my opinions of price again. I'll just say £100 is too much. £49.99 would have probably been pushing it.

Someone mentioned Suncoast a few pages back. I just want to say I paid $170 for my special edition boxset of Tenchi Muyo OVA back in the day, Adjust that for inflation and you have a steal at these prices for a 16 episode boxset.

...if you're crazy! You can get 52 episode boxsets for half this price... they must be smoking crack!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Someone mentioned Suncoast a few pages back. I just want to say I paid $170 for my special edition boxset of Tenchi Muyo OVA back in the day, Adjust that for inflation and you have a steal at these prices for a 16 episode boxset.

...if you're crazy! You can get 52 episode boxsets for half this price... they must be smoking crack!

Well, some of these are the same people who bought F/Z at more than double this price, so I can't really trust them. >.>

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aniplex USA put up a trailer for the Bakemonogatari BD (yet the trailer's only in 360p, whatever) and the main site is now live:

http://www.aniplexusa.com/bakemonogatari/

Looks like they also going to start streaming it weekly on Crunchyroll and Hulu, starting this Friday. Regional restrictions will probably be in place.

They also romanized her name as "Senjyogahara", if you care about that sort of thing.
These do not seem like very good subs.

cajunator

Banned

Suncoast was life. I paid those prices, AND I LIKED IT.

Is it really worth watching? I wonder what they will include with SAO and if it will be in half sets.

Bakemonogatari is probably not something you would personally enjoy much to be honest.
I think SAO would probably be sold in two sets to milk it as much as possible. It seems rather popular.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Watch G. Do it. Do it.

You too Cajun. The both of you must know of Schwarz Moe.

I'll add to my list.

Fuck, ever since that Imouto / Dr. Seuss font comparison I can't stop thinking of verses.

"I took in a whiff of my sis's laundry
Which for me created an unexpected quandary
For the little sister I dote on so fondly
Now wore panties that smell oddly"

cajunator

Banned
Well, some of these are the same people who bought F/Z at more than double this price, so I can't really trust them. >.>

You...y-you don't trust me? ;_;
*hides in a corner

I'll add to my list.

Fuck, ever since that Imouto / Dr. Seuss font comparison I can't stop thinking of verses.

"I took in a whiff of my sis's laundry
Which for me created an unexpected quandary
For the little sister I dote on so fondly
Now wore panties that smell oddly"

You're batting a thousand with these!

Ezalc

Truth right here. Only piss drinkers and sonic fanfic writers enjoy G Gundam.

I feel like only people with a stick up their ass dislike it. Sure it's not like the other Gundam shows, but that was the point. It's supposed to be dumb fun and I feel like everybody who hates it went in expecting some super serious political drama or something.

Jex

Yeah that was a great speech. I already knew most of that but the guy was fun to listen to.

Ah, your knowledge must far surpass mine then. I didn't know that Osamu Tezuka lied about how much anime cost in an attempt to destroy the competition, or that he got Astro Boy on American TV 8 months after it aired in America, or that American companies demanded that animals shouldn't be naked in his shows, or that Stanley Kubrick offered Tezuka a job.

Ryuukan

I feel like only people with a stick up their ass dislike it. Sure it's not like the other Gundam shows, but that was the point. It's supposed to be dumb fun and I feel like everybody who hates it went in expecting some super serious political drama or something.

I wasn't expecting a boring super robot show about head squeezing with remarkably unlikeable characters, but that's what I got.

Joe Molotov

Haha, I remember buying Tenchi Muyo: The Movie on VHS for $30 at Suncoast. Them and Camelot where my go-to places for shitty overpriced anime. You ain't gonna find a copy of Urotsukidoji at Wal-Mart, my friend.

Jex

Jonathan Clements is a regular guest on the Manga UK podcast, coincidently, which is regularly worth a listen just for the sporadic nuggets of industry and licensing workings they drop.

For whatever reason I've never listened to their podcast. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

cajunator

Banned
Ah, your knowledge must far surpass mine then. I didn't know that Osamu Tezuka lied about how much anime cost in an attempt to destroy the competition, or that he got Astro Boy on American TV 8 months after it aired in America, or that American companies demanded that animals shouldn't be naked in his shows, or that Stanley Kubrick offered Tezuka a job.

A few of those things are in some books my roommate has about the history of anime.
One of the few sorts of books I will actually read.

cajunator

Banned
Haha, I remember buying Tenchi Muyo: The Movie on VHS for $30 at Suncoast. Them and Camelot where my go-to places for shitty overpriced anime. You ain't gonna find a copy of Urotsukidoji at Wal-Mart, my friend.

But you CAN currently find it at an F.Y.E. in Lafayette, La.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The more I think of sis, the more I despair,
At how my feelings just aren't fair
The stories that TV anime air
Are far more than I would dare.

/XX/

You should really watch it. It's fun. MAL exploded too and it was hilarious. Do you have a link to the 4chan thread. I could go for a good SAO fanbase explosion right now.
http://boards.4chan.org/a/res/71327143 said:
Not only a thread, it was EVERY thread like this.

Be advised; the following links could lead to explicit content and possibly spoilers without previous indication (its 4Chan, after all)... careful, please!

/a/ - Animu & Mango » Thread #71297553
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/71297553/

It commenced with the usual first stream, images and then... well, the thing escalated:

/a/ - Animu & Mango » Thread #71327023
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/71327023/

/a/ - Animu & Mango
http://archive.foolz.us/a/search/text/GLOP/start/2012-09-08/end/2012-09-09/order/desc/page/10/

Quite a showing that was!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not only a thread, it was EVERY thread like this.

Be advised; the following links could lead to explicit content and possibly spoilers without previous indication (its 4Chan, after all)... careful, please!

/a/ - Animu & Mango » Thread #71297553
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/71297553/

It commenced with the usual first stream, images and then... well, the thing escalated:

/a/ - Animu & Mango
http://archive.foolz.us/a/search/text/GLOP/start/2012-09-08/end/2012-09-09/order/desc/page/10/

Quite a showing that was!

Oh damn. lol.

Narag

Alright, I'm not going to do this. That stick is wedged pretty far up there.

I adored it but I can see where he's coming from. Sai Saici and the Russians were unlike able at the start and in general Domon vs the world was justified since everyone was a dick. I appreciated the cast better in the second half which also coincided with a softening to Domon's character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom