• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Gosh Sentai is getting so much of my money
Phi Brain
Medaka Box
Tsuritama
Hiiro no Kakera
Horizon II
Hakuoki Reimeiroku
Campione
Arcana Famiglia
Kokoro Connect
Koi to Senkyo To Chocolate

Ive been hoping that would be licensed for so long.

The 2 in bold are day one purchases for me. I sort of wished that NIS had got Tsuritama. I think it would of made a perfect premium edition.

Now someone has to license Kuroko no Basket. The anime and manga are selling great in Japan.

Exactly the problem I had until recently. I bought a nice curio cabinet to display them all and I love how it worked out, althougH I may actually need another one soon.
Particularly when Ultimate Madoka, Kyoko, and Princess of the Crystal figures are released because those will take up a LOT of space by themselves.

Yeah, I've thought about getting a Detolf from Ikea. Space will still be an issue but it would certainly help.

cajunator

Banned
It's from last season, but check out Accel World. It's by the same author and may or may not take place in the same world. Similar concept too, but it's an online fighting game that doesn't kill you instead of an MMORPG that does.

Accel World has Kayos' waifu in it. Its good stuff. I do like SAO's greater sense of danger due to people actually dying if they are killed in the game.

Does that mean all but the sports anime (Kuroko Basketball Ginga e Kickoff and Area no Kishi) and Hyouka/Tanken Driland, airing this season, are licensed (for possible home video release)?

Well the sports anime expect Ginga e Kickoff are licensed for streaming by Crunchyroll but there are other shows that aren't licensed by Sentai someone but streams on Crunchyroll.

With some short cross referencing, these haven't been licensed for a release yet that are still airing:

Chitose Get You!!
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi
Yurumates 3D Plus
Yuruyuri♪♪
Moyashimon Returns
Joshiraku
Tanken Driland
Dog Days'
Sword Art Online (Aniplex probably has this)
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Sengoku Collection
Kuroko no Basuke
Hyouka

Well the sports anime expect Ginga e Kickoff are licensed for streaming by Crunchyroll but there are other shows that aren't licensed by Sentai someone but streams on Crunchyroll.

With some short cross referencing, these haven't been licensed for a release yet that are still airing:

Chitose Get You!!
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi
Yurumates 3D Plus
Yuruyuri♪♪
Moyashimon Returns
Joshiraku
Tanken Driland
Dog Days'
Sword Art Online (Aniplex probably has this)
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Sengoku Collection
Kuroko no Basuke
Hyouka
:( I need a Muv-Luv dub in my life.

The 2 in bold are day one purchases for me. I sort of wished that NIS had got Tsuritama. I think it would of made a perfect premium edition.

Now someone has to license Kuroko no Basket. The anime and manga are selling great in Japan.

Id want a dub of Tsuritama though.

NISA takes forever to release stuff too, still waiting for Daily Lives of High school Boys and Brave 10 :(

Yeah I considered it, but we don't have Ikea here and it is expensive to ship such a large furniture item. Not worth it.

Don't blame you at all. Even though I have one where I live getting one of those home is going to be a real trick.

Hadn't seen that Ultimate Madoka before, btw. Very cute...kind of want now.

NISA takes forever to release stuff too, still waiting for Daily Lives of High school Boys and Brave 10 :(

I would imagine they are bound by some anti-import rule or something considering it hasn't been a year since they aired and they haven't even finish releasing them on BluRay yet in Japan.

Not like NISA can release a dub only BluRay set or something like that to speed up the release.

cajunator

Banned
Don't blame you at all. Even though I have one where I live getting one of those home is going to be a real trick.

Hadn't seen that Ultimate Madoka before, btw. Very cute...kind of want now.

She's lovely and I'm really excited to get her, but seriously, look at how much space it takes up. Its going to be a challenge making room for this.

DiGiKerot

Thats not that bad, but for babby's first drawing tablet I'm looking for something cheap and easier to use. If I get used to it, then I will consider a pricey one.

Wacoms cheaper Bamboo series is perfectly fine for mere mortals. Prices on those depend on the size you want, though - I'm sporting a CTH670 (medium size, I think?), which I find a pretty reasonable size. I'm not going to pretend to be a particularly good artist, though ^^;

cajunator

Banned
Wacoms cheaper Bamboo series is perfectly fine for mere mortals. Prices on those depend on the size you want, though - I'm sporting a CTH670 (medium size, I think?), which I find a pretty reasonable size. I'm not going to pretend to be a particularly good artist, though ^^;

I've looked at Bamboo's before. they seem to be a good introduction to drawing tablets. I will strongly consider that.

cajunator

Banned
Damn...think I'll need a new room for that.

Yes I know.
Shes going to be AMAZING.
This is the other one I was referring to:
yWXbW.jpg
I have to find room for all this. Its a fun problem to have but its still a problem.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 6
DZwQ7.jpg

goldenboybikescene.gif
Boring. To much talking about some stupid old bike, not enough lesbians. Then there was a part about terrorists and hostages, but I wasn't really paying attention. Next episode should make up for this lame one.
wyuGr.jpg

Nope, nothing wrong with that.

Persona 4 25 Director's Cut

Rewatching this didn't really change my feelings for this episode. Story parts were ok, lots of talking that was kinda dragging, the fighting was some good, some were boring light shows.

Oh, I guess that montage right before the credits was new. That wasn't bad. Nice seeing all the events that the original game skipped.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I've looked at Bamboo's before. they seem to be a good introduction to drawing tablets. I will strongly consider that.

That's what I did as well before eventually upgrading. :).

My usual process starts with a pencil drawing:

Followed by scanning and inking it in openCanvas:

Then I lay flat colors on seperate layers:

And the finally finish it (not finished yet)

To help u get started. :D

I just do everything in Photoshop. Maybe I should see what openCanvas is all about.

cajunator

Banned

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH
I LOVE YOUR ART <3 <3 <3

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Extollere, what kind of tools do you use? Obviously some sort of drawing tablet.
I'd seriouslyl ike to get into this sort of art, but I have no idea where to start.
I'm still drawing the old fashioned way. I'm such a dinosaur.

Okay so first you have to beat-off a lot. Think of all the anime girls that you want dakimakura of. Then, imagine them in lewd positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom