• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Sailor Gundam?

CnODpl.png

Think I read it was a gag since Sailor Moon was currently airing too.

Time of Eve/Eve no Jikan Movie

I just rewatched this today. Just as good the second time around (technically third, since I watched the original web series first). I continue to be impressed at the way the various narrative threads weave around each other and come together in various points, making it feel cohesive despite the episodic character focus, and its sense of timing is impeccable.

I like how the camera panned with the characters movement.

Yasuhiro Yoshiura has a great sense of how to use camera movements as a way of portraying the emotional state of characters and their feelings towards each other. Time of Eve takes full advantage of its well-realized CG sets.

The highlight of the movie was definitely the abandoned robot scene.

The way that scene transitions from humor to poignancy is superb.

Character art was very inconsistent

I think the character art of Time of Eve is pretty solid throughout and the designs are appropriate and pleasant, even if they aren't the main draw. Earlier works from Studio Rikka such as Aquatic Language look much rougher in this regard.

I would encourage you to now watch Yoshiura's earlier short film Pale Cocoon, which is less accessible but fascinating in its own way, and keep an eye out for his upcoming film Sakasama no Patema.

Articalys

Still, I really expected this box set to be 400 bucks... so with their trick psychology regarding the Fate/Zero boxes, I actually think 150 is a bargain. Go figure.
Fate/Zero was the way it is since it was a simultaneous import release; there was no way they were getting away with anything more than a minor discount.
I was certain this wouldn't go over $200 at the absolute worst, but was really hoping for no more than $100. I guess they can command the premium since the NA release date is barely less than a year after the box's Japanese release (Dec. 21, 2011).

Go_Ly_Dow

So going by MAL (which reflects the opinion of the majority if Angel Beats is anything to go by)

Only 11.24% of SAO watchers are potential Asuna haters. (adding ratings 1-3 together)

Also, the people who gave it a 3/5 rating are not necessarily Asuna haters either. They most likely rated it lower due to the lack of certain on-screen actions.

Code:
View Poll Results: Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion
[/B]
5 out of 5: Loved it!	553	77.67%

4 out of 5: Liked it	79	11.10%

3 out of 5: It was OK	36	5.06%

2 out of 5: Disliked it	16	2.25%

1 out of 5: Hated it	28	3.93%

So overall, only 6.18% of views are likely to dislike Asuna, meaning overall she is the most loved and cherished girl by a very wide margin.

Hate all you want, but you just can not refute such solid data.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was certain it wouldn't go over $200 at the absolute worst, but was really hoping for no more than $100. I guess they can command the premium since it's still been less than a year since the box's Japanese release.
They know that the people who are going to buy it will buy it at any price I suppose. I mean, Madoka was 225 if you bought the "super premium" edition after all.

I just wonder if the original release had any extras that they're not bothering to include in the set. They know that the commentaries are the big seller though.

I disliked the OVA too. :(

Except visually, of course.
Well, at least the OVA wasn't 8 episodes of dumb!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So going by MAL (which reflects the opinion of the majority if Angel Beats is anything to go by)

Only 11.24% of SAO watchers are potential Asuna haters. (adding ratings 1-3 together)

Also, the people who gave it a 3/5 rating are not necessarily Asuna haters either. They most likely rated it lower due to the lack of certain on-screen actions.

Code:
View Poll Results: Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion
[/B]
5 out of 5: Loved it!	553	77.67%

4 out of 5: Liked it	79	11.10%

3 out of 5: It was OK	36	5.06%

2 out of 5: Disliked it	16	2.25%

1 out of 5: Hated it	28	3.93%

So overall, only 6.18% of views are likely to dislike Asuna, meaning overall she is the most loved and cherished girl by a very wide margin.

Hate all you want, but you just can not refute such solid data.

Asuna is on the same level of Angel Beats confirmed.

Hate vindicated forever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't get enough sex from my animu/manga, that's all. I didn't care if it was Asuna, Lizbeth, Scilia, or Klein.

Articalys

They know that the people who are going to buy it will buy it at any price I suppose. I mean, Madoka was 225 if you bought the "super premium" edition after all.

I just wonder if the original release had any extras that they're not bothering to include in the set. They know that the commentaries are the big seller though.
Yeah, Aniplex USA is using the standard Japanese anime BD market rules. Sucks for those of us without tons of money to pour into the hobby, but them's the breaks.

Looks like the disc contents are the exact same as the original box release. Character commentary, clean OP/ED, BD/TV episode previews, trailers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What are you considering "extras"? I think all NIS releases come with a hardcover art/info book.
Commentaries, radio interviews, drama recordings, background material, etc. Stuff that's on the disc.

So for me, a real premium package would be the Aria box sets, which include loads of cast and crew interviews along with SatoJun's location scouting trips to Venice.

I understand that not every show in Japan has all these extras, but when I know they exist, it's disappointing when they don't appear in the R1 releases.

I'm sure American fans like having Vic and the regular bunch of American voice actors do commentaries on Funimation releases, but - no offense to those people - that's like the last thing I'm interested in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, Aniplex USA is using the standard Japanese anime BD market rules. Sucks for those of us without tons of money to pour into the hobby, but them's the breaks.

Looks like the disc contents are the exact same as the original box release. Character commentary, clean OP/ED, BD/TV episode previews, trailers.

Yeah, it's rather unfortunate... but I think Bakemono is a must own series that I will probably watch ten years from now. The fact that I've been waiting so long for the commentaries for so long is probably what makes the cost actually seem reasonable.

cajunator

Banned
You should just get Xenoblade Chronicles.

Think of it as, Sword Art Offline.

Xenoblade is a very fun rpg.

I said the same thing about Infinite Stratos. And Black Rock Shooter.

Sometimes it's easier to just fold.

This is my typical approach to most anime.
I even bought Infinite Stratos eventually.

What are you considering "extras"? I think all NIS releases come with a hardcover art/info book.

Yes. They all do.

Kingdom 15
tumblr_ma5oxobNiC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well that was a good episode. I liked the back story for Sei's great grandfather and Wang Yi
never would have imagined he actually join Sei's side, seemed like he would have been an antagonist, but nice

Everything with Chang Jiao was good though, as a fan of his character, I didnt like what happened
all beat up and stuff by those punches and when he brought his arm down on the sword, ouch!

Xin is still awesome and that house/land.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Youre not excited for tomorrows Duello!? So hyped for it, Liberta's gonna destroy everyone I hope.

I was hyped for it eleven episodes ago when it proceeded not to happen in favor of the three-month bishounen parade I've endured. An entire tournament arc squeezed into a single episode is just the cherry on top of the disappointment sundae at this point.

I honestly think I'd rather have a troll end where the story ends inconclusively right as the Duello is about to begin. It would at least have a small claim to infamy in my mind that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom