• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

QwaRH.gif

I swear to god that butt bumping gif is going to give me nightmares.

Every time I open this thread at work I have to be super duper careful now. XD

I take it that you didn't enjoy it :) I think the show was amazingly successful with what it wanted to do with it's visuals as far as conveying pain and issolation. It also succeeded in showing darkness. It's not without its porblems but I guess people thought it was trying too hard... I criticism that's always bothered me.

The other Aniplex BD releases - even Madoka Magica where there were European sub-licences already made - played on European Zone B players, as far as I'm aware at least.
that's good to hear
That's what you get for not securing a multi-region BD player!
i have a ps3 .. and only that ...for now ..i wish i could get one but i haven't nearly yet enough blu ray that i can't read to make that kind of purchase.

So basically this meme turned into an anime.
iy7IoqlVhZcXR.jpg
no way an anime about this would sell or be entertaining.

:p

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hyouka 21

Thank god theres only 1 episode left in this show.

May there not be a single second of either Mayaka or that piece of shit Fukube in the last episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a insult to Yu Kobayashi when compared to Chiaki Omigawa. Chiaki Omigawa is the steven segal of voice acting.

I can't believe I missed this. I must have been caught off guard by the AWESOME Kobayashi performance this week in UtaKoi.

You sir, are a gentleman of utmost character and education and with regards to this issue, are correct. You might as well tell us that the sky is blue or that the Earth revolves around the Sun, because this is a point of fact that is not up for debate by any but the most unlearned extremists who insist that "Climate Change" is a government conspiracy.

Ahem. lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So the Sword Art Online Progressive Vol 1 cover got revealed as well as concrete info. From FB.

316735_416859088372789_1618821806_n.jpg

Description: The story of Progressive 1 is during Kirito's time in Floor 1 and 2. Based on the latest summary, Volume 1 will consist of 3 stories which already include "Aria in the Starless Night" and "Rondo of the Transient Sword".

In the timeline, there's one story that is between Aria and Rondo, which is "Continuation. Aria". I believe this story or the rewrite version of the story will be the second story preceding Rondo.

There's also more story regarding Argo the Rat and the second floor boss raid.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... uh what's SAOP?

is it SAO but in order, Haruhi dvd style?

If you read the LN it has a metric fuckton of contradictions, inconsistencies, etc. The author is essentially trying to iron out the problems, canonize certain stuff, as well as tell stories in between certain existing SS. Right now there are huge floor jumps and the author wants to amend that by adding in a story for a lot of the floors essentially.

If you read the LN it has a metric fuckton of contradictions, inconsistencies, etc. The author is essentially trying to iron out the problems, canonize certain stuff, as well as tell stories in between certain existing SS. Right now there are huge floor jumps and the author wants to amend that by adding in a story for a lot of the floors essentially.

So SAO: Special Edition: director's cut.

btw: how much are your average LN?

Considering the material volume 1 covers, that's a whole lot of floor jumps he's trying to fill.

wonzo

Banned
Given that I skip all OPs, I still only know them from the HanaIro OP/insert songs.

(Which is the best part of that show anyway!)
omigawa says hell no!

Well that is pretty much the only thing i've heard from them that doesn't make me want to rip my ears off :D
Dammit, people are gonna start hating on Roundtable at this rate.

nano.RIPE did their OP? Looks likes its time to start up that show.
And Masumi Itō & Yoko Ueno (Azumanga Daioh ED, Haibane Renmei ED) did the ED!

It was completely necessary.

Akarin can't have an
actual
entire episode devoted to her!

i'm not a fan of bullying , even as a running gag .. she deserved better .
i think the episode was pretty clever and used previous events really well BUT the last 10 secs made everything useless .

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
i'm not a fan of bullying , even as a running gag .. she deserved better .
i think the episode was pretty clever and used previous events really well BUT the last 10 secs made everything useless .

Honestly I thought it was cute. It goes perfectly with the nature of the show - a series that is all about girls just being girls and having some fun yet driving home the point that there is affection between all of them. For a "last" episode you really can't ask for much more. Had this actually been the last episode I would have been absolutely happy but thankfully its not!

Just think of it as
Kyouko showing how much everybody loves Akarin by writing in that tearjerker scene

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 21
Really just a stunning episode. Simple in its set up and construction, precise in its execution, well paced, and packing complex emotion. It was easy to see where things had gone with the mystery but I found myself transfixed to uncover everything. This was heart wrenching in ways I really wasn't expecting. I am greatly anticipating seeing how this show wraps things up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Anyway its been a while since I watched this show. Dunno why I stalled out because its still a ton of fun unlike some other shows I've been watching lately.

Smile Precure 11

daG43l.jpg

As a person who really, really hates bugs even I found this episode to be really cute. I mean Yayoi is already so adorable, but in
chibi form
the cute ratchets up to like a 12 on the 1-10 scale. The ending to the episode is totally unintentionally sinister. There is a scene where
Majorina starts stamping her feet to essentially create an earthquake for the girls
that is shortly followed up by Candy jumping up and down in the same exact spot Majorina was doing it (see above). Did she wipe out an entire pillbug family? Nobody will ever know.

Lots of funny moments in this episode. Akane x Nao is obviously canon because they share the same phobias, including the fear of heights, the scene where they are clinging to each other as they are falling from the sky was fantastic (and Yayoi even falls with moe). Majorina being a total idiot was superb as well, I wonder if the baddies will ever actually be legit baddies.

Anyway its been a while since I watched this show. Dunno why I stalled out because its still a ton of fun unlike some other shows I've been watching lately.

Smile Precure 11

daG43l.jpg

As a person who really, really hates bugs even I found this episode to be really cute. I mean Yayoi is already so adorable, but in
chibi form
the cute ratchets up to like a 12 on the 1-10 scale. The ending to the episode is totally unintentionally sinister. There is a scene where
Majorina starts stamping her feet to essentially create an earthquake for the girls
that is shortly followed up by Candy jumping up and down in the same exact spot Majorina was doing it (see above). Did she wipe out an entire pillbug family? Nobody will ever know.

Lots of funny moments in this episode. Akane x Nao is obviously canon because they share the same phobias, including the fear of heights, the scene where they are clinging to each other as they are falling from the sky was fantastic (and Yayoi even falls with moe). Majorina being a total idiot was superb as well, I wonder if the baddies will ever actually be legit baddies.

eventually. Kinda. Sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom