• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
latest autumn 2012 anime chart's out:

iD69Mom5mxb9w.jpg

MAPPA :(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Anyway its been a while since I watched this show. Dunno why I stalled out because its still a ton of fun unlike some other shows I've been watching lately.

Smile Precure 11

daG43l.jpg

As a person who really, really hates bugs even I found this episode to be really cute. I mean Yayoi is already so adorable, but in
chibi form
the cute ratchets up to like a 12 on the 1-10 scale. The ending to the episode is totally unintentionally sinister. There is a scene where
Majorina starts stamping her feet to essentially create an earthquake for the girls
that is shortly followed up by Candy jumping up and down in the same exact spot Majorina was doing it (see above). Did she wipe out an entire pillbug family? Nobody will ever know.

Lots of funny moments in this episode. Akane x Nao is obviously canon because they share the same phobias, including the fear of heights, the scene where they are clinging to each other as they are falling from the sky was fantastic (and Yayoi even falls with moe). Majorina being a total idiot was superb as well, I wonder if the baddies will ever actually be legit baddies.

They will, even if only briefly, and it's incredibly awesome when it happens.

Branduil

Sex and sexuality no longer being taboo is a somewhat lazy way of showing that society and the times have truly changed. Whether there's more to it than that or not, I dunno.

I guess we'll find out just how much From the New World has in common with Mardock Scramble.

I'm more interested in the mole men angle myself.

7Th

HYPE
From The New World
Kyousogiga ONA series

Interested
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!
Psycho Pass

Kinda interested
Magi
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Not really interested, watching anyway
Robotic Notes
Zetsuen no Tempest
K
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Hayate
Jojo

Kid anime
Gyrozetter
Aikatsu!

Not watching
Everything else

How do you even find this stuff?

2ch's SSY thread.

I know for sure I'm watching Chuunibyou and To Love-ru Darkness, and I'll probably watch the follow up of Medaka. The show about cute robots could be interesting, and I'm contractually obligated to check out the console wars parody.

SAO will be on next season right (24+ episoder right (...I wont have to kill myself right?)?)?

That said... EFF YEAH! Initial D is coming! Git me sum mo of dat Super Euro Beats!
Who am I kidding... it's gonna be Dubstep

Also, can we pass an international law prohibiting the Japanese from using semicolons in their titles? Seriously!

Edit: Shin Sekai Yori
Dis gonna be dark, ain't it?
:(

So this is everything, right?

Super hyped for and watching to end no matter what

Hayate
Gintama
Btooom!
JJBA
Magi
Medaka Box Abnormal

Hyped and watching to end

To love Ru Darkness
Zetsuen Tempest

Interested in

Hikari Club
K
Robotics;Note

Curious about

Psycho Pass
Crazy Girl thing
Ixion Saga
Gyrozetter

Hate watch obligation

Code:Breaker

Branduil

SAO is pretty much the ultimate comfort food anime of the season. It's not surprising that most people are enjoying it, even if no one thinks the writing is really exceptional or even particularly good. It's predictable, it's filled with stock characters, self-insert pandering, etc, but it's well produced, the scenario is interesting, and it's pretty feel good in a really base and lowest common denominator sense. That's really all entertainment needs to be sometimes. Not everything has to be art.

So you're saying that Sword Art Online is full of sodium, sugar, and fat, and is slowly killing us all?

I've already listed what shows I'm interested in checking out, but this time I'll list my expectations for said shows.

Expect to be good:
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
From the New World
Gintama
Hidamari Sketch X Honeycomb
Magi
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Expect to be bad:
Ixion Saga
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
K
Zetsuen no Tempest

Not sure:
Gyrozetter
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Psycho-Pass
Robotics;Notes
Sukitte Ii na Yo

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure 12

EkrXgl.jpg

What the heck is Candy’s problem? The show established from the very beginning that Candy should know her role and shut her mouth unless she is only with the girls.
She almost gets all the girls in some serious major trouble (like unreal kind of trouble) by constantly opening her mouth and yelling in the classroom for some illogical reason
- she should quit her pouting and do her job. Such an awful, awful mascot character. Wish she got replaced by her awesome bro.

Love how she got told by Wolfrun, she really is an idiot, completely useless and a burden to everyone else. But then, of course, there was the battle scene. Rather than being cool and rational and assess the situation the girls decided to just keep wasting their firepower. Wolfrun running his fat mouth and telling all the good guys why they were failing, way to go pal. At least Reika was damn boss in this episode.

And people said Summer was bad.

Hyped

From the New World - Adventure, sex, and mole men. Fuck yeah.
Psycho Pass - Urobutchery.

Interested in

Chuunibyou - I have to take the plunge into a non-Nichijou KyoAni show sooner or later.
Magi - Moe.

So this is everything, right?
Hate watch obligation

That Low?
-------------
Guess the last time we did was aug 25...

Hyped
Zetsuen no Tempest
K
Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter
Bakuman 3
Hiiro No Kakera 2
Little Busters!

Excited for
Ixion Saga Dt
Psycho Pass
Magi

Watchable Fun
Jormungand: Perfect Order
Medaka Box: Abnormal
Robotics;Notes -
Btooom!
Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de

Movie
Resident Evil: Damnation

And then just two to watch that are out of my comfort zone, just for the sake of appreciating anime
Shin Sekai Yori (FTNW)
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know Jormungand wasn't the greatest during it's first season, but I have really good vibes about what's coming.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I feel like I just did this, but whatevs:

Legit interested:

Kyousougiga
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Shin Sekai Yori
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Looks okay:

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de
Haitai Nanafa
K
Kamisama Kiss
Litchi DE Hikari Club
Robotics;Notes
Zetsuen no Tempest

Skeptical but trying because studio/staff:

Chuunibyou blah blah
Gyrozetter
Ixion Saga DT

Sufferwatch:

Aikatsu!

Waiting to marathon:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Despair:

Hyouge Mono

So you're saying that Sword Art Online is full of sodium, sugar, and fat, and is slowly killing us all?

Pfft... you're thinking about Accel World which is made with genetically-modified wheat and perservatives. SAO is made with real whole ingreadients like your mother and grandmother used to eat. It's real food for real and good people. When people watch SAO, the cancer rates go down; autism goes down; the Diabetus goes down; people balance their budgets; marriages are healed; the world is at peace; etc..

Generally, It's the best thing to ever happen
this season

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Also, for those of you who have participated in the Sengoku Collection Challenge with me, Fall 2012 will be the beginning of the Aikatsu! Challenge, which appears to have much higher odds of indeed being an actual challenge to watch. Are you a bad enough dude to chart unexplored territory by watching the first-ever female-targeted show in the card battle genre?

Pfft... you're thinking about Accel World which is made with genetically-modified wheat and perservatives. SAO is made with real whole ingreadients like your mother and grandmother used to eat. It's real food for real and good people. When people watch SAO, the cancer rates go down; autism goes down; the Diabetus goes down; people balance their budgets; marriages are healed; the world is at peace; etc..

this season

You know what else is all-natural?

Steaming-hot pi
zza

Mandoric

Banned
Also, for those of you who have participated in the Sengoku Collection Challenge with me, Fall 2012 will be the beginning of the Aikatsu! Challenge, which appears to have much higher odds of indeed being an actual challenge to watch. Are you a bad enough dude to chart unexplored territory by watching the first-ever female-targeted show in the card battle genre?

... Um. Chihayaful?

this season
But even the fans are at war.

cajunator

Banned

this season

SAO is a lot of fun to watch, but Jinrui is a better show.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Judging solely by a chart and a tiny picture with a few exceptions. So pretty meangingless.

Psycho Pass - This show looks fantastic. Thus it will probably let me down.

Magi - Don't know much about that show other than that shota is totally adorable and that they are a lot of rice bowls. Still everybody else is hyped for this so I'll jump aboard.

Hidamari Sketch - FUCK YEAH. More HidaSketch. Yuno what it is.

Little Busters - It's JC Staff so I have tempered expectations but I'm still really looking forward to this one.

Teekyu - Cute girls (not) playing tennis. Heck yeah!

Sukitte Ii na yo - Really interesting. Reminds me of Kaichou Maid, seems like its got some potential.

Kamisama Kiss - Haven't enjoyed TMS shows but this one looks really interesting. Hopefully its way more Natsume Yuujinchou than Inuyasha.

Codebreaker - Don't think this show is going to save_us and it's not going to be the best at what it does - the last Geass looking knockoff was pretty damn miserable

Haitai Nanafa - Wow this one sounds fascinating. It's like Cardcaptor Sakura blended with Ga-Rei Zero. Two shows I absolutely love to death. Somehow it won't be anything like that and probably won't be interesting but alas.

Tonari no Kaibatsu Kun - literally know nothing about this show, just that its been quite a while since Brains Base gave me something I wanted to check out.

Aikatsu - Because I love idols and I love card games.

Gyrozetter - Because I love robots and I love card games.

Hayate - Because I love Hinagiku.

That KyoAni Show - Because its KyoAni.

Jojo - The OVA was awesome. I know nothing about the manga but the former is making me want to check out some more.

To-Love Ru Darkness - M-i-k-a-n.

This season has a lot of shows I will be checking out. Several I didn't list either. Either way MAD hype for this season.

For your sake, I hope the show doesn't turn out to be as boring as it looks.

Shin Sekai Yori's characters look like the Noein cast. From the trailers it also seem like the dynamic between them and the context are similar. Hopefully the show will be less about drama between prepubescent kids zzzzzzzzzz

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Suffer watch? What is this blasphemy?

I love idols and I love card games. I'm in day one!

Instro

Yuru Yuri S2 11

iAHbDv2guklUK.gif

Wow that was a really great episode. Impressive animation, for a show that already has pretty nice character animation as it is, and a nice plot to go with the jokes this week. A step up in direction as well, or at least more cohesive than usual which it fit well with what they were going for this week. They even snuck some :firehawk in there. Such a sweet ending too :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom