• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword Art Online 10

What? DUDE!

DUUUUUUDE
jTs4trXQ62Pih_ss.jpg

sonicmj1

Aniplex USA put up a trailer for the Bakemonogatari BD (yet the trailer's only in 360p, whatever) and the main site is now live:

http://www.aniplexusa.com/bakemonogatari/

Looks like they're also going to start streaming it weekly on Crunchyroll and Hulu, starting this Friday. Regional restrictions will probably be in place.

They also romanized her name as "Senjyogahara", if you care about that sort of thing.

Preorder canceled.

As Luigi understands, the only winning move is not to play.

Narag

One Piece Movie 1

MMO5kl.jpg
0BKOXl.jpg
Qd2ebl.jpg

I wondered why it reminded me of DBZ so I wasn't too surprised when I saw the character designers/animation directors worked on DBZ as well.
Eh, it was ok. Very cartoony with its humor and it rushed into things. Despite my limited experience with the franchise, t felt like a story from some other property with One Piece laid over it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Preorder canceled.

How did I not notice the "Senjyogahara" thing before? That shit drives me insane. It's almost as annoying as when people use macrons over Os instead of just typing "ou".

One Piece Movie 1

Eh, it was ok. Very cartoony with its humor and it rushed into things. Despite my limited experience with the franchise, t felt like a story from some other property with One Piece laid over it.

Good luck, man, the first three One Piece films are hella boring.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think I'm the only one who thinks about this stuff, but because of UtaKoi, this passage in Pride and Prejudice stuck out to me.
Then, perceiving in Elizabeth no inclination of replying, she added, "Unhappy as the event must be for Lydia, we may draw from it this useful lesson: that loss of virtue in a female is irretrievable; that one false step involves her in endless ruin; that her reputation is no less brittle than it is beautiful; and that she cannot be too much guarded in her behaviour towards the undeserving of the other sex."
Men really suck. lol

wonzo

Banned
Utakoi 11

Space, Yuu Kobayashi and yuri. Everything you could want in a good yet incredibly depressing take on 11th century Japan's oppressive sexist society. At least the ending was kinda uplifting.

Also, for those of you who have participated in the Sengoku Collection Challenge with me, Fall 2012 will be the beginning of the Aikatsu! Challenge, which appears to have much higher odds of indeed being an actual challenge to watch. Are you a bad enough dude to chart unexplored territory by watching the first-ever female-targeted show in the card battle genre?
Why not take up the Kingdom challenge instead?

Seriously dude, just no. lol
Omigawa is a one note voice actress who is boring once her gimmick is exhausted.
io9WClAwXH9ZB.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure 13

Ultra not happy :(

Poor Miyuki. Love how at the ending of this episode all the girls laugh, haha yeah, the 20+ minutes of awful crap Miyuki had to deal with it was totally hilarious! No wait, no it wasn’t. Just look at that face! Did have plenty of laughs in this episode though, the scene where the pillow fight goes horribly wrong and
Miyuki unloads that entire pot of tea on the poor teacher
. That was really bad luck for a completely different party.

I really hope the show gets away from the typical battle scene at some point. The whole baddie of the week takes out all the girls except for one - and she somehow gets a powerup to win solo - is honestly getting pretty tiresome.

But still really love the show even if the battles themselves are really weak. Thats usually how it goes, just wondering though but which Precure season has the best battles? I remember someone mentioning one of the shows where the girl literally punches
the bad guy in the face during his speech
but can’t remember what that was from.

Smile Precure 13

Poor Miyuki. Love how at the ending of this episode all the girls laugh, haha yeah, the 20+ minutes of awful crap Miyuki had to deal with it was totally hilarious! No wait, no it wasn’t. Just look at that face! Did have plenty of laughs in this episode though, the scene where the pillow fight goes horribly wrong and

I really hope the show gets away from the typical battle scene at some point. The whole baddie of the week takes out all the girls except for one - and she somehow gets a powerup to win solo - is honestly getting pretty tiresome.

But still really love the show even if the battles themselves are really weak. Thats usually how it goes, just wondering though but which Precure season has the best battles? I remember someone mentioning one of the shows where the girl literally punches

There is no shame to scrub through precure fights after a few. The fights tend to get a bit better later, but I still tend to scrub through transformation and finisher stuff, depending on my mood or if they go full retard and use the FULL transformation stock footage which lasts like a minute.

wonzo

Banned
I missed the boat on that. Trying to catch up would kill me.
I dropped it for awhile, only to marathon 4 episodes of it in a day and yet I'm somehow still alive. I dare all of you to take on the greatest challenge known to man! No amount of gifs could prepare you for the truly insidious nature of Kingdom.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 13

Smile is all about character-centric episodes so it often employs the tactic of the character receiving focus that week bailing out everyone else as the culmination of whatever personal development they've achieved that week. It begins to do this less as the series goes on, but you're probably not going to escape being underwhelmed by the fights most of the time.

Unfortunately, there's no season with universally good battles, but I'm personally a fan of the battles in Fresh! Precure. There are more instances of the characters having to use unconventional means to defeat opponents in that season than any other season I've watched to completion, and so I was almost never bored during fights like I was in, say, Suite and Smile where it's "wail on the monster with your fists and then use finisher at appropriate moment" most of the time.

Of course, Heartcatch has the best fights overall because the Precure have to reason with the tortured soul of the person inhabiting the monster of the week which is more inventive than straight-up violence, but I know how you feel about that, so....yeah.

Narag

I dropped it for awhile, only to marathon 4 episodes of it in a day and yet I'm somehow still alive. I dare all of you to take on the greatest challenge known to man! No amount of gifs could prepare you for the truly insidious nature of Kingdom.

Don't do this to me.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure 13

HeartCatch.

Anyway, since we're doing lists,

Hyped:

K
TLRD
Magi
Monster next door
Jojo
Gintama (though I won't watch it till I catch up)
Aikatsu
Kyousogiga

Will at least check out:
PsychoPass
A bunch of the random harem shows, in hopes that I might hit gold

Not hyped, won't watch unless trusted sources say it's good enough:
From the New World
Chunibyo
Tempest
Robotic Notes

madp

The Light of El Cantare

An issuer of challengers such as myself has no room to turn down challenges issued by someone else, so I'm on board once I'm caught up with my weeklies.

flawfuls

I tried watching the first episode once. It was even worse than the gifs lead me to believe. :(

i'm hyped for TLRD
bluray release

Anime is all the same, nothing really worth hyping about until I've seen at least the pilot.

I'm interested with that ricebowl show, a bit. Need some shounen in my life outside of HxH.

Is fairy tail still fillers?

Sakasama no Patema: Beginning of the Day 4

Finally got around to finishing this little prologue series off. I love how Yoshiura will suddenly cut off music for comedic effect; it's a little-used but quite effective technique. The world setting and the hints dropped to the backgrounds of the main characters are intriguing; I'm really interested to see how the full film elaborates on these.

Did I miss http://fuse-anime.com/ getting announced, or is it actually new?

You missed it; we've known about Fuse for awhile.

Any context?

Looks really, really interesting but I saw GOSICK pop on screen and cried a bit. Hope that bit wasn't too relevant. Dunno what this is though.

Since some people also missed the previous news about this, a brief explanation: Fuse: A Gun Girl's Detective Story is an upcoming film from director Masayuki Miyaji (Xam'd) at studio TMS Entertainment, adapting a novel by Kazuki Sakuraba, author of Gosick. It's based on the classic Japanese novel Hakkenden:

In Kyokutei Bakin's classic Japanese epic novel Nansō Satomi Hakkenden, eight samurai serve the Satomi clan during Japan's tumultuous Sengoku (Warring States) era. The Edo-era samurai are the reincarnations of the spirits that Princess Fuse mothered with a dog named Yatsufusa. In Sakuraba's Fuse Gansaku: Satomi Hakkenden novel, the female hunter Hamaji comes to her brother in order to hunt Fuse. Thus, the karmic cycle of retribution that began long ago with the Satomi family begins anew.

Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass) is writing the script, and Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist) is providing the music.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Since some people also missed the previous news about this, a brief explanation: Fuse: A Gun Girl's Detective Story is an upcoming film from director Masayuki Miyaji (Xam'd) at studio TMS Entertainment, adapting a novel by Kazuki Sakuraba, author of Gosick. It's based on the classic Japanese novel Hakkenden:

Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass) is writing the script, and Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist) is providing the music.

Thanks, sounds quite interesting, and I liked the look of the PV.

trejo

After a brief cursory glance, I'll probably give the following first episodes a shot:

Kyousogiga
Shin Sekai Yori
That Kyoani Show That Sounds Absolutely Shittastic But Will Look Really Pretty
Zetsuen no Tempest
K
Magi
Medaka Box S2
Psycho pass
Robotics;Notes

survivor

Banned
Hey, Crunchyroll finally made some of their numbers public again, announcing that they've passed the 100,000 paid subscribers mark. For reference, they had about 70,000 subscribers last November, and about 30,000 subscribers in the summer of 2010. Progress!

Have they ever mentioned views breakdown or anything similar to that before? I wonder how many of these people are there for Naruto/Bleach and how many actually bother with the other shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom