• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
KYYctl.jpg

Their tales even move and shit. It's crazy.

If my last episode impression is making you doubt your decision, then yes, you were.

Well to be fair I kind of introduced you to some :Chet shows so its only right that you bring this very :Cajun one to my attention.

Gintama 85

Oh the wacky traps that plague treasure filled castles.

So, that whole running part was pretty funny. Action was light but there wasn't much time wasted. Overall the story was pretty weird with lots of time and energy spent on hard-boiled.

Just ordered Kino's Journey and Haibane Renmei as the latter is being released next Tuesday. I have watched all of Haibane Renmei subbed, but only the first two episodes of Kino's Journey so I will probably start Kino first. I hope Kino suits my tastes of having mysterious and dark undertones as did Haibane Renmei.

3Kaze

The end is nigh! Best to just resign myself to my fate. How much do do fursuits cost anyway? Do you have to go to a tailor to get them fitted?
Sorry, I don't know. You'll have to ask the experts in this thread. But you can always change your avatar!

Just ordered Kino's Journey and Haibane Renmei as the latter is being released next Tuesday. I have watched all of Haibane Renmei subbed, but only the first two episodes of Kino's Journey so I will probably start Kino first. I hope Kino suits my tastes of having mysterious and dark undertones as did Haibane Renmei.
I think you shall be pleased.

cajunator

Banned

Kino is fucking AWESOME.
It does have some mysteries to it and I really don't want to say much. Oh god its so enjoyable.
Is there a rerelease of it that I missed?

The Garden of Sinners Part 2 - Murder Speculation (Part A)

There wasn't much of interest in this part. It focuses on the development of the romantic relationship between Kokuto and Shiki but doesn't do much to sell it. Kokuto is a rather generic nice guy, Shiki is a psychopath, and the continued faith he has in her despite her actions is unbelievable.
If I were in his place, listening to her tell me "I'm Shiki's destructive impluse, but I haven't had anyone to act out on", I would get away as fast as possible and inform a responsible adult.
There's no chemistry between them, so their interactions are not enjoyable to watch. Also, while I'm normally fine with Takeuchi's designs when animated by ufotable, something about the design of young Kokuto and young Shiki bothers me.

vpbQC.jpg

Seriously, what is up with those eyes?

The direction is plodding, lingering on shots for too long, and had almost none of the atmospheric touches of the first film. There's not much action, but what little there is sticks to one of the laziest directing techniques around: shaky-cam. Sorry, but jiggling around the camera a little bit does not make a good action scene. The only two aspects of the visuals that I liked was a bit of sharp nonchronological editing when Kokuto goes to find Shiki after hearing about the sixth victim, and his running animation in a scene towards the end, in which rough motion conveyed an adrenaline-fueled fear and flight. Otherwise, it's forgettable.

wonzo

Banned
And? I like Hyouka.
It's been out for a couple of days and I figured you'd've seen it by now. Sorry if I came across as a bit rude as I certainly didn't intend to be. :(

Anyways, it usually airs on Mondays in Japan so keep an eye out for it depending on your timezone. :)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I kind of like it when personal details like this slip, helps remind me that AnimeGAF is comprised of people. People with questionable taste, but still people.

LOL. Or we're giving out fake personal info to trick you that we're really people but inactuality are robots. Hmm...

cajunator

Banned
It's been out for a couple of days and I figured you'd've seen it by now. Sorry if I came across as a bit rude as I certainly didn't intend to be. :(

Anyways, it usually airs on Mondays in Japan so keep an eye out for it depending on your timezone. :)

Oh ok.
Well I have been EXTREMELY busy preparing the gulf coast for the hurricane at work so it makes sense I would have missed it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rinne no Lagrange avatars on the Japanese PSN... damn want them.
the game preview is hilarious though. bouncing boobs all over and a alternate bikini outfit for Madoka advertised in a preview video, PS2 graphics and looks on rails ish.

Might buy

Edit: Also Home stuff... How did I miss that?
lag-rin_cos02.jpg

LOL Home.

3D pig disgusting etc etc.

The games in the hybrid packs always sound really bad, hahah. It's a shame that the inclusion of the OVA will probably keep the game from ever hitting bargain price, otherwise I'd be mildly interested in importing it just to see how shameless it is. Hopefully some gameplay eventually surfaces on youtube.

Region-locking avatars sux.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Man, seeing her as she was back then and now is insane. Hell of an improvement in art.

This is the kind of thing that I would expect Chet to say about One Piece if he watched it, because there's only one way that Nami has changed significantly since the beginning :lol

I prefer vintage Nami, personally, and it's not even because of the tits.

Will it get a disc release?

Yes Viz said everything they are bringing there will get a disc release. (Zetman, BLue exorcist, Tiger & Bunny, Rinne no Lagrange, etc)

at anime expo they said
14:41:00 <bay|AX|VizS> there will be dvds for every product you see on neon alley
14:41:10 <bay|AX|VizS> you can be assured that everything on neon alley will be on dvd and blu-ray when available

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Viz? Lagrange really isn't the kind of title that I associate with them.

inb4 "what do you mean? they specialize in bad anime, of course"

Sword Art Online - 08 "This Waifu Belongs to Me and Only Me"

Remember guys, "whiteknighting" too much will make your waifu leave you one day. Also
stalking her certainly doesn't help.

No glops but a squish.
I came really close to just turning the show off in utter disgust at that part. It isn't just offensive in its own right -- it was completely contradictory to the entire fucking point of the episode.

Several parts of the series that have really rustled my jimmies have ended up being vindicated later on, and I'm hoping that I'll be proven wrong again, but it's going to take a goddamn miracle.

edit: I totally misinterpreted your post. My rage still stands.
Where's the rest of Monster on DVD Viz? I don't want to own a very incomplete show release.
It's on the youtubes, bruh.
lolz

Apparently there be a shitstorm brewing around Kokoro Connect.

-Apparently the producers gave an VA audition for a new character in Kokoro Connect to a low-level VA.
-At an event they brought the guy out implying that he got the part and e would be on the show.
-What they actually did at the event was show a video of his audition with some changes mocking him and reveal that the part was completely bogus in the first place and say he'll work for them as a janitor instead.
-Huge uproar from otaku as they flood the amazon page for Kokoro Connect with 1 star reviews.

Video of event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh2_joRXGXc

Fucking shameful display from Silver Link. Who thought this would be funny or a good PR move?

cajunator

Banned
Apparently there be a shitstorm brewing around Kokoro Connect.

-Apparently the producers gave an VA audition for a new character in Kokoro Connect to a low-level VA.
-At an event they brought the guy out implying that he got the part and e would be on the show.
-What they actually did at the event was show a video of his audition with some changes mocking him and reveal that the part was completely bogus in the first place and say he'll work for them as a janitor instead.
-Huge uproar from otaku as they flood the amazon page for Kokoro Connect with 1 star reviews.

Video of event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh2_joRXGXc

Fucking shameful display from Silver Link. Who thought this would be funny or a good PR move?

DONT FUCK WITH OTAKU.
They will rate your shit down and you'll be VERY SORRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom