• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Apparently there be a shitstorm brewing around Kokoro Connect.

-Apparently the producers gave an VA audition for a new character in Kokoro Connect to a low-level VA.
-At an event they brought the guy out implying that he got the part and e would be on the show.
-What they actually did at the event was show a video of his audition with some changes mocking him and reveal that the part was completely bogus in the first place and say he'll work for them as a janitor instead.
-Huge uproar from otaku as they flood the amazon page for Kokoro Connect with 1 star reviews.

Video of event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh2_joRXGXc

Fucking shameful display from Silver Link. Who thought this would be funny or a good PR move?

There's no way this is the full story. It's way too assholish.

wonzo

Banned

-Apparently the producers gave an VA audition for a new character in Kokoro Connect to a low-level VA.
-At an event they brought the guy out implying that he got the part and e would be on the show.
-What they actually did at the event was show a video of his audition with some changes mocking him and reveal that the part was completely bogus in the first place and say he'll work for them as a janitor instead.
-Huge uproar from otaku as they flood the amazon page for Kokoro Connect with 1 star reviews.

Fucking shameful display from Silver Link. Who thought this would be funny or a good PR move?
How could anyone possibly think this is a good idea? What a bunch of shitheads.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kono Naka Ni Hitori, Imouto Ga Iru! 7

Holy fucking shit this show. I can't stop laughing.

What in the fuck? LOLOL

Wait... what in the name of fuck is this bullshit? That's fucking horrible! D:

Wow. Just wow. What were they thinking?

Yeah, it's amazing they are still licensing non-shounen stuff for release.

I dont think its strange, its not like they hadnt already branched so far out from shonen stuff over the past years already. I also dont think Rinne no Lagrange an Action Mecha isnt actually diversifying their portfolio, maybe if they are the ones that have Mawaru Penguindrum then I could possibly agree.

This made me sad. :( I hope there's more to the story than it seems.

Branduil

That's pretty terrible. His voice isn't even that bad.

LOL. Or we're giving out fake personal info to trick you that we're really people but inactuality are robots. Hmm...
I guess that is possible. *misanthropy levels back to full*

If that is true, I hope he sues the shit out of them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I'm confused here. If its the producers who pulled this terrible prank then what does it have to do with Silver Link?

I'm confused here. If its the producers who pulled this terrible prank then what does it have to do with Silver Link?

Thats a good point. I'm not sure at what level this idea originated from but the fact that no one at any point stopped and asked themselves if this was such a good idea is pretty bad.

OceanBlue

Wow. There are so many things wrong with this....

Narag

Huh, I kinda hope the guy was in on it as some sort of weird publicity stunt but sadly that won't be the case.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Wow, that's a fabulous and extremely pointless troll. lol
Total assholes!

Kagami

Kind of weird people are suddenly fussing about this now.
That event happened back before the show aired.
Guess that's the internet for you.
Apparently the guy's going to be in the show anyway.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Steps towards being a better hypocrite:

1. Tell somebody that you don't have time to do something right now.

2. Immediately start doing it.

1180225-6HLJGA4.jpg

LTTP, but I REALLY like Sword Art Online. It's just very good comfort food. Nothing extraordinary, just really solid, uncomplicated, entertaining anime.

duckroll

Are you sure thats the same event? It doesn't make sense for people to throw a conniption and bomb the amazon page with reviews about this now if it happened months ago.

Yes it's the exact same event. I was doing research on before I replied, and Famitsu even covered the story back in June: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/24016884.html

先行上映が終わると、シークレットゲストとして声優の市来光弘が登場し、アニメの“オリジナル企画”があることをほのめかす。本人はすっかり、アニメのオリジナルキャラクターについて発表するつもりだったようだが……。続けて壇上のスクリーンで流れた映像は、なんと“宣伝部長に市来光弘が就任決定!”という、本人もその場で初めて知ったという事実。本人はえらく仰天していたが、そのほかのゲストはみんな知っていたようで、サプライズ企画は見事に成功。

At the end of the early screening event, they brought the guy out as a secret guest for a final announcement. This is an "original plan" for the anime. They explained that he was told he would be auditioning for an anime original character. Then they showed the audition footage and then announced that he was being made the publicity manager instead. He was the only one at the event not in on the gag, and he was surprised, but they declared the surprise plan to be a success!

It seems that no one really paid attention to this because Kokoro Connect doesn't really have much interest at all. What happened more recently is that earlier this week they tweeted that he would be joining the cast in ep14 onwards after all, and then they deleted the tweet quickly. When fans noticed this, they probably started digging back and finding the recording of the event, the gag, and some radio show where he expressed some unhappiness over this, etc.

Thoraxes

Rinne no Lagrange avatars on the Japanese PSN... damn want them.
the game preview is hilarious though. bouncing boobs all over and a alternate bikini outfit for Madoka advertised in a preview video, PS2 graphics and looks on rails ish.

Might buy

Edit: Also Home stuff... How did I miss that?
lag-rin_cos02.jpg

LOL Home.

I need those avatars.

Also that Home stuff is near-nightmare fuel.

Yes it's the exact same event. I was doing research on before I replied, and Famitsu even covered the story back in June: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/24016884.html

At the end of the early screening event, they brought the guy out as a secret guest for a final announcement. This is an "original plan" for the anime. They explained that he was told he would be auditioning for an anime original character. Then they showed the audition footage and then announced that he was being made the publicity manager instead. He was the only one at the event not in on the gag, and he was surprised, but they declared the surprise plan to be a success!

It seems that no one really paid attention to this because Kokoro Connect doesn't really have much interest at all. What happened more recently is that earlier this week they tweeted that he would be joining the cast in ep14 onwards after all, and then they deleted the tweet quickly. When fans noticed this, they probably started digging back and finding the recording of the event, the gag, and some radio show where he expressed some unhappiness over this, etc.
Thats makes more sense. Still a dick move regardless. But does the deleting of the tweet mean hes not going to be in it? Or did they want to keep it a surprise?

Thoraxes

I came really close to just turning the show off in utter disgust at that part. It isn't just offensive in its own right -- it was completely contradictory to the entire fucking point of the episode.

Several parts of the series that have really rustled my jimmies have ended up being vindicated later on, and I'm hoping that I'll be proven wrong again, but it's going to take a goddamn miracle.

edit: I totally misinterpreted your post. My rage still stands.

It's ok. Tell me what your rage was really about.

I watched the episode on my train commute this morning.

duckroll

Thats makes more sense. Still a dick move regardless. But does the deleting of the tweet mean hes not going to be in it? Or did they want to keep it a surprise?

Beats me, I don't watch the show and I have very little context here. I just find the entire thing weird and dumb. Kagami actually watches the show and follows stuff though, so he's in a better position to speculate about that.

Imagine a massively multiplayer world where all you ever see are gray silhouettes of what are supposed to be people, because unless you stand perfectly still for 5 minutes no one ever loads before you've walked away. That's PlayStation Home.

It's ok. Tell me what your rage was really about.

I watched the episode on my train commute this morning.
I thought your post was about Kirito in the second half of the episode, not the forever alone guildy.

The whole episode was about Asuna earning Kirito's respect and him finally, finally putting his trust in someone as an equal. The show shot itself in the dick by having Kirito go full whiteknight for Asuna against the bodyguard.

Ultimadrago

Steps towards being a better hypocrite:

1. Tell somebody that you don't have time to do something right now.

2. Immediately start doing it.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1180225-6HLJGA4.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Extollere, I don't even know what to say besides...

"[I]Thanks a lot![/I]" and "[I]You are an awesome human being![/I]"

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Extollere, I don't even know what to say besides...

"Thanks a lot!" and "You are an awesome human being!"

Ah - it's not finished. Let me put a background in there and clean things up a bit before you use it. I'll do it in a couple days - have other stuff I really need to do.

Jarmel

Banned
I now understand why people want a Tsukihime remake so bad. The art is on the level of highschooler.

Jesus Christ.

Someone must have taken many many art lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom