• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Hyouka - 19

Btw, all that playful impatience is going to turn into scorn and hate when they get married. The custody battle is going to be fierce as Eru applies all that she absorbed from being in Oreki's presence so much.

Never forget

ib1XTMKqdxiAW0.jpg

ibfxr1V27oJSVt.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Kirito, about to to deliver the killing blow to the final boss, suddenly freezes. His weapon clatters to the floor.
Asuna: I never asked you to save me.
Slowly, painfully, she pulls her sword out of Kirito's back. As he struggles to voice his disbelief, Kirito is impaled on a flurry of thrusts.
Asuna: gg
Asuna: kthx
Asuna: no re

/credits
10/10, would read again. Seriously, this ending would be amazing.

Kirito, about to to deliver the killing blow to the final boss, suddenly freezes. His weapon clatters to the floor.
Slowly, painfully, she pulls her sword out of Kirito's back. As he struggles to voice his disbelief, Kirito is impaled on a flurry of thrusts.

/credits

I know I'm not the only person who thought this was actually pretty hot.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Chitanda is not yandere at all.

Sad that Team Mayaka has to resort to attacking the winning side even when they already lost.

The potential is there. She says some insane shit, and she has the eyes of a serial killer.

sonicmj1

icarus, I save only the most distinctive and peculiar compliments for how great you are.

For example, "icarus-daedelus radiates waves of ice that jive to the rhythm of thunderous beats from a divine drum solo playing out atop Mount Olympus!"

icarus is one of the best people in Anime-GAF, if only because she understands the truth about Nanami and her comedy episodes.

I don't think I could have finished Utena without knowing that someone felt the same way I did.

Also while I liked that 08th MS Team eyecatch, I agree that they're overdue for changing it up a bit.

Hyouka - 19

Another enjoyable episode. The growing dynamic between Chitanda and Oreki is enough at this point to be engaging, and I hope that the last few episodes--being the stand-alone stories they are--further this relationship. I know this might be me going too far, and it might not adhere to the kind of work-safe projects that Kyoani produces, but I hope they hold hands at the end.

I want to see them holding hands also, but I wouldn't expect them to air something so filthy on television.

I...Uh....I need to watch this.
Like NOW.
Ok i'm convinced too .. i'll start this anime to see if my fears were true or not ( only saw a bit of ep 1 )

Gintama 86

This show and its weird taste in food.

Nice episode that basically sets up Sougo and Hijikata's relationship. Always nice to flesh out the supporting characters.
there is always some filler to present some food thing ..Be it battle over food , or battle over taste of food ... or just battle because ...well it's fun to watch ..

Mayonaise ? ketchup ?Where is my mustard ? or should i finally watch past ep 200 ?

I need those avatars.

Also that Home stuff is near-nightmare fuel.

Those would have been cool if the face weren't so weird . Also Home has changed since the first year...Now it's very hard to make 2 character the same... unless they are both starting.

I wonder if there are brothels in SAO.

No evidence of them existing ..In any of the official works.. but ...who knows ??

Thoraxes

I thought your post was about Kirito in the second half of the episode, not the forever alone guildy.

The whole episode was about Asuna earning Kirito's respect and him finally, finally putting his trust in someone as an equal. The show shot itself in the dick by having Kirito go full whiteknight for Asuna against the bodyguard.
Ahhhh, I can see that too. Glops gotta glop sometime though, you know. It kinda did feel a little forced :/

I wish it was system based or something and not account based.
I have to figure out a way to get them.
We will work through this.

Oh. Shit. Okay. So if you don't want to know more about the PK Guild don't read the following.

The PK Guild, Laughing Coffin, is pretty much gone by this point in time. They were anihilated by many of the other guilds because they were causing too much trouble. That small segment in the last episode never happened in the LN so... yeah.
So anime original episode incoming? You don't foreshadow like that without reason.

Those would have been cool if the face weren't so weird . Also Home has changed since the first year...Now it's very hard to make 2 character the same... unless they are both starting.
I've tried Home maybe like, 3 times. The last time was during Sony's E3 stuff.

wonzo

Banned
Share Your "K-On!" Appreciation With Your Favorite Pooch
TBS sells Ho-kago Tea Time dog cosplay t-shirt

"Do you have a dog who loves light music? Is your pooch a Ho-kago Tea Time fanatic? Well, TBS is now selling the perfect item to share with the otaku pet in your life. The dog K-On! cosplay shirt comes in five sizes from 20cm neck x 30cm height x 20cm waist to 34cm x 52cm x 35 cm. Pre-orders are being taken for ¥2,980 ($37.87) ahead of an early to mid November shipping schedule."​

k-ondogs.jpg
k-ondogs2.jpg

Dakara Boku wa H 8

All the yellow is starting to bug me. Wasn't a problem before when it was just barrier stuff, but it isn't exactly easy on the eyes when that's all you see for 20 minutes.

MzvaF.jpg

This is what the entire episode looks like.

Anyway, stuff is happening, so that's always good.

MarkusRJR

So guys what's the best anime this season? I'm getting a crunchyroll subscription next week so I thought I might as well check out some live episodes. I've only been watching Tari Tari and Kokoro Connect so I'm kind of curious.

Mature

So guys what's the best anime this season? I'm getting a crunchyroll subscription next week so I thought I might as well check out some live episodes. I've only been watching Tari Tari and Kokoro Connect so I'm kind of curious.
Depends on what you're into I guess.

Nah, Natsuyuki Rendezvous.

Seems to be Natsuyuki Rendezvous going off of impressions, though not necessarily the most enjoyable.

I'm personally not watching it, but Natsuyuki Rendezvous seems to have garnered a fair bit of critical praise.

If your tastes are more mainstream, then you need to get on dat Sword Art Online, mang.

Thoraxes

I'm enjoying Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Joshiraku the most this season. Rinne no Lagrange S2 is my favorite guilty pleasure.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Apparently there be a shitstorm brewing around Kokoro Connect.

Fucking shameful display from Silver Link. Who thought this would be funny or a good PR move?
Isn't this the kind of thing the Japanese love? I've seen lots of Beadle's You've Been Framed About on Candid Camera shows from the Land of the Rising Sun.

At least he got a job. It would have been worse if they even made that a prank considering the economic climate.

This is the motto of my life!

Reminds me of Second life for some reason.. but without the flying penises.
No wonder it failed.

Also, you can do whatever you want in towns.
This is an online game and you can do whatever you want and yet we're expected to believe that no one ran stark naked into the middle of the duel spinning their Sir Peter of Bushend shouting "Behold my sword art... online!" before running off again.

Seriously this has to be the most mild mannered MMO of all time.

Girls Bravo 17
Lu9TM.gif

Yukinari looks good with boobs.
One of the best episodes in the show. I hope you watched the English dub for it.

EDIT: Choose your character/team/girl/whatever

574752_412545042137527_981434412_n.jpg
What happens if I choose Gary Stu?

Girls Bravo 18

A boa constrictors favorite drink are the tears of a young maiden.
Interesting bit of trivia: The boa constrictor is the only animal whose latin name is the same as their common usage name.

Sounds like Hyouka is for you, but that isn't Crunchy.

BluWacky

I would give Hiroki Azuma the benefit of the doubt and suggest that the tonal whiplash, irritating characters and general shoddy nature of Fractale are probably not the fault of an academic. I've not read his book on otaku or any of his other criticism - maybe he is a total hack.

Remember who actually handled the "story" of Fractale?

Mari Okada.

wonzo

Banned
Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Humanity Has Declined, Binbougami ga! and Joshiraku are the standout shows of the season for me.

edit: keep in mind the latter two aren't on crunchyroll. i think funi's streaming binbou though

Defuser

/credits
*Few minutes ago*

Kirito : WHERZ DAH LOGOUT OPTION? WHEZ IZ IT? After you have bring back the logout option you have my permission to die.

BluWacky

Is there something naughty about this show?

The fact that is apparently exists contravenes all known laws.

More seriously - Gothicmade was first announced about... oooh, six years ago, with almost nothing to show for it since. The last trailer we saw came out a couple of years ago as well I think.

Basically - it seems like vapourware, and no-one believes it's going to come out until it actually does.

Go_Ly_Dow

The fact that is apparently exists contravenes all known laws.

More seriously - Gothicmade was first announced about... oooh, six years ago, with almost nothing to show for it since. The last trailer we saw came out a couple of years ago as well I think.

Basically - it seems like vapourware, and no-one believes it's going to come out until it actually does.

sounds like versus ;_;

BELIEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom