• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

The fact that is apparently exists contravenes all known laws.

More seriously - Gothicmade was first announced about... oooh, six years ago, with almost nothing to show for it since. The last trailer we saw came out a couple of years ago as well I think.

Basically - it seems like vapourware, and no-one believes it's going to come out until it actually does.

They've been doing updates since last year iirc. They're just months apart, highly irregular, and just a handful of people are working on the project with Nagano doing almost everything. Before last year, there was a total black out for years though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The fact that is apparently exists contravenes all known laws.

More seriously - Gothicmade was first announced about... oooh, six years ago, with almost nothing to show for it since. The last trailer we saw came out a couple of years ago as well I think.

Basically - it seems like vapourware, and no-one believes it's going to come out until it actually does.

Oh so it's the DNF of anime.

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe 22
polarbear22.jpg
polarbear22a.jpg

SUGITA RETURNS only to leave so soon. :(

Is there something naughty about this show?
It was originally announced in April 2006.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Steps towards being a better hypocrite:

1. Tell somebody that you don't have time to do something right now.

2. Immediately start doing it.

1180225-6HLJGA4.jpg

Fucking beautiful! :D

LOL Nicely done arrangement of screens there!

Share Your "K-On!" Appreciation With Your Favorite Pooch
TBS sells Ho-kago Tea Time dog cosplay t-shirt

"Do you have a dog who loves light music? Is your pooch a Ho-kago Tea Time fanatic? Well, TBS is now selling the perfect item to share with the otaku pet in your life. The dog K-On! cosplay shirt comes in five sizes from 20cm neck x 30cm height x 20cm waist to 34cm x 52cm x 35 cm. Pre-orders are being taken for ¥2,980 ($37.87) ahead of an early to mid November shipping schedule."​

k-ondogs.jpg
k-ondogs2.jpg

New character designs for Chunibyo, seems to be the MC's mom, two sisters, and school bro:

Awwww that dog is adorable! :3 *pets the dog*

wonzo

Banned
Tari Tari 9

Wien owns! I was expecting them to cover Wien's
possibly terminally ill
friend earlier than this but they did a really good job with it this episode, especially with how the formula for the last few episodes has followed. My only worry now whether or not they're gonna turn this into some
really predictable fight against the corporate sponsors trying to undermine the school's culture or something dumb and cheesy like that.
I hope not as that may just kill the show for me. :(

Sket Dance 73
tumblr_m9khj19Utp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This episode was so fun. The first skit was awesome, so much Bossun Katou, Katou Tsubaki, Tsubaki Bossun, moments made it hilarious. Katou has added so much to this and so much rivalry. Second skit for manga started slow but then the manga they showed had hilarious moments. Michaelburgur was, in my opinion, the best one, "Through this passionate battle with you, I can even feel friendship".

And yabas! When it comes to looking at manga Im more yabas than anyone.

sonicmj1

Hey guys guess what I'm doing this weekend....

You're in for a real treat.

Gunslinger Girl 8

This gives us some background info about the origins of the Social Welfare Agency, and it introduces us to a new girl. I guess what this organization actually did seemed theoretical and carefree before they actually had girls out in the field shooting guns at people.

ictMlHHyutcEf.png

All the girls with black hair seem to have things particularly rough.

It's a bit of a disturbing undercurrent to the whole episode, but I think it's part of the message, which is the point of the whole "Pasta Prince" story. Before the agency turned from theoretical prep work into reality, they could delude themselves into believing they were doing something good. It was almost a game where they were raising girls and helping them get better after traumatic accidents.

A really pivotal moment in this episode for me was when Priscilla first sees Angelica at the firing range. She's joking about it at first, talking about the fairy tale and "possibilities", but when she realizes that for their cyborg, firing weapons isn't a big deal, it hits home what she's actually been contributing to.

iJhaqA1HQlJkR.png

It doesn't come across that clearly in her voice, but the zoom-out creates a lot of emotional distance between her and Angelica.

So for me, the fairy tale represents the lie the employees have been making for themselves, and once she goes out into the field, when the "smell of gunpowder" lingers on Marco
which is the point where his girlfriend leaves him because she wants him to "be normal"
, there's no point in continuing the charade anymore. At least, it's no longer a story they can actually tell themselves. But it doesn't stop them from doing their job.

Sometimes I feel like this show is a giant Milgram Experiment. I'm not sure how intentional that is.

Speaking of shows with symbolism, Marco's significant other in this episode is played by none other than Yuriko Fuchizaki, who played Anthy in Revolutionary Girl Utena.

This is an online game and you can do whatever you want and yet we're expected to believe that no one ran stark naked into the middle of the duel spinning their Sir Peter of Bushend shouting "Behold my sword art... online!" before running off again.

Seriously this has to be the most mild mannered MMO of all time.

Yeah let's disturb stuff between the most powerfull guild and a solo player that can survive by itself in the front lines ..

After 2 years in a death game i'm surprised ou think that anyone still has a sense of humour ..

NeonZ

This is an online game and you can do whatever you want and yet we're expected to believe that no one ran stark naked into the middle of the duel spinning their Sir Peter of Bushend shouting "Behold my sword art... online!" before running off again.

Seriously this has to be the most mild mannered MMO of all time.

I guess the creator of SAO made the whole death game aspect exactly to make people "behave" in his "world" like it were really real, rather than treat everything playfully like a game.

sonicmj1

Yeah let's disturb stuff between the most powerfull guild and a solo player that can survive by itself in the front lines ..

After 2 years in a death game i'm surprised ou think that anyone still has a sense of humour ..

If no one can do anything to you in a town, who cares what they think? They're not going to PK you.

And developing a sense of humor is one of the best ways to cope with being in a terrible situation.

Reknoc

Yea, but I'd still be busting some sick moves in town.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I guess the creator of SAO made the whole death game aspect exactly to make people "behave" in his "world" like it were really real, rather than treat everything playfully like a game.

You can die in real life (duh) but we still have streakers. And if everything feels all doomy and gloomy laughter is the best medicine. Need a few people willing to be a character in this game. "Oh look. Ol' Xx616Jeremy616xX is running around in the nude again. Whatever is he like?"

I wonder if one could get drunk in SAO. Good opportunity for the underaged to get familiar with the ol' Holy Water.

NeonZ

If no one can do anything to you in a town, who cares what they think? They're not going to PK you.

They can still hit him though, I think, it just won't register the damage to his HP. Besides, is streaking even possible in SAO? I don't think we've seen any characters nude (for a bathing scene or something).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They can still hit him though, I think, it just won't register the damage to his HP. Besides, is streaking even possible in SOA? I don't think we've seen any characters nude (for a bathing scene or something).

They can't hit him if they don't catch him. He put all his stats into evasion and is said to have a 100% escape chance rating.

And as for being in ones birthday suit is it not true that
the game does include the polygons for ones most private areas
?

NeonZ

And as for being in ones birthday suit is it not true that
the game does include the polygons for ones most private areas
?

Well, I haven't read the light novels, but I've heard that the author wrote a chapter dealing with sex in the game and describing a sex scene.

There's supposed to be some options that need to be triggered though, and I haven't read it, so I don't really know the details. Either way, due to the content, it likely won't appear in the anime.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well, I haven't read the light novels, but I've heard that the author wrote a chapter dealing with sex in the game and describing a sex scene.

There's supposed to be some options that need to be triggered though, and I haven't read it, so I don't really know the details. Either way, due to the content, it likely won't appear in the anime.
I heard the code is A B A C A B B.

And it's quite obvious it will be saved for the BD. Sex sells.

Well it would be like Louisiana here, where the Cajuns give their babies beer.

I suppose in a lawless world it would be up the the pub landlord to choose who to sell beer to. That assumes that somebody bothered to focus on the right skillset to open a pub that is.

duckroll

He/she mean to the novel? or?

He is talking about the anime. He's watching it, and praising that it's a very high quality work which brings together great original material with a great anime staff adapting it which results in a great end product. The anime writer thanked him for the comments.

Rinne no Lagrange 11-12

Even knowing that a second season is currently airing I like the way this season wrapped up. Felt kind of End of Evangelion-lite. What really surprised me is how well done the mecha scenes were. Even when CG was used it didn't look that bad.

Good series as a whole. Not high art, but I enjoyed watching it. Especially for Lan.

fertygo

He is talking about the anime. He's watching it, and praising that it's a very high quality work which brings together great original material with a great anime staff adapting it which results in a great end product. The anime writer thanked him for the comments.

Making many episode about people chatting in a room deserve praise indeed.

Festival arc :(

cajunator

Banned
Sword art Online 04

Kirito meets Silica.
Her pet dragon gets killed and she and Kirito go on a quest to revive it.
Lots of tentacle monsters.
Kirito is
unbelievably high level
Silica is very cute but ehh.. I'll wait to decide best girl. Still sticking with team Sashi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom