• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Come on guys. KYH!

376960_344071122348154_526551471_n.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Mayo Chiki 4-9

Kanade is the best character in the show. The show is not bad but I wanted more of the 2 factions fighting over Subaru.

Yea, but I'd still be busting some sick moves in town.
Except when a town became available , the only one is the town front line are the people who try to beat the game and the merchants that support them. i short high level and serious people.
There is a moment ( when a level is cleared ) where you can find all kind of players but that's all.

I wonder if one could get drunk in SAO. Good opportunity for the underaged to get familiar with the ol' Holy Water.
Getting drunk should be possible...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Except when a town became available , the only one is the town front line are the people who try to beat the game and the merchants that support them. i short high level and serious people.
Well he could be supporting them with the power of dance. He's doing a vital service keeping moral up. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to be serious to do well. There could always be a competent guild of jokers.

Getting drunk should be possible...
Getting drunk without the risk of liver damage and hangovers. Why even bother getting to floor 100 when you can just waste away on floor one getting pissed every night?

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group D, Day 4 Results:

D04
1st 332 Hinata Hakamada @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
2nd 187 Unused Character @ Kill Me Baby
3rd 130 Perinne H. Clostermann @ Strike Witches

D08
1st 365 Nagi Sanzenin @ Hayate The Combat Butler
2nd 165 Hiroe Atago @ Saki
3rd 131 Utao Kuga @ Kamisama Dolls

D12
1st 262 Saber @ Fate/Zero
2nd 236 Touka Ryuumonbuchi @ Saki
3rd 160 Agiri Goshiki @ Kill Me Baby

-----------------------------------------------

Once again it's break time, now that we're halfway through round 1. 145 girls down, 144 more to go.

A bit of statistics so far:

Series advancing by character count
1) Saki (7)
2) iM@S (4)
3) Haganai, F/Z, K-On, Smile Precure, Strike Witches (2)
4) everything else (1)

Seiyuu advancing by character count
1) Rie Kugimiya (2)
2) Kaori Fukuhara, Asami Imai, Yui Ogura, Nao Touyama (2)
3) everyone else (1)

BluWacky

"Unused character"? Wut?

From Wikipedia:

"A redheaded and green-eyes character with no name who was supposed to be part of the main cast, but was dropped as Yasuna had supposedly taken on all her personality traits. She has since vowed revenge against Yasuna and Sonya."

Voiced by Kugimiya, Japanese name 没キャラ.

duckroll

From Wikipedia:

"A redheaded and green-eyes character with no name who was supposed to be part of the main cast, but was dropped as Yasuna had supposedly taken on all her personality traits. She has since vowed revenge against Yasuna and Sonya."

Voiced by Kugimiya, Japanese name 没キャラ.

Wow. That's pretty meta. Almost as good as Asagi in Nippon Ichi games.

duckroll

SAO is pretty fun. I'll say it's pretty comparable to the average US TV show which people watch if the concept interests them or if they like some of the characters in it, even if its dumb as fuck at times. Comfort food anime.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SAO is worth watching if you want to be part of these interesting debates on whether you can send a friend request to the admin.

The Garden of Sinners Part 3 - Remaining Sense of Pain

This was almost shockingly straightforward. Tight plotting, good twists (
I really liked the appendicitis element
), snappy pacing, an exciting climax: it all makes for a solid thriller. No individual scene stood out as much as some of the scenes from the first film, but since the overall narrative was much more comprehensible, it was a more pleasurable experience. I particularly enjoyed how the villain was set up and developed. Her surface motivations were presented at the very beginning and gradually more pieces were revealed until you had a fairly complete picture of her by the end. She made a good foil for Shiki. Ironically, Shiki and Kokuto had more chemistry here, as investigation partners, than in the film focused on their relationship.

If there's a criticism I could give, it would be that the film's depiction of rape felt a bit too casual, the opening scene in particular, though that could have been an attempt to depict Fujino's lack of pain sensitivity.

The Garden of Sinners Part 4 - The Hollow Shrine

This is pretty much what I had been expecting from the series: Nasuverse nonsense. But its real problem isn't throwing terminology like "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception" around; rather, it is that Shiki is not compelling as a character to sustain a story exclusively about her development. If you're invested in the larger universe and ideas I could see this interesting you, but I'd rather the series focused exclusively on post-hospital Shiki investigating various supernatural cases, when her personality is suitable as an axis for the stories being told, and skipped the dull story of how she got to be that way.

But it was worth watching solely to see Kokuto burst out into an Engrish rendition of "Singin' in the Rain" out of nowhere. It was unintentionally hilarious.

On a positive note, you can definitely see an improvement in ufotable's digital art. Most obviously, the sky doesn't have that unattractive, simplistic gradient shading anymore. You didn't see a shot like this in the previous three films:

The look of the environments is more cohesive in general. In fact, the larger world of the hospital is so well realized that I wish the film had spent more time there instead of staying locked away in Shiki's private world for the most part.

The best part of the film was the post-credits scene, which reveals that
someone's been pulling the strings! And he's voiced by Jouji Nakata!
The next film should be fun.

duckroll

Man, I really want the full version of the song they're using for the teaser PV. Can't wait to see who they've got on music.

It's pretty groovy. Don't hear this sort of tune in anime often.

I don't like how the new character's head cuts off in the site's background image, so here's a look at Hanazawa's character without her hair sliced off at the top, and a look at the other characters at the tail end of the teaser:

SPEPZ.jpg

H5VQ7.jpg

Well he could be supporting them with the power of dance. He's doing a vital service keeping moral up. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to be serious to do well. There could always be a competent guild of jokers.

Getting drunk without the risk of liver damage and hangovers. Why even bother getting to floor 100 when you can just waste away on floor one getting pissed every night?
Lool
That's a cool idea . cheerleading support !

I doubt the items to make those kind of drinks are be available on floor 1 .. You'll see in a few episodes that people who stayed on floor 1 for fear of dying aren't living "properly". or with all teh ressources who'd imagine.

Wait were getting a Hot Springs Accel World episode/ova?

i thought this extra episode ( on the beach with everyone ) was only in the ps3/psp game ?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I don't like how the new character's head cuts off in the site's background image, so here's a look at Hanazawa's character without her hair sliced off at the top, and a look at the other characters at the tail end of the teaser:

SPEPZ.jpg

H5VQ7.jpg

I see Mukuro!!!!

SPEPZ.jpg

H5VQ7.jpg

So we got Yamamoto, Tsuna's mom, Adelheid, Dino and Mukuro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom