• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online 11

FvdmV.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seeing these old SAO shots (I only visually remember episode 3) reminded me of ol' Whiney McSpiky-Hairdo. Hope he died because that hair cut is tragic.

/XX/

I see some people were too expectant of something resolute to end it all with a nice consumed romance gift-wrapped with a cute little (pink) ribbon on top, to be completely satisfied... but you know what? Look at these characters now, look at how they try to understand each other, are connected, have changed during all these episodes... because I think that is a sufficient reward in regards to development to sustain this series. Life continues but they are closer than ever and with a future brighter ahead for someone previously more "grey" like Oreki, together on this... isn't that sweet enough?

That without taking into account that they probably want to adapt future novels, and leaving this as such gives them more liberty to do it.

Liking the new avatar /XX/.
Thanks! That illustrative 'Burglar Oreki' was too one-of-a-kind to not use it.

found a list with all confirmed TV animes for 2013

Winter Season
New
Da Capo III
Chihayafuru S2
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai S2
Minamike S4
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
GJ-bu
Sen Isamu
My Girlfriend and Childhood Friend Fight Too Much

from the fall season
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Zetsuen no Tempest
Robotics;Notes
Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo
Psycho-Pass
Little Busters!
Bakuman
Shirokuma Cafe
Gintama
Magi

not confirmed
Oremi S2
AKB0048 S2
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Love Live!

What a fantastic lineup for 2013.

Uta no prince sama 2 crys. Also wasnt blood lad dated 2013 too...

Kazzy

Hyouka

Since I've already been so comprehensively beaten to the punch, I'll refrain from posting any kind of detailed writeup. However, I will say that I've enjoyed my time with the show immensely, and like others have said, it will be interesting to revisit some of the earlier episodes. I think the power of hindsight will only improve the show, especially as it trades heavily in the details, something which KyoAni has excelled in.

It's a testament to their work that I can really sense a development in the characters, because with most shows, it is quite easy to simply be reductive about such things. And that is something which Mad Pierrot's post on Arcana Famiglia highlights brilliantly, in so much that when you break it down, nothing much really happens outside of the broad strokes. And in the case of Hyouka, I think you can see a marked contrast in it's protagonists, from beginning to end.

I see some people were too expectant of something resolute to end it all with a nice consumed romance gift-wrapped with a cute little (pink) ribbon on top, to be completely satisfied.

Agreed. But that also raises questions about the weird dynamic/expectations that generally surround a finale. If it had happened in a typical fashion, then it just would have done a disservice to the material, because Hyouka has shown that is willing to work at its own pace, and within the nuance that provides.

sonicmj1

Haibane Renmei 11

This episode feels like a transition point just before the ending gets started.

ie2npIeriagFW.png

I like the way the town looks in the winter. It fits the current tone pretty well.

It's a nice enough episode. There was something rather touching to the way that
Rakka and Reki acted towards each other, even though Reki was suffering and Rakka knew it.
But given how limp the things we do learn in this episode are, it was a little more boring than usual.

I suspect the final episodes will be different.

Jinrui 12

Great episode, great show. This was a really pleasant surprise for me, since I had no expectations for it going into this season, and everyone's positive comments about the first two episodes got me watching. And unlike Sankarea, it didn't totally shit the bed.

It's good to know that I can believe in things again.

duckroll

Personally, for airing schedules I use Moon Phase, because they update that shit really fast, and I can check it at a glance without filtering through shit.

For how long an upcoming or currently running show is, I use the "For new series... How many cour is it? How many episodes? When does it start airing?" 2ch thread. They always have people posting updates and changes, including sources. But it also requires a bit of filtering if you don't read it regularly, since well... it's a 2ch thread. I've never encounted a penis photo or goat sex stuff on that thread too, so that's a plus...

fertygo

Gundam AGE 48

You know your anime is bad when some random grunt steal the spotlight from your main chara in second to last episode.

Asemu still a boss though, the entire anime should just about him.. Instead got the smallest part between his douchebag father and emo kid of him.

Yay, just one more eps of this and we got Magi.

fertygo

Are the last 5 episodes of AGE worth watch just for the mecha action? Or should I continue to stay away?
Episode 45 is pretty good, have some of best action cut in this year too and the content itself should pretty enjoyable for people that stay away from it.

After that well its final battle with many emo moment that I think you not gonna give a damn (neither me)

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group H, Day 4 Results

H04
1st 293 Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
2nd 252 Izumi Akazawa @ Another
3rd 95 Mizuki Himeji @ Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu

H08
1st 237 Rika Furude @ When They Cry
2nd 235 Uta Mihirogi @ Saki
3rd 156 Ayumi Takahara @ The World God Only Knows

H12
1st 273 Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
2nd 237 Miu Amaha @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~
3rd 139 Himawari Furutani @ Yuru Yuri

-------------------------------------

With this, the first round of Saimoe 2012 is complete, and the number of competitors has been whittled down by 66%. A one day break, then we'll be back into things with the second round tomorrow.

ok it has ended, so it's time to watch this again

JINRUI - 01

iFeLdl.jpg

WHY ? i don't know (yet) is it a mistery ? i don't know .. in fact watching the first ep again i'm not even sure what's going on .

I do enjoy the main character monologues and reactions given what's happening to her and i'm not sure how i should feel to the rest of the cast yet ..
Anyway my memory is now fresh , time to watch ep 2.

Grzi

Hyouka - 22 (end)

What a great ending to an amazing show. Can't believe it's over, makes me sad. I'll definitely be watching this one again.

2012 really is the year anime was saved, so many great shows.

/XX/

Are the last 5 episodes of AGE worth watch just for the mecha action? Or should I continue to stay away?
Did you like the cool animation on episode 31, for example? Because Se-Jun Kim was back as mechanical animation director and key animator on episode 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom