• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Did you like the cool animation on episode 31, for example? Because Se-Jun Kim was back as mechanical animation director and key animator on episode 45.

I don't know. I haven't watched any of the garbage since ep2. Unlike other people here, when I dislike something, I stop watching it.

amxUBl.jpg
JINRUI - 02
I'm actually glad i waited before watching this anime.

EP2 was a pleasant experience.
It's weird .but Well it's logical !!

I'm actually surprised Going for ep3

/XX/

I don't know. I haven't watched any of the garbage since ep2. Unlike other people here, when I dislike something, I stop watching it.
Seems reasonable enough to me! In that case, these could probably pique your curiosity,
or practically show you much of this series worthiness (in terms of animation and overall) in the process
:

G AGE - 20話のものすごいアクション (Tanaka/Komatsu/Ootsuka) - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumvh5UjVHI

G AGE - 23話のアクション - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpUdZKdhAo

G AGE - 24話のアクション - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAoSJ945X24

G AGE - 31話のメカアクション - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeaN47U3UbQ

cajunator

Banned
Saimoe Round 1 - Group H, Day 4 Results

H04
1st 293 Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
2nd 252 Izumi Akazawa @ Another
3rd 95 Mizuki Himeji @ Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu

H08
1st 237 Rika Furude @ When They Cry
2nd 235 Uta Mihirogi @ Saki
3rd 156 Ayumi Takahara @ The World God Only Knows

H12
1st 273 Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
2nd 237 Miu Amaha @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~
3rd 139 Himawari Furutani @ Yuru Yuri

-------------------------------------

With this, the first round of Saimoe 2012 is complete, and the number of competitors has been whittled down by 66%. A one day break, then we'll be back into things with the second round tomorrow.

Its getting to the point where the outcome is so obvious. I have been able to guess just about every time correctly.

;P. I've been to busy lately, I need to draw up cajun's seal of cute and extollere's seal of NSFW.

I have faith in your art <3

duckroll

Seems reasonable enough to me! In that case, these could probably pique your curiosity,
or practically show you much of this series worthiness (in terms of animation and overall) in the process
:

G AGE - 20&#35441;&#12398;&#12418;&#12398;&#12377;&#12372;&#12356;&#12450;&#12463;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531; (Tanaka/Komatsu/Ootsuka) - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumvh5UjVHI

Looks crap to me. Can't stand the designs and the art direction (mostly the coloring too), so the entire scene just looks stupid and unappealing to me. Like two crappy plastic model toys being moved around and crappy effects being applied. The action was kinda flat too.

G AGE - 23&#35441;&#12398;&#12450;&#12463;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531; - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpUdZKdhAo

Only a little bit better. I think most of it looked pretty retarded too, but I did like some of the visor stuff on the heads, and how the Gundam turned his head before charging in one of the cuts. The explosions also look great, lots of depth. The rest is crap.

G AGE - 24&#35441;&#12398;&#12450;&#12463;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531; - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAoSJ945X24

There's some pretty good movement here, and things don't feel slow and lame, but the designs still look really childish and stupid. The way the battle is designed is dumb too, and doesn't feel really exciting. Nice effects though.

G AGE - 31&#35441;&#12398;&#12513;&#12459;&#12450;&#12463;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531; - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeaN47U3UbQ

Probably the only remotely creative action sequence out of the lot you linked. It's not bad, but it would be better without the totally offensive character designs appearing on screen from time to time. AGE truly has the most repulsive art from any Gundam series I've ever seen. :(

Kazzy

Tari Tari - Episode 12

x6fxk.jpg

Wien: Philosopher

The thawing of the vice-principal is complete!
Now I fully expect her to swoop in and help make the save during the finale.

Wien continues to be ridiculous, but in the best way possible. He deserves his own spin-off.

The property developer is such a cartoonish villain, and they probably could have kept this last minute drama without his inclusion. I felt as though the stakes were already high enough, but I guess they feel the need to emphasize the fact.

duckroll

Tari Tari - Episode 12

I feel the same way I did this week as I did last week. The episode is competent, and rather enjoyable because I can see where it's going to lead to and the character motivations and overall narrative arc make sense, but I wish it wasn't so predictable and generic in the general storytelling and message. Ultimately, I'll say this is an okay show, but there's really nothing particularly noteworthy, unique, or special about it. It's a dime a dozen in any medium, but it simply isn't offensive.

Kazzy

Tari Tari - Episode 12

Ultimately, I'll say this is an okay show, but there's really nothing particularly noteworthy, unique, or special about it. It's a dime a dozen in any medium, but it simply isn't offensive.

Pretty much, it has definitely become very workmanlike.

duckroll

Pretty much, it has definitely become very workmanlike.

Not everyone can be Ando. PA Works lacks true talent, and hence they try to rely on tried and proven techniques without really having any emotional investment in them. Lulz.

This is a huge improvement for the Tari Tari director though, since the Layton movie was fucking wretched. :)

AGE truly has the most repulsive art from any Gundam series I've ever seen. :(

No argument from me on that one. As for the last few episodes, there is some ok mecha action but it's framed around so much mediocrity/utter crap that it is hard to enjoy. At this point I'm just kind of watching for the lulz.

f2bc51438tecm.jpg

dat SHAFT merchandising for the KYOTO INTERNATIONAL MANGA ANIME FAIR 2012

&#20986;&#23637;&#20869;&#23481;:&#26360;&#31821;&#12289;&#12464;&#12483;&#12474;&#12398;&#36009;&#22770;
&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12302;&#12414;&#12376;&#12363;&#12427;&#12377;&#12356;&#12540;&#12392;&#12503;&#12522;&#12474;&#12512;&#12490;&#12490;&#12303;PV&#20844;&#38283;

Prism Nana PV? I hope it's a new PV and not the old Comiket announcement trailer.

Looks crap to me. Can't stand the designs and the art direction (mostly the coloring too), so the entire scene just looks stupid and unappealing to me. Like two crappy plastic model toys being moved around and crappy effects being applied. The action was kinda flat too.

Only a little bit better. I think most of it looked pretty retarded too, but I did like some of the visor stuff on the heads, and how the Gundam turned his head before charging in one of the cuts. The explosions also look great, lots of depth. The rest is crap.

There's some pretty good movement here, and things don't feel slow and lame, but the designs still look really childish and stupid. The way the battle is designed is dumb too, and doesn't feel really exciting. Nice effects though.

Probably the only remotely creative action sequence out of the lot you linked. It's not bad, but it would be better without the totally offensive character designs appearing on screen from time to time. AGE truly has the most repulsive art from any Gundam series I've ever seen. :(
I've watched 30 eps and i honnestly think gundam AGE is a waste of time...
I'll probably watch the rest when it ends ..but there is a high amount of "boring" & "bland" in gundam age ...and way too many useless characters ...

-----------

JINRUI - 03

I've learned the way of fanzine economics ..in a original way ..mankind might have declined but the hearts of the maidens is still the same !!
SO far this anime is pure gold

D:
Nendoroid
Miku is the least diabolical creation ever! She exists to spread love and cute to the world!

So much true in that statement.. Miku can do no wrong

duckroll

I've watched 30 eps and i honnestly thing gundam AGE is a waste of time...
I'll probably watch the rest when it ends ..but there is a high amount of "boring" & "bland" in gundam age ...and way too many useless characters ...

I felt it was a waste of time after two episodes because it was boring and bland (and ugly), which is why I stopped watching! I don't know why the rest of you continued! Lol. :(

Steroyd

La storia della Arcana Famiglia 12 (END):

Twelve weeks ago, this show began by promising the battle tournament to end all tournaments.

[...]

In sum, this show:

yeah...

Wow and to think I dropped this show ten minutes into the first episode because it was gearing up to be one giant tournament arc.
lol.gif

I felt it was a waste of time after two episodes because it was boring and bland (and ugly), which is why I stopped watching! I don't know why the rest of you continued! Lol. :(

the fate of a gundam fanatic .

Please don't pity me .. i'll watch to be able to tell just how awefull it was to the future generations.
The end of part 2 was soo bad .i couldn't continue anymore..

Grzi

The show isn't really worth your time unless you have to see everything Gundam related as I do, but I'd say the stuff he linked isn't really the best this show has to offer when it comes to fight animation, I even forgot about most of those scenes.
The show goes all out with the battles somewhere around episode 40, I'd say, and there has been a lot of great animation from that episode onwards, I'll try to find some stuff on youtube later, when I'm not in a hurry and post it here.

I could have told you that from my extensive experience of being burned by bad long form stories from Level 5! Every single one of their fucking RPGs! Hino sucks! >_<

I haven't had much experience with Level 5's work in the past, but now I know :(. Guess you could say we all watched AGE so you wouldn't have to.

BluWacky

Wow and to think I dropped this show ten minutes into the first episode because it was gearing up to be one giant tournament arc.
lol.gif

I'm pretty amazed at the audacity of the show to
cut from every single fight sequence
, but I suspect they thought the target audience wouldn't be interested (which is obviously bollocks, but hey, stereotypes!).

What doesn't surprise me is the ultimate end, that
the heroine doesn't choose any of them
. It's an otome game adaptation, and otome game adaptations always end that way, because
the viewer will always have their favourite boy and choosing any of them will anger a portion of the audience

/XX/

No argument from me on that one. As for the last few episodes, there is some ok mecha action but it's framed around so much mediocrity/utter crap that it is hard to enjoy. At this point I'm just kind of watching for the lulz.
Well, I can't deny any of that either, just giving some examples. There are little more videos with a decent selection of key scenes I can show from the latest episodes, except probably this one (specifically at the following time-stamps for the cuts of this series; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VWT6dbdjPIY#t=124s and http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VWT6dbdjPIY#t=195s).

Defuser

I'm pretty amazed at the audacity of the show to
cut from every single fight sequence
, but I suspect they thought the target audience wouldn't be interested (which is obviously bollocks, but hey, stereotypes!).

What doesn't surprise me is the ultimate end, that
the heroine doesn't choose any of them
. It's an otome game adaptation, and otome game adaptations always end that way, because
the viewer will always have their favourite boy and choosing any of them will anger a portion of the audience

I hate to say this but if Deen have handle this, it would have been much better LOL.

Grzi

I ended up doing the quickest and crappiest search for some well animated Gundam AGE scenes, there should be some better stuff around, but I thought this wasn't bad.

There's a nice short action scene in the second half of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxcnxG9I4VE

There are some nice bits here, although there are some bad parts with mechas depicted as balls of light flying around :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxycL3wejZ0&feature=related

There's some good stuff here, starting at 3:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7poMcz6XEkA

There should be some cool stuff here, too, you just need to skim through the video a bit, duckroll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KudH99U3MWQ

It still boggles my mind why Sunrise continues to air AGE when they killed After X because of poor ratings. AGE has even poorer ratings and DVD/BD sales are pretty much non-existent. Is Hino personally funding this shit or what? I want new proper Gundam seriessss

Dresden

It still boggles my mind why Sunrise continues to air AGE when they killed After X because of poor ratings. AGE has even poorer ratings and DVD/BD sales are pretty much non-existent. Is Hino personally funding this shit or what? I want new proper Gundam seriessss

Sunk costs, probably.

I really hope Yui exits SAO very soon. Either by death, or handing her off to an actual adult.

Yui makes Silica look like a decent character by comparison.

Jex

[Hyouka] - 22

I know, er, many things have already been said about this episode but I didn't see anyone mention this:

Hyouka22.jpg

During Oreki's travels to meet up with Chitanda he literally crosses a bridge of no return. This bridge is obviously relevant to the plot later on but I don't think it's symbolic important can be overstated.
We may not see Oreki and Chitanda's relationship change in quite that way but we do get an extremely clear insight into Oreki's feelings about Chitanada at the end of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom