• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I guess they really don't need to ever put out a PV for Psycho-Pass at this rate. The pre-screening event with tickets going for 3000yen each is completely sold out, and now tickets are appearing on Yahoo Auctions. People are bidding too, it looks like they're going for over twice the price at least.
Is Yahoo popular in Japan or is it illegal to post tickets on ebay?

[Sword Art Online] - 10

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/sao10_zps65836cd9.png[IMG]

[B]I can't really be the only one who finds this [I]extremely[/I] suspicious?[/B] Considering that everyone in this gameworld is extremely quick to attack beta players because of the advantage they had on normal players you'd think that someone would find someone who has never lost over 50% of their health suspicious.
[/QUOTE]
Everyone was suspicious , untill he told everyone that he has a unique skill ( like kirito ) ..
As you saw unique skills that makes him quite cheated as a player. now when you factor that he is leading the strongest guild in the entire world , you bet nobody saw his life bar in yellow.
[QUOTE]
I guess some stuff happened between Kirito and Asuna but as they're both extremely bland characters it was entirely unmemorable. Unless one of them is about to die I catch myself tuning out when they talk to each other for any extended period of time.[/QUOTE]

Lol you'll love next episode , then /RoFL/

Jarmel

Banned
I guess they really don't need to ever put out a PV for Psycho-Pass at this rate. The pre-screening event with tickets going for 3000yen each is completely sold out, and now tickets are appearing on Yahoo Auctions. People are bidding too, it looks like they're going for over twice the price at least.

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m104886863
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/159177292
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h168403499

Seems like events like these would always sell out.

I think a big chunk of this might be Motohiro's name. Either way PP looks to be doing gangbusters. I wonder when Funimation is going to announce the localization and streaming.

Jews are shady as fuck. I got invited to a bat mitzvah when I was twelve once and they tried to force their Jewish agenda on me by feeding me bagels with lox. Almost got inducted into the worldwide Jewish conspiracy via the Jewish Illuminati (aka the Illuminati) too.
At least you didn't have to wear one of their devious mind-control caps. I've never been the same since.

Branduil

Jews are shady as fuck. I got invited to a bat mitzvah when I was twelve once and they tried to force their Jewish agenda on me by feeding me bagels with lox. Almost got inducted into the worldwide Jewish conspiracy via the Jewish Illuminati (aka the Illuminati) too.

Bagels, it's always bagels. Why do bagels taste so good? It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

cajunator

Banned

Try not being jewish but having the last name "Jue"

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Didn't we already establish that Saban is hatching nefarious conspiracies in the name of a different religion?

AZuDil.jpg

aEGeBl.jpg

That's kind of neat in an insane sort of way.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Element Hunters 05-08:

Swords made of chlorine, mud boggarts, illicit meat pastries, and crystal chickens that become enraged at the sight of the human ass. This is the least-educational educational show ever.

Needed more Juno.

Zeroth

It's not their fault if people didn't pre-order their tickets like the true fans did.

Qwaser of Stigmata II 12
The revelation that Edgar is a guy was not at all shocking. His name is Edgar for heaven's sake. In the end love triumphs over evil boob sucking vampires.
What a bunch of fucking teases though. God I hope they get around to making a 3rd season, or I'm going to have to read manga.
...I guess I should get to reading then.
Qwaser II is mostly more of what you love of the first season, just with more fan service episodes. I can see why they went to adapting Manyuu Hikenchou afterwards.
Qwaser > Queen's Blade.

Level-E english trailer is up.

I'm pretty much a dub apologist, but Vic Mignogna doesn't sound anything how I expect the prince to sound.

Edit: "Humanity just got punked"? What the hell Funimation? I usually enjoy your trailers.

Dont recall hearing nothing about it, probably will just stream it on their site when they finish the durb, but I dont think something I would buy just based on this one trailer alone.

Decent voice stuff, though isnt he also in tons of their stuff now too?

wonzo

Banned
DVD release.
Kuroko no Basuke 11,730+*9,608=21,338 (2+) (Production I.G)
2012/07/27 11,381 Vol. 1 (Two episodes)
2012/08/24 12,079 Vol. 2 (Three episodes up to current volume)
2012/07/27 *9,143 Vol. 1
2012/08/24 10,072 Vol. 2 (Three episodes up to current volume)

Bold = BD

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Who would pay to dub this anyways?
Funimation insists on dub-only... because I'm sure a lot of their business comes from the fans who adore the US voice actors.

2012/07/27 *9,143 Vol. 1

Bold = BD
Still lower than the DVD numbers. I have to imagine the bulk of the BD numbers come from the few men who actually like the series (sorry guys, I didn't mean that as a passive aggressive insult... really. :p).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
2012/07/27 *9,143 Vol. 1

Bold = BD

welp, I guess that the fujoshi of Japan are finally buying PS3s. Progress.

2012/07/27 *9,143 Vol. 1

Bold = BD

Truly deserves it solid production all around with a great cast of characters /Kuroko/Kise/Kagami, Midorima/Takao, Sakurai, etc. I think its also highest rated anime of both its two seasons, so its quality too.

jbug617

Banned
Truly deserves it solid production all around with a great cast of characters /Kuroko/Kise/Kagami, Midorima/Takao, Sakurai, etc. I think its also highest rated anime of both its two seasons, so its quality too.

The manga and the light novels are also selling. In the manga right now
they are close to completing the Winter Cup so if they take a season off they can have the Winter Cup complete if they have a second season.

Articalys

Yep, looks like that Jormungand collaboration was for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. No details on what exactly it entails yet, though.
A billboard at the Chūō Dōri road in Tokyo's Akihabara district is revealing on Thursday that a "Joint Operation" is launching between Keitarō Takahashi's Jormungand manga/anime and the American first-person shooter game Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The October issue of Shueisha's Monthly Sunday GX magazine had revealed on Wednesday that a collaboration between Jormungand and an unnamed, "hugely popular" game is in the works.

Nafe

Well, I do too, for obvious reasons.
Was just explaining why I made that reaction.

Ah, okay. I just wondered if you might go the latter way because of Seikon no Qwaser.
I was kind of surprised you hadn't seen the second season yet, the show seems practically made for you right? As for a third season, I think the BD/DVD sales numbers weren't very high from what I can remember reading here in the thread.

I think this could also function as a general animation interest thread when we want to share detailed impressions like that - I mean, this is the community forum, and we've had the occasional diversion to discussions of WDAS, Korra, MLP, and whatnot.

Yeah, as a quick one off I figured it should be okay. Like you mentioned, the thread has gone off topic before and I thought dealing somewhat still with animation, even if it was a bit different, was still relevant and maybe more interesting to the thread, in comparison to the usual "waifu wars". Plus, some people talk about live action adaptations but they're still relevant too because people compare plot points or maybe the difference it how shots are framed or progressed taking advantage of the two different mediums styles.

icarus-daedelus said:
Yes, it's supposed to be unsettling and emphasize the storybook aspect of the film; consider Alice's Adventures in Wonderland's origins as an oral story told by Charles Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) to Alice Liddell & her sisters.

Yeah, I thought that was supposed to reflect the original storybook origins. I forgot to mention it in my initial impressions and then again in my responses to Ultimadrago but Ultimadrago mentioned there was a lack of music, also reflecting the dream like nature in the film. This kind of reminded me of when I watched Night on the Galactic Railroad, about a couple of months ago now I guess it's been, where quite often there are long stretches without any music and just the use of sound effects.

B-b-but the
talking sock
!

The
talking sock was the caterpillar though.
Unless I'm missing a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom