• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

BTW guys, I found the original Hyouka volume 1 cover:

iIOCXraKXqEB4.jpg

Lain

Ginga e Kickoff!! 18

Good episodes keep on coming here! The match was great, with some nice plays and lots of camaraderie. The last play especially, it was a really nice gesture from the triplet toward Shou.
Also based on the preview, 19 is gonna be awesome.

Nafe

Oh it's a very :chet show for sure, But I didn't watch the first season of Qwaser until after I watched Manyuu Hikenchou which is probably even more to my liking. And I just kept putting off watching the second season for some reason. Not sure why.

If I knew that then I forgotten. I was thinking you had seen Seikon no Qwaser first.

Heh. That's what I meant.

Ah, okay. I went back and checked about
the mouse and it was him

All very valid points (in particular, good animation from countries not named Japan is definitely a more worthwhile topic of discussion than waifus in SAO, IMNSHO) but maybe I'm just looking for another excuse to plug Hungarian animated wonder The Son of The White Mare.

That might be kind of interesting, I'll have to see if I can watch it sometime. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I'll have to raise that film up on my priority list then; sounds like good stuff.

Oh you haven't seen Night on the Galactic Railroad yet? It's an interesting film and of the type I think you'll enjoy.

I wanted to go there but I chose otherwise. You're braver than I.

I don't think I'll do it again, it was just sort of a spur of the moment thing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You're Under Arrest OVA 2

Just as good as the first one, so much beautiful animation everywhere. And I like the characters and setting and plot. I just wonder how much of a hit the series will take when I reach the TV episodes...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Saint Seiya Omega 20
Now that was a bit more like what I want from a Saint Seiya anime. Melodrama! Histrionics! People punching each other! Gravitas where there should be none! Too bad they wasted their "one good-looking Umakoshi episode out of every ten" budget on one where nothing happened until the last five minutes. :/
Polar Bear's Cafe 1

Fucking Pandas!
Welcome to the anime of the year.
Ginga e Kickoff!! 18

Good episodes keep on coming here! The match was great, with some nice plays and lots of camaraderie. The last play especially, it was a really nice gesture from the triplet toward Shou.
Also based on the preview, 19 is gonna be awesome.
I hope the Predators lose.

cajunator

Banned
Going through my Fate Zero BD box and none of the episodes in the second half has the same hilariously inflated runtimes as those from the first half. Boo. :(

mine shipped out on the 17th. Should arrive soon :D
Shame about not having a lot of extra content. Is the package similar to the first with a drama cd and soundtrack and booklet?

It's got flashy action, gratuitous gore, lots of destruction, and bare boobs - everything you'd want from your 90s anime!

So its like Plastic Little then?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
mine shipped out on the 17th. Should arrive soon :D
Shame about not having a lot of extra content. Is the package similar to the first with a drama cd and soundtrack and booklet?

So its like Plastic Little then?

Since when does Plastic Little have gratuitous gore?

Jex

Going through my Fate Zero BD box and none of the episodes in the second half has the same hilariously inflated runtimes as those from the first half. Boo. :(

This is the worst possible news.

Well, I suppose not the worst possible, that might be hyperbolic on my part, but after all the expanded episodes we got for the first half it's almost disappointing. Which is interesting because it's not normally the kind of thing that you'd get dissapointed about, but I guess they just set a precedent with their earlier release that I'd expected them to follow.

I assume the reason for this is that they got through all the material in the amount of time allowed for TV broadcast and therefore they didn't need to add too much extra.

Branduil

Well, I suppose not the worst possible, that might be hyperbolic on my part, but after all the expanded episodes we got for the first half it's almost disappointing. Which is interesting because it's not normally the kind of thing that you'd get dissapointed about, but I guess they just set a precedent with their earlier release that I'd expected them to follow.

I assume the reason for this is that they got through all the material in the amount of time allowed for TV broadcast and therefore they didn't need to add too much extra.

That's plainly not true in the case of
Lancelot
, though.

cajunator

Banned

I assume the reason for this is that they
gotthrough all the material in the amount of time allowed for TV broadcast and therefore they didn't need to add too much extra.

The second boxset is a little bit cheaper.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Polar Bear Café 21
yo dawg i put some furries inside your furries so you can yiff while you yiff

I love how nobody bats an eyelid at a hypothetical badger x human relationship. What a progressive society.

Looks like they heard my whining:
Fate/Zero - Fin~

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get that we can only see the real Fate/Zero on BD. What was the point of watching a blatantly incomplete and inferior version of the show?
Success.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 16

Can't say I've ever seen someone so happy to go to war before. A slightly tweaked OP for a brand new arc focused on conquering the various states. Hopefully the ever decreasing amount of CG in this show becomes a trend.

ibr6DtbFzVhxzG.gif

Jex

What Jewish connections are we talking about here Novid?
You're replying seriously to his comment.
Jews are shady as fuck. I got invited to a bat mitzvah when I was twelve once and they tried to force their Jewish agenda on me by feeding me bagels with lox. Almost got inducted into the worldwide Jewish conspiracy via the Jewish Illuminati (aka the Illuminati) too.

I'm pretty sure that I remember that scene from Angel Cop.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why was Chet banned?
2zyNZ.gif

I first thought it was because he went too far with a Qwaser pic but that doesn't seem to be the case. K-On side and Pokémon don't show anything obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom