• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Not bad. Not bad at all. I'm not sure if "apartment complex" was a term used back then, though.

I'm sure you're right. I don't know what it was, I'd have to research it. I just liked the idea of paying a security deposit to a warden and ran with it. ;P

duckroll

I really hope that they put this up on the English PSN with subtitles, like they've been doing for Gundam Unicorn. I need more Geass in my life!

Yeah considering they'll have English subtitles on the blu-ray in Jan, I don't see what they have to lose here.

Firemind

The OVA special is part of the first season, taking place between episode 8 and 9, so not only do you lack a sense of humour, but you're wrong as well.

Andrew J.

Well, pretty much every major series has wrapped up for this season and we've basically exhausted all the material regarding upcoming shows. This is usually the point in a thread's lifecycle where everyone talks about older shows that they're currently watching but that doesn't seem to happening particularly frequently at the moment. I guess lots of people are also going back to school or whatever at this time.

Also, kayos90 is banned right now. I'm sure that contributes.

Yeesh, can you imagine if kayos and cajunator were banned at the same time? We'd barely make two pages a day!

Branduil

i631iPwDE7xLU.gif

I think they reused all of their sets from Fate/Zero, lol.

To be honest I was not impressed with the animation/direction in that intro. Feels like Ufotable phoned this one in.

duckroll

I think they reused all of their sets from Fate/Zero, lol.

To be honest I was not impressed with the animation/direction in that intro. Feels like Ufotable phoned this one in.

Might get better when they get to the UBW and HF openings. This is just for Fate. Also, considering this is for a Vita game, I can't see anyone really putting in much effort as it is. What's the point?! :D

Branduil

Might get better when they get to the UBW and HF openings. This is just for Fate. Also, considering this is for a Vita game, I can't see anyone really putting in much effort as it is. What's the point?! :D

Poor Vita, it's the like the
Kayneth
of consoles.

Branduil

Also, kayos90 is banned right now. I'm sure that contributes.

Yeesh, can you imagine if kayos and cajunator were banned at the same time? We'd barely make two pages a day!

It does seem to have had an effect, we're unlikely to make it to 20,000 posts before the Fall OT.

Hmm, I wonder if kayos did that just so he would win that argument...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Well, pretty much every major series has wrapped up for this season and we've basically exhausted all the material regarding upcoming shows. This is usually the point in a thread's lifecycle where everyone talks about older shows that they're currently watching but that doesn't seem to happening particularly frequently at the moment. I guess lots of people are also going back to school or whatever at this time.

Did the last OT discuss Jormungand at all?

We can talk about that and how awesome season/cour 2 is going to be. Everyone should talk about Jormungand. It's too bad everyone hates it instead :(

Blame White Fox.

Maybe it's because I didn't know who they were beforehand or because I have shit taste or something, but I had no issues with the animation itself.

Defuser

We can talk about that and how awesome season/cour 2 is going to be. Everyone should talk about Jormungand. It's too bad everyone hates it instead :(

Can't help it considering how boring it is. Only thing has it good is "Her name is Koko she's a loco I say oh no!"

survivor

Banned
Natsuyuki Rendezvous 11

Well, I'm glad this is over cause I don't think I could have taken another episode of
Shimao acting like an asshole while he is inside Hazuki's body and Hazuki wandering around aimlessly.
Main problem of the second half of the series was the pointless, boring, repetitive
fairy tale dream sequences with Hazuki.
Sure, they looked pretty, but after the first couple times, they lost any charm they had in the first place.

Sudden huge ass timeskip ending was bad. I'm curious if the manga at least had a chapter or two about their lives after they got married or just anything else instead of pictures on a table.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Maybe it's because I didn't know who they were beforehand or because I have shit taste or something, but I had no issues with the animation itself.
I posted about it a few times. Some of it was positive. Other stuff wasn't. Also, someone else uses your avatar already.

Tomat

Can't help it considering how boring it is. Only thing has it good is "Her name is Koko she's a loco I say oh no!"
The words to that song were the worst part about it :(
I posted about it a few times. Some of it was positive. Other stuff wasn't. Also, someone else uses your avatar already.
I haven't seen it before so I'll need you to point me in the right direction. This is serious business that needs to be sorted out ASAP.

I haven't seen it before so I'll need you to point me in the right direction. This is serious business that needs to be sorted out ASAP.

I posted my final thoughts on it

Jormungand
tumblr_m5ys5yWotN1rtmvk7o1_250.jpg

These crossover arts, nice. Anyway the ending could have really been better. Its speaks volumes when the actual intriguing stuff is all that happens in the preview of the first episode of the second half than the entire contents of the episode itself. Really am hyped about the next half as this Valmet arc was awful.

The anime was plagued with way too many yuri'ish moments and shower scenes, as well as just at times uninteresting plot points or focusing on the worst characters. Why so much focus on Valmet who has such a terrible personality. Actual good and cool characters, like Jonah and Lutz (the best two in the group), could have been utilized way more. Also the art for the anime is odd, why so many bushy brows and etc? Gun stuff was good as well as some action scenes, oh and the best song is Time to Attack

6 / 10.

Novid

Banned
I kid, I kid, I love Hyouka.

This reminds me that I really wish that Crunchyroll would pick up Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL. Cardfight! Vanguard is cost-effective for them but this wouldn't be?

I'm pretty sure Crunchyroll puts bids on just about any new TV anime out there, so if they don't license a show it's not because they don't want to.

Yugi-Oh WAS going to Crunchy's hands but the way they wanted to get it was shady as fuck. Konami and Saban's deal was the only way to keep the show on air. Konami knows next to nothing about US TV and Saban has all of his hollywood (read Jewish) connections.

Tomat

I posted my final thoughts on it (how in the world does one quote posts from closed threads?)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39340029&postcount=17017
Good criticisms all around, I agree with just about everything you said. The show wasn't mindblowing and didn't have incredible production values. The good parts were good enough for me to let some of the bad stuff go I guess.
Actual good and cool characters, like Jonah and Lutz (the best two in the group), could have been utilized way more.
Absolutely. They really should get their own episodes in season two.

Qwaser of Stigmata II 11
What is this, normal breast feeding? What is this nonsense?
This episode is basically a sequel to the extra episode from the first season, same villains and everything.
Save for the scene with the girls sitting in massage chairs, the animation was about as bare bones as you could get. I wouldn't say it was awful, but it was a big step down from the earlier episodes. They're probably saving up their budget for this last episode.
pkhT3.jpg

I don't remember this in Titanic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I complained about how the shooting didn't seem real at all because everyone looked like they were shooting water guns.

I think I also wished it was a better show, because a series with a premise based around a more "adult" version of The A-Team but with infinite resources should be the best thing ever but it's not. :(

wonzo

Banned
Yugi-Oh WAS going to Crunchy's hands but the way they wanted to get it was shady as fuck. Konami and Saban's deal was the only way to keep the show on air. Konami knows next to nothing about US TV and Saban has all of his hollywood (read Jewish) connections.
. . .

3Kaze

Are you saying the God Eater 2 OP will suck? Well, at least there's still TOX2 .

Ryuukan

Tell us how you really feel about Hollywood, Mel.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't recall much of the weapon animations, but the sounds were pretty awful.
Everything about it was fairly awful. Even the direction of the action scenes. I mean, I'm the jerk who watched Act of Valor because I'm still dudebro enough that I think watching real Navy Seals and SWCC crews wreck shit is cool, but Jormungand's shooting scenes were just boring.

Yet I'm still going to watch S2 anyway. :/

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

If you're talking about the avatar I couldn't point you to where it is. It's too hard for me to track down but I assure you that I've seen it before. If you're talking about Jormungand baloney that's here. And here I guess.

Tomat

Good to know there will be at least one other person to discuss S2 with!

Branduil

Is there something wrong with having Jewish connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom