• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
(Nerawareta Gakuen, that is)

A slightly spoilery synopsis is here. It reveals more than the Japanese promotional material does, and the trailers are placing much more emphasis on the romantic elements of the story rather than the sci-fi.

Sounds somewhat interesting, why does everything have to be set in highschool though. :(

BluWacky

Sounds somewhat interesting, why does everything have to be set in highschool though. :(

NeraGaku is a "classic" kids' novel, with several film and TV adaptations already made. This isn't a film for grown-ups by any means. I know that it doesn't answer your point, but the target audience is in highschool!

Those character designs are so bad. :(
I'm not sure I have a problem with the designs themselves or if it's just the coloring, but yeah, the characters look really offputting. If the concept(and sexchart.jpg) weren't so compelling, I wouldn't even bother.

They look so flat and...soulless. It's like that terrifying devil child from Tari Tari.

In motion they look considerably better, but they never totally shed that awkwardness.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You should probably be the person most upset with the show if you weren't so much like Chitose.

ifa8IoXXVoki2.gif

I'm easy to please. :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not that it didn't come up with a few good moments, but the show played it incredibly safe with characters, incredibly safe with the story, incredibly safe with the humor, and incredibly safe with the lesbian content. S2 ep 12 really encapsulates this with the most rote rendition of a bad Snow White play. Even when they tried to actually DO something it was played safe then written off entirely.

Yuru must mean "coward".
Not that I strongly disagree with you, but I'm not really sure what your expectations were. It's a light comedy, and something equally or more condemning could be said of nearly every show this season outside of Humanity Has Declined.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Not that I strongly disagree with you, but I'm not really sure what your expectations were. It's a light comedy, and something equally or more condemning could be said of nearly every show this season outside of Humanity Has Declined.
Anime Has Declined.

Hey guys, have any of the fall shows started yet? Or is there a chart or somewhere where I can read about the previews?

What are you guys looking forward to?

Zetsuen no Tempest cause the source story is from the writer of my favorite manga ever and has awesome designed characters.

Btooom! simply because it has the best song thus far for the fall

Little Busters! for school friendship

I guess Im looking forward to roughly 13 of the anime.

/XX/

e: is it my fate to always be old?
Close call, man... now this makes me remember those users on other sections of this forum that compete to post a thread with the first news from a conference without anymore information, and I don't like that at all. Sorry, Dresden!

I love the fact that "moe" is a real tag.
It really can mean anything, everything and nothing... but above all it is a cheap lure now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
=\
I like these titles better when I don't understand them (even if I kinda do).

Come to think of it, I actually didn't know that the title meant either outside of the Chuunibyou part. Knowing now certainly doesn't increase my expectations, if anything.

/XX/

Come to think of it, I actually didn't know that the title meant either outside of the Chuunibyou part. Knowing now certainly doesn't increase my expectations, if anything.
They should have used "pretentious hipster bullshit" for that, like some translators do...

Thoraxes

Eureka 7 AO - 21

I love this show.

Also it's like 10x more fun if you watch it buzzed and just chill the fuck out.

Chiaki Omigawa <3

Lacus even got to (briefly) pilot the Infinite Justice. Well, more like just sat in it, but still. Would've been funny if she'd become hot-blooded and violent if given the chance to be a regular pilot ;).

Also, never forget that Destiny gave us the pinnacle of mech design:

LOLOLOLOLOL

Im really wondering why Lacus is a Gundam pilot in Dynasty Warriors Gundam now.
Kept expecting her to pilot one, got to that point and thought "this is it!"....
LOL

Meh, there was so much pink and light purple in Seed I was numb to it by that time.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
NeraGaku is a "classic" kids' novel, with several film and TV adaptations already made. This isn't a film for grown-ups by any means. I know that it doesn't answer your point, but the target audience is in highschool!

Ahh, this is the kind of thing I wanted to know about. That makes it a lot more clear, thanks.

Kagami

It's in the format of "Even <type of people> want to find love!"
Like, "Even GAFfers want to find love!" except with "chuunibyou" in place of "GAFfers."

cajunator

Banned
Saimoe Round 2 - Groups A & B, Day 3 Results

A3
1st 300 Yuuki Kataoka @ Saki
2nd 165 Reika Aoki @ Smile Pretty Cure!
3rd 129 Tsukasa Ayatsuji @ Amagami SS

B3
1st 359 Akari Akaza @ Yuru Yuri
2nd 209 Azusa Nakano @ K-On!
3rd 69 Run @ A Channel

------------------------------------------

Today's match previews:

- Yuno vs. Koromo vs. Miki

- Mei vs. Yozora vs. Minna

Another simple choice. Yuno and Mei <3

Colorful!! *_*

New From The New World CMs

&#26032;&#19990;&#30028;&#12424;&#12426;PR-spot15
http://youtu.be/rnIJi504iN4
&#26032;&#19990;&#30028;&#12424;&#12426;PR-spot30
http://youtu.be/t3FF8NDXNTg

I like the art style. the character designs are a bit bland but red hair girl is definitely the best.

strange way to write Prism Nana

give me the new PV, Shaft!

Cannot. wait. for. this.

Little Busters!

&#12522;&#12488;&#12523;&#12496;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#12474;&#65281;&#12288;&#26032;CM &#26839;Ver
http://youtu.be/iLzKwPUjJfc

well, it's Key

If its Key, its on my watch list. I know these shows are not everyones cup of aloe vera but I cant stop watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom