• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's in the format of "Even <type of people> want to find love!"
Like, "Even GAFfers want to find love!" except with "chuunibyou" in place of "GAFfers."

Is there a difference? GAF is basically trapped in adolescence. (snark snark)

Dresden

Is there a difference? GAF is basically trapped in adolescence. (snark snark)

Feels good man.

ibjLoAB70imxHQ.gif

All day.

Jex

[Cross Game] - 3

The art in this episode was kind of unspeakable, but I still lack the show. If I had wonzo's GIF powers I'd show you a sight to rival all the powers of Kingdom. Be grateful that you do not have to witness it here.

There was one really weird joke that totally fell flat though - the whole scenario revolving around Kou being called in for allegedly stealing a leotard. It felt like a 'joke' that someone else wrote into the script without any discernible punchline.

Horizon II 10

Woo, action everywhere. Lots of good fights going on with really good showing from the writer using giant mechas and the ship battles as well. It's also great to see more of the cast get into the battle and doing what they do well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

So I don't really import much, but given that one of my most wanted items is an Aria-sachou plush, when the Rinon plushes became available, I figured that I should order them now rather than regret not having them later. So cute.

(I also have those two other "mistakes" there, but what can you do. :p
I do like how in Japan they make the plastic easier to take off of their games. I guess they don't have to worry about shoplifters there. lol)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Not that I strongly disagree with you, but I'm not really sure what your expectations were. It's a light comedy, and something equally or more condemning could be said of nearly every show this season outside of Humanity Has Declined.

I must say I agree with Hito. I was hoping that they'd start this season from where they left us in the first and things would get more and more absurd. Instead we got boring Chizuru's clone and a disappointingly tame Akari's sister.

I still enjoyed the show, though.

what maps?

iOS doesn't use Google Maps anymore. Now it uses Shitty Maps.

OceanBlue

So I don't really import much, but given that one of my most wanted items is an Aria-sachou plush, when the Rinon plushes became available, I figured that I should order them now rather than regret not having them later. So cute.

I do like how in Japan they make the plastic easier to take off of their games. I guess they don't have to worry about shoplifters there. lol)

I made the "mistake" of getting Idolm@ster 2 as well. The worst part is that text auto-scrolls so I can't even spend forever looking things up.

Kazzy

Doesn't that K-ON! port have significant input lag?

Jex

firehawk12, is that you? I feel like we're seeing into a new side of your personality that was hitherto masked from the world. That plushie does look pretty good though.

Thoraxes

Joshiraku - 11

Gan should be everybody's mom as it will warm her violent heart.
The clothes explosion and hunting in the room LOL
It truly was the best decorated tree, and that's what Christmas is all about.

Kagami

Rinon plushes so tempting...

Firemind

Horizon II 10

Woo, action everywhere. Lots of good fights going on with really good showing from the writer using giant mechas and the ship battles as well. It's also great to see more of the cast get into the battle and doing what they do well.

I should catch up on this again.

If only for the epic boobage.

Accel World 24 (end)
tumblr_mapylbtC2o1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The whole fight was just mindboggling amazing. Last episode was flashy and this was just plain even more flashy and epic. Loved it so much.
Gale Thruster + Laser Sword + plus Sky Laker and Black Lotus helping him out with that additional boost and Chiyu's final move was all so awesome!

Incarnation System was the anime's best thing ever and I loved how all of this ending episode played out
Sky Laker and Kuroyukihime reunion, glimpses of everyone else, and then the changed Noumi, and Taku's tears and awkward teenage love with Haru and Kuroyukihime, joyous, but ultimately shocked that Haru actually did "defeat" Noumi causing him to lose Brain Burst, that whole scene and this moment, was intense.

Overall Accel World is definitely in my top five this year, good flashy action, friendship bonds being meaningful all throughout, power to believe being worthwhile, good antagonists, and good characters, awesome soundtrack. Wasnt initially sold of Haru, but beyond the overly healthy character design, still good. Noumi, Taku, Haru, Crikin my favorite characters. 10/10. I want a season 2.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Accel World 23
Why, why would you introduce a CG avatar now? And this show looked so good before.

I don't understand what's the point of having
Kuroyukihime save everyone's butts at the last moment
. It undermines whatever character development Cartman-kun was getting throughout this arc. He's gonna go back to his whiny ways now.

One more episode. Shit's gonna suck, I tell ya.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now I don't watch the show but isn't Accel World based in an online game so technically aren't all the avatars CG?

Just went to youtube to show my bros some funny K-On scenes and persuade them to watch it, there are hardly any wth. There were so many funny moments in both seasons.

Knight in the Area 36

Wait next week is the final episode?! But we didnt even get through more of the tournament and etc...There could have been advance notice or something.

Kind of a dull match to be the last one, though I cant wait to see how they breakthrough New Total Football.

jbug617

Banned
Knight in the Area 36

Wait next week is the final episode?! But we didnt even get through more of the tournament and etc...There could have been advance notice or something.

Kind of a dull match to be the last one, though I cant wait to see how they breakthrough New Total Football.

No it's suppose to continue in Fall.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 24 -END-

Well, that definitely felt like a finale, that's for sure. As in: the first half was pretty good, and the second was pretty bad.

The final fight was delicious. It didn't make up for this shitty arc, but
the way Noumi went out
satisfied me. For a second there I was scared
that Chiyu would ruin everything, but she didn't. And then a couple of seconds later I thought Haruyuki would let Noumi go. That would've made me so mad. But he didn't! Yeah!

Then came the second half and the tears and the blah blah blah, whatever.

I found it cool that they
teased more lolis for Haruyuki's harem
during the final minute, though.

Overall, the show was pretty fun to watch. It had many cool sakuga moments, some satisfying character development (despite the fact that this arc undermined all previous progress), and dat OST. The harem stuff wasn't actually that bad (aside from a couple of Chiyu and Niko scenes); it felt kind of tongue-in-cheek, to be honest... But it did label this as a show that can't be enjoyed by everyone.

Hopefully we'll get a season 2, and hopefully it won't take a detour to Shitty Town in its second half like this one did.

survivor

Banned
Tamayura ~hitotose~ 1

There were lots of tears in this episode which is unexpected considering it's the first one. Anyway what I really liked the most is all these answers and explanations to things that happened in the OVA. It's really satisfying seeing the ticket arrive and where the camera case came from.

New Prince of Tennis OVA special 1

I liked seeing so many of them again especially Ryoma with the Ken plot, liked that match. The others were fun especially Eiji playing with himself, and the others getting the tissues.

It will be funny if we get more tennis matches in these specials than that which we got during the season...

No it's suppose to continue in Fall.

But the episode even said next week is "the final episode" :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura ~hitotose~ 1

There were lots of tears in this episode which is unexpected considering it's the first one. Anyway what I really liked the most is all these answers and explanations to things that happened in the OVA. It's really satisfying seeing the ticket arrive and where the camera case came from.
Ah, you're onto the series! I hope you still like it after the slight character shift!

Rinon plushes so tempting...
Yeah, I couldn't resist. I figure in lieu of the show actually coming here (and who knows if it'll get picked up), I can buy some plushies. lol

firehawk12, is that you? I feel like we're seeing into a new side of your personality that was hitherto masked from the world. That plushie does look pretty good though.
Don't worry, that's about as far down the rabbit hole that I'm willing to go. Well, unless of course I can find an Aria-sachou plush somewhere.

Doesn't that K-ON! port have significant input lag?
Yeah, it does. But the alternative is getting the PSP version and I'm kind of over that now. lol

I made the "mistake" of getting Idolm@ster 2 as well. The worst part is that text auto-scrolls so I can't even spend forever looking things up.
Auto scrolling text? Urgh how terrible.

My respect for iDOLM@STER has dwindled.

Life is sour.
Well, I can't say that I'd be reading it if I did play it seriously. It seems to have a fairly extensive guide anyhow.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Welcome To The NHK 1-24
It was pretty boring, predictable, and on the nose. Most of the time it was also fairly long winded, taking forever to really say anything, and when the words finally came out they weren't particularly moving, unique, or substantial. It really didn't do very much for me, and it certainly didn't help that every character was fairly one-dimensional.

Narag

Gintama 32

Well now, I didn't realize how much I appreciated Gin's normal characterization until I went without for a while.

cajunator

Banned
Welcome To The NHK 1-24

It was pretty boring, predictable, and on the nose. Most of the time it was also fairly long winded, taking forever to really say anything, and when the words finally came out they weren't particularly moving, unique, or substantial. It really didn't do very much for me, and it certainly didn't help that every character was fairly one-dimensional.

Completely disagree.
This show felt pretty special.
I have rewatched it at least 5 times.
something about the characters and how they were all fucked up in very human ways.
Its also a rather depressing show and it hits the subject matter squarely on the head.
Plus Misaki is suuuuuuuuper cute!

Joe Molotov

Interesting choice for best girl, but at least you're watching the show!

Well, I'm only one episode into them having the full team, so it's subject to change. I may still switch to Team Yayoi, as she is ultra moe. Wait, is there a Team Yayoi? Am I completely off the reservation here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom