• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoof

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I hope I continue to have more time to watch anime because I definitely missed it and there's too many good shows out there I haven't seen.

It seemed promissing based on the first episode when I started to watch it a few months ago but I heard sad things happen in it and I chickened out and dropped it (around the same time I dropped Madoka).

I always hope to watch two episodes or so from a legal stream before I do a blind buy, but since I enjoyed the soundtrack from the series I may just give in and purchase it anyway.

NewFresh

All about that Zoicite and Pimpzite Kunzite in the live action.

vrlwN.jpg

Need to keep that pimp hand strong.

Defuser

Sword Art Online ep 12
Goddamn, how many young kids are playing SAO? Kirito has gone Neo with his mad hacker skills. What things this guy can't do? Slightly disappointed the show didn't flesh out what happen to the army.

Nafe

All about that Zoicite and Pimpzite Kunzite in the live action.

Yeah, while Beryl, Zoicite, and Kunzite are all upgraded in the live action version, Nephrite is just whiny, petty, and small.

Jadeite is still Jadeite, but no jazz theme.

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason why I don't like him much, he really just becomes everyone in the Dark Kingdom's whipping boy, from what I've seen so far.

It's true Jadeite is pretty much Jadeite. I had no problems with him, I kind of like his wig actually haha.

Zoisite has become a pretty interesting character in the live action version. Although the changes make him seem like a completely different character in many ways. My only gripe I think so far with him is
his creepy interests in Minako
Although that's just more of a personal thing maybe, haha.

I can't really comment on Kunzite as his introduction is the part in the show where I'm currently at. I just posted impressions for episode 6 a day or two ago but I was actually a few episodes past that part when posting them.

I'm not sure of Queen Beryl yet though. At times she seems like her anime counterpart in that she's got that cartoon villain type personality to her, which is fine. Many other times though Aya Sugimoto's, the actress portraying Queen Beryl, acting comes across as really overdone and very cartoon villainy almost to the point of being just kind of hammy. This is often exaggerated with things such as quick camera changes where she whips her head around complete with "whoosh" type noises. Honestly at times whenever she came onscreen I couldn't help but smile and not take her seriously at all.

Things may change though as I'm finding the show's tone is getting a bit more interesting and more complex than how things were in maybe some of the first few episodes. I've got a ways to go as I'm only about a quarter of the way through the show and lot's can happen.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm not sure of Queen Beryl yet though. At times she seems like her anime counterpart in that she's got that cartoon villain type personality to her, which is fine. Many other times though Aya Sugimoto's, the actress portraying Queen Beryl, acting comes across as really overdone and very cartoon villainy almost to the point of being just kind of hammy. This is often exaggerated with things such as quick camera changes where she whips her head around complete with "whoosh" type noises. Honestly at times whenever she came onscreen I couldn't help but smile and not take her seriously at all.

Things may change though as I'm finding the show's tone is getting a bit more interesting and more complex than how things were in maybe some of the first few episodes. I've got a ways to go as I'm only about a quarter of the way through the show and lot's can happen.
Beryl really does start out pretty bad but she gets much better as the show goes on. A couple other characters also learn how to act better, like Ami.

Sword Art Online ep 12
Goddamn, how many young kids are playing SAO? Kirito has gone Neo with his mad hacker skills. What things this guy can't do? Slightly disappointed the show didn't flesh out what happen to the army.
SWORD ART ONLINE - 12
The kids that aren't dead or aren't playing by themselves ( like silica ) were all in there.

As for " what this guy can't do" ....well it's better to accept it and not be surprised ..
Anyway yui GM acces was still on .. and he does have computers skills IRL.. ( as this ep proves )

If you want to know about the army ,
the faction who laid the trap lost the power struggle and the army went back to helping the Floor 1 and above residents.They obviously didn't have the time to explain this

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch x365 5

Chika comes to visit. They eat dumplings. A little later on, a brief interaction between Sae and Chika is shared that was oddly direct and personal. I appreciated it. It made sense to finally place more weight on the awkwardness Sae displays around her friends regarding her sister. It spared grand detail, but hearing some of Chika's thoughts on Saw's actions regarding their relationship was appropriate.

ibwpqM9P3SnXqF.PNG
ibo94lXTdmSy3Y.PNG
ibli94Jbn9eVDN.PNG
imGqKVJ0gsuqN.PNG

I love the style and colors utilized in these shots.
They're clean and attractive.

The crab that Miyako brought to the table for their dinner made me hungry. It looked delicious. The animation in the public bath house was sweet. Miyako's singing and the reactions presented moverments that were jerky, yet quite lively.

The episode wraps up with more Chika and Sae time. She shares her feelings about Sae's life and her longing for it. This development isn't unexpected when you see her wide-eyed reactions to everything the Hidamari gang offers in stories and activities. Yet, it's the one-on-one sitter time in dim lighting that helped pull the moment off. I was never a fan of Chika's introduction segment in the first season, but I found myself quite enjoying this episode and her functioning as a character in it. It was a pleasant offering to say the least.

Nafe

Beryl really does start out pretty bad but she gets much better as the show goes on. A couple other characters also learn how to act better, like Ami.

That's good to hear. I'm actually quite curious to see where the story will go in this adaptation. Naturally I knew it wouldn't be a 1:1 to the anime so I figured it would skip some of the "filler" episodes and events such as Ami and Rei's introduction would perhaps happen much quicker, which they do.

However, I was surprised to find out how quickly the show is going through other character introductions and plot revelations. Some of the plot points being covered happen more about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through the anime and as I mentioned I'm only about 1/4 of the way through the live action adaptation. It will be interesting to see where things go in future episodes.

Defuser

Kokoro Connect ep 12
Nice resolution to Yui and Aoki, finally now Yui will stop being a victim to every experiment that heartseed creates. Finally it's Iori's turn and maybe Taichi.

I really really like this third ED. Maybe it's due to the music and the way Ikuhara does it. It's hits a nostalgia string somewhere in my heart.

cajunator

Banned
Is Starship Operators worth looking into? After purchasing a handful of Geneon CD soundtracks from TRSI, and thoroughly enjoying each CD, I am searching for any complete Geneon anime collections that are still available in brand new condition. I hate to do blind buys, but if this is worth looking into I want to order it before the box-sets are gone.

I bought it recently after being recommended as hard sci fi.
Only seen one episode but its a good start.

Persona 4 (3rd watch) 1-12 engDub

Do not even know how Im going through the anime for a third time but it is the case. Anyway Episode 12 is still awesome. How in the world is Ichigo that epic. The dub is alright, most of the time its just funny to entertain that thought that its either Rukia talking to Ichigo in the Velvet room, Ichigo making food for his sister at home, or Ichigo talking to Ichigo (like Yu talking to Adachi). As much as JYB tried, he just keeps reverting to Ichigo's voice for both characters. I think I also heard Uryu's voice in there at one point. The basketball player, Kou? sounded really familiar, Tamaki from Ouran maybe? Kanji has a good voice too and is my second favorite still after Yusuke. Though Kanji's moment: He's a dude that finds another dude intriguing? *blushes* does that mean he's...." my hopes. And Teddies bear talk works well.

Sentai was kind of inconsistent on the subs, in episode one they subbed the song Reach Out to the Truth (battle), but then in the rest of the episodes none of the songs with english lyrics were subtitled...a disc said Legend of Seiryu, but Chie said Trial of the Dragon, kind of confusing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That's good to hear. I'm actually quite curious to see where the story will go in this adaptation. Naturally I knew it wouldn't be a 1:1 to the anime so I figured it would skip some of the "filler" episodes and events such as Ami and Rei's introduction would perhaps happen much quicker, which they do.

However, I was surprised to find out how quickly the show is going through other character introductions and plot revelations. Some of the plot points being covered happen more about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through the anime and as I mentioned I'm only about 1/4 of the way through the live action adaptation. It will be interesting to see where things go in future episodes.
To say it's not 1:1 with the anime is an understatement. It doesn't even try beyond the first three chapters all versions have in common anyway.

Nafe

Persona 4 (3rd watch) 1-12 engDub

Do not even know how Im going through the anime for a third time but it is the case. Anyway Episode 12 is still awesome. How in the world is Ichigo that epic. The dub is alright, most of the time its just funny to entertain that thought that its either Rukia talking to Ichigo in the Velvet room, Ichigo making food for his sister at home, or Ichigo talking to Ichigo (like Yu talking to Adachi). As much as JYB tried, he just keeps reverting to Ichigo's voice for both characters. I think I also heard Uryu's voice in there at one point. The basketball player, Kou? sounded really familiar, Tamaki from Ouran maybe? Kanji has a good voice too and is my second favorite still after Yusuke. Though Kanji's moment: He's a dude that finds another dude intriguing? *blushes* does that mean he's...." my hopes. And Teddies bear talk works well.

Sentai was kind of inconsistent on the subs, in episode one they subbed the song Reach Out to the Truth (battle), but then in the rest of the episodes none of the songs with english lyrics were subtitled...a disc said Legend of Seiryu, but Chie said Trial of the Dragon, kind of confusing.

Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach is voiced by Michelle Ruff in the English dub, Margaret in Persona 4 The Animation is voiced by Michelle Ann Dunphy .

Nanako is voiced by Karen Strassman in the English dub, I'm not sure who does the voice for Ichigo's sisters in Bleach but it's not her. Karen Strassman is in Bleach but does the voices for Soi Fon and Momo Hinamori.

As for the other characters, such as who does the voice for Kou, I'm not sure.

Almost tempted to watch it but I dont wanna spoil ToX1 in the event it actually leaves JPN :/

it's already planned to be in the states in second semester of 2013

Yuri is my favorite.

i have no doubt about that considering your avatar ..your picture give me a doubt , are you a reader of the Lns , like me and you know about the late events or is this based on the anime so far ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom