• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
The fact that they're not highschoolers or even look like highschoolers by default makes them better tha a high majority of character designs in anime.

Caesnd

Ugh. Please don't remind me of the show. Utter utter disappointment..

I was just trying to contribute with examples! I'm more sad about Despera now anyway.

As for the Psycho-Pass art by Amano; why even bother contracting her if they are just going to ignore her style? The detailed line work obviously isn't going to carry over, but the overall proportions and aesthetic will probably be honored.

cajunator

Banned
Ugh. Please don't remind me of the show. Utter utter disappointment.

I can understand not liking them(not really) but there is no way it's awful. Silver Link with Prism Ilya is awful.

Yeah the Prisma Ilya designs look terrible.
Its not that these are just older characters though, because I enjoy some shows with older characters, these just look bad.

Dresden

The fact that they're not highschoolers or even look like highschoolers by default makes them better tha a high majority of character designs in anime.

Looks pretty highschool to me.

H5VQ7.jpg

Dynedom

Tsuritama - Series

Finally finished this today. Really really great series. Quirky soundtrack, fun themes and just some clever writing. Really enjoyed everyone's development throughout the series and how it all tied into fishing. Production was top notch, with the exception of the CG here and there. Really stuck out against some of the better backdrops.

All in all, highly recommended.

DUCK-KUH!

fertygo

Yeah the Prisma Ilya designs look terrible.
Its not that these are just older characters though, because I enjoy some shows with older characters, these just look bad.

Its not bad, .. those "powder" effect ala yaoi trademark maybe is what annoy you.

I hate those too in Amano's drawing.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I just noticed something... incredibly sexist about the Psycho-Pass key visual. Holy crap. I'm kinda... offended even. Notice how all the guys are holding their large oversized guns with just one hand, while both female characters need BOTH HANDS to hold them. Wtf? :(
I think holding a gun with both hands is sexier.

Nafe

The more I watch Horizon the more I like it. Aside from the strange character designs (which I've gotten used to at this point) and the confusing stuff in the first few episodes I'm not really seeing what is so bad about it.

The funny part is I actually like the story too.

After the initial info. dump, Horizon does have some pretty good fights. (Potential Spoilers) I loved the fight from episode 4 where Kazuno engages three of Tres España's God of War units.

Since her swords are made out of the roadway, I like the detail that she uses them as a jumping platform to get back to the ground after dodging the one attack before redirecting them around herself to initiate a counter-attack. I also love the zooming out shot with the reflection in her eye before she re-directs the bullet back at the one guy too.

...and story thats just better, I dont think rpgs should have these super happy go lucky stories like Persona 4, I hope P5 is like P3.

I thought you preferred the more lighthearted stories compared to the darker and more depressing stories?

And Persona 4 is always beaten with the "its too light and fluffy" stick, which seems ridiculous to me. Its not like its far removed from P3 in terms of its tone, which itself was hardly that macarbe.

In some ways I wish Persona 3 was more popular but I can only imagine how the media would handle that game if it was, with it's "stylish suicides" where the characters simulate shooting themselves in the head with their "Evokers". Then there's collecting and using as minions, many of the world's different religion's God's and Deity's. Then there's the whole combining Persona's with, just as an example, a Hindu God with a Christian angelic figure and getting a Japanese Shinto God or Goddess as the result. Many of the combination results or patterns might not sit will with some.

There hasn't been much I've bought from them since they were ADV, but there is more coming from them (such as Horizon and Persona 4) that I'll be picking up. Still need to grab K-On S2 as well.

You changed your mind then? You mentioned earlier you might not even bother watching the second season so I found this statement confusing. To me it came across as you liked the first season of Horizon enough to want to buy and own it, for what I would naturally assume would be multiple viewings, yet you didn't like the first season enough to even want to watch the second season even once?

I've seen a very similar video where the girl actually knocked herself out from the Desert Eagle's kickback. She was holding it just the same as this girl I believe as well.

I just noticed something... incredibly sexist about the Psycho-Pass key visual. Holy crap. I'm kinda... offended even. Notice how all the guys are holding their large oversized guns with just one hand, while both female characters need BOTH HANDS to hold them. Wtf? :(
stephenfryquote.jpeg
I think you are looking way too much into that picture, Duckroll.
Intentional or not, it's a more subtle form of sexism.

Dresden

All of them look early twenties except for the brownhaired guy and the girl in the top left. MC looks closer to thirties.
They look like they're in their teens, especially with the similarity to her Reborn designs.

Which are of, well, 14 year olds.

Jarmel

Banned
They look identical to Reborn characters, which are 90% teens. When Amano draws adults, there's no question they're adults.

I'll take your word for it. They definitely look on the older side(and the bio for the female lead supports that). MC is definitely an adult though.

No, its not similar at all.

just look to the some concept stuff by Redjuice. Only the bland chara like the childhood friend that look similar.

Guilty-Crown002889.jpg

That's very close. Tomodachi no Haganai is extremely different.

Dresden

She's working in a police department so unless they graduate gradeschool and go straight into the workforce then she's a minimum of 18.

No, I just found it amusing because we're saying that she looks young, but you're refuting it based on a written description instead of the visual.

Jarmel

Banned
No, I just found it amusing because we're saying that she looks young, but you're refuting it based on a written description instead of the visual.

I was saying she looks early twenties, you guys stated that she looks like a teenager. I said fine and accepted it but still think she looks older than an average teenager and the bio seems to support that.

cajunator

Banned
I'll take your word for it. They definitely look on the older side(and the bio for the female lead supports that). MC is definitely an adult though.

Guilty-Crown002889.jpg

That's very close. Tomodachi no Haganai is extremely different.

Oh look, one of the only good things about guilty Crown. HNNNNNGHHHH.

Go_Ly_Dow

Natsuyuki Rev - 8 & 9

Damn, that was some pretty heavy stuff. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

As usual, the piano work is really nice throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom