• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you preferred the more lighthearted stories compared to the darker and more depressing stories?

I like stories that give me like an emotional rollercoaster and make me feel good, though I guess P3 may be an exception.

Though in terms of which is darker and such, I think Id put Tartarus and the Dark hour to be much more intense than just a Midnight Channel which, well affected way less people than the Dark Hour did and P3 had
character deaths directly affecting multiple game characters
while P4 did too but
didnt keep her dead...terrible decision
. Ultimately, I liked P4 anime enough to at least check out the artbook and buy and experience the game, so I guess its tone fit into my preferences.

I like stories that give me like an emotional rollercoaster and make me feel good, though I guess P3 may be an exception.

Though in terms of which is darker and such, I think Id put Tartarus and the Dark hour to be much more intense than just a Midnight Channel which, well affected way less people than the Dark Hour did and P3 had
character deaths directly affecting multiple game characters
while P4 did too but
didnt keep her dead...terrible decision
. Ultimately, I liked P4 anime enough to at least check out the artbook and buy and experience the game, so I guess its tone fit into my preferences.

Well she was a innoncent child that greeted you everytime you stepped into that house ..this is hard to stay dead , it would have made the forgive option so hard to justify otherwise ( for me )

They might do it once the show is finish or something but nothing yet.

No reason to start an adaptation up and run out of material to animate again.

I never understood that, surely they could do 25 episodes for the previous arc, then break for half the year, and do 25 episodes next for the current arc, impossible to run out of material, especially with their pacing.

Branduil

Anime News Network has posted a brief interview with Eiko Tanaka, founder of Studio 4°C, primarily focusing on the new Berserk movies.

We used CG for the parts where hand-drawn animation was the most difficult to use. We were planning to make all the faces, which are easy to look conspicuous, with hand-drawing and then combine them with CG. I am afraid that there are some parts which we could have done better.

Yep.

UEsb1.jpg
Binbogami ga ! 09

Well Very nice set of short stories ... this give me a special hope for the death note reference later in the série .. (it'll be glorious )

Kazzy

In some ways I wish Persona 3 was more popular but I can only imagine how the media would handle that game if it was, with it's "stylish suicides" where the characters simulate shooting themselves in the head with their "Evokers". Then there's collecting and using as minions, many of the world's different religion's God's and Deity's. Then there's the whole combining Persona's with, just as an example, a Hindu God with a Christian angelic figure and getting a Japanese Shinto God or Goddess as the result. Many of the combination results or patterns might not sit will with some.

I think if there was ever going to be any controversy over the evoker symbolism, it would have long since passed. Prying eyes would have drawn it out, I'm sure. But when stuff like the Hot Coffee created such an uproar, and that was over a dummied out feature, it is quite surprising that it escaped unscathed.

The drawing from religions has long been a SMT staple. Sure, it's demons are an amalgamation of various deities, but it's hardly tactless.

Articalys

Here's the rest of the top sales data from last week that missed the cutoff point:

BD Sales for Aug. 20-26
-----------------------------------
*2,502 *2,502 *1 Rinne no Lagrange v6
*2,480 *2,480 *1 Nazo no Kanojo X v3
*2,130 *2,130 *1 Tsuritama v3
*2,086 *2,086 *1 Chihayafuru v9
*1,839 *1,839 *1 Sakamichi no Apollon v2
*1,551 *1,551 *1 Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE v7
*1,363 *1,363 *1 Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama v3
*1,247 *1,247 *1 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 v6
*1,110 *1,110 *1 Sankarea v3

Also, with this, we have some final BD+DVD volume sales averages for a few shows:
Rinne no Lagrange -- 3,146
Milky Holmes S2 -- 2,304
Chihayafuru -- 2,565

Haven't read/seen either. How is the anime atleast?

I like it after the genre shift kicks in, but it has a ton of problems including what may be the most drawn out arc in all of shounen. The manga has been great since that arc ended though, which is why a new anime would be more than welcome.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You guys are asking why she's spinning? Why does she fling her piece of cloth around her waste to catch it with other hand? Completely weird and unnecessary.

Branduil

Here's the rest of the top sales data from last week that missed the cutoff point:

BD Sales for Aug. 20-26

Also, with this, we have some final BD+DVD volume sales averages for a few shows:
Milky Holmes S2 -- 2,304
Chihayafuru -- 2,565

Tsuritama really dropped off.

BD Sales for Aug. 20-26

Milky Holmes S2 -- 2,304
Chihayafuru -- 2,565

So is that bad for Rinne?

Stulaw

Has anyone been watching PoyoPoyo? I'm finding it to be very funny, despite literally being 3 minutes of commentary of a family looking after a round cat.

Also, I'm really enjoying Kokoro Connect, really interesting stuff.

Narag

Has anyone been watching PoyoPoyo? I'm finding it to be very funny, despite literally being 3 minutes of commentary of a family looking after a round cat.

I adore Poyopoyo.

Poyopoyo is one of the greatest shows this season.

Kokoro Connect is really fun and intense at times. I cant wait to hear it dubbed and reexperience it, as well as for it to get a bit more popular so we can stop being innudated with so much Inaban/Taichi fanarts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom