• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 4 - 26

And shit, Margaret has all these cool Personas, including
Yoshitsune (Hassou Tobi, fuck yes)
, but Yu going against him with Rakshasa was not a good look.

Considering Yu has been using Izanagi for pretty much the entire run even against the final boss, I bet they were picking what Personas he would be summoning at random.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Natsuyuki Rendezvous 01

It took me about eight hours to watch the whole episode, but I liked it! Had no clue what I was getting into to, just saw folks talking about it on IRC. I expected some sort of shojo stuff I wouldn't enjoy as soon as I started watching but that wasn't what I got. It ended up being very cute, I think I'll keep watching.

Jarmel

Banned
Are the signatures the voice actors for the corresponding characters?

Signatures are:

Yuki Kajiura-Composer
Kaori-Fate/Zero live singer for chorus
Wakana-Kalafina
Keiko-Kalafina
Yuriko-Kalafina backup/chorus for certain songs
LiSa-OP singer
Rikiya Koyama-Kiritsugu VA
Hikaru Kondo-Producer/Storyboarder
Ei Aoki-Director
Gen Urobuchi-Creator(Signed it twice and personalized it the second time)

Dresden

so there's like one month left in the season...

still watching:

Hyouka: Mayaka > Chitando

Eureka Seven Ao: in it till the end; fuck naru; I just hope it doesn't end like DtB s2.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous: I really do like this show. Well produced with lovely direction by Matsuo. It knows when to linger and when to interject with a dose of humor, but the recent episodes have felt somewhat ponderous, with too much FEELS just colliding into each other as Shimao murks about in his existential haze. I think the conclusion should be satisfying, in that it'll be conclusive . . . not sure if any of them will end up as happy individuals.

Joshiraku: I still have mixed feelings about the show. Love the physical comedy, impeccable timing complementing all the lewdness and the naked Mariiservice. There's still a bit too much where I just don't get it, though. I feel like a fucking barbarian when that happens. I have no culture.

Accel World: I really don't know.

will get back to at some point in time:

Quality has Declined: haven't really felt the urge the go back after episode 5, but favorable impressions for the recent episode has gotten me to pick it back up.

Binbougami-ga: I enjoyed the few I watched, didn't love them but in it for Boobieko. Best bitch is best bitch. Will watch once it's over.

Moyashimon Returns: still haven't checked it out yet, but will due to my residual appreciation for the original series.

fuckin' dropped:

ODA NOBUNA
SWORD ART ONLINE
SOME OTHER SHOW I'M FORGETTING ABOUT

Erigu

I thought Cameron was a fan of Alita.
Based on his summary of the story, he clearly doesn't know shit about the series. I'm guessing he saw the Manga Video tape and a few pictures from the Motor Ball arc a long time ago and only has hazy memories of it all.
The guy was actually impressed when their scenarist told them that there were "more books". Dude, really? Wow, she knows so much! Maybe she looked the title up on Wikipedia, imagine the level of commitment!

I seem to remember his first comment on the adaptation was that he would get to paste a human face on a CG mechanical body. Kick ass! Of course, that was years before Avatar. No need for that tech demo anymore, now, I guess.

jbug617

Banned
Kono Naka Ni Hitori, Imouto Ga Iru! 8

The episode starts with
the guy having to measure one of the girls skirt to see it's illegal. While he tries to do it, she says don't look up my skirt. Another girls shows up and gets jealous and they battle to see who has the shortest skirt.
Other than that it's another girl to fall in love with him.

I think I figured out who the sister is.
it's the student council assistant (the girl with the orange hair and in pigtails). She just stands out and the only one who isn't trying to get him

So I Can't H? 08

QowsH.jpg

Oh no! CG monsters! Again.

Yeah, staying in whatever world they are in is getting boring. Especially with the weird and ugly backgrounds that looks like stains in the upper left and lower right corners of every scene.

I feel no investment really anymore for whatever plot is going on.

Based on his summary of the story, he clearly doesn't know shit about the series. I'm guessing he saw the Manga Video tape and a few pictures from the Motor Ball arc a long time ago and only has hazy memories of it all.
The guy was actually impressed when their scenarist told them that there were "more volumes". Dude, really? Wow, she knows so much! Maybe she looked the title up on Wikipedia, imagine the level of commitment!

I seem to remember his first comment on the adaptation was that he would get to paste a human face on a CG mechanical body. Kick ass! Of course, that was years before Avatar. No need for that tech demo anymore, now, I guess.

Oh damn, that sounds like he wouldn't be doing it justice at all. Hope he's educated himself by now, but I doubt it. Motor Ball arc isn't even the best one.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm sure James Cameron will make a awesome BAA adaptation regardless of whether he knows shit about the source material or not.

Hell, Osamu tezuka is guilty of doing the same thing - He wrote Metropolis despite never seeing the film!

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 9

They certainly did drag that bad fook gag at the end for way too long, a slight blemish on what was a pretty good episode. That tennis match owned bigtime!

edit: rip tomat

so there's like one month left in the season...
Hipster Tier
Muv-Luv - This is probably the most reliably pleasing show that I'm watching. This probably says a lot about many things.

Meh Tier
Binbougami - Fun when it's not boring

My Grandpa Tier
SAO - Will continue to love and sing the praises of even when it's shitting the bed and making me hate it.

Erigu

Oh damn, that sounds like he wouldn't be doing it justice at all. Hope he's educated himself by now, but I doubt it.
About Gally/Alita: "I just love the character. Maybe it’s from having daughters. I have three daughters, and thinking about what it’s like, the main character is this little girl that everybody kind of ignores. She’s got such a heroic heart on the inside, I’ve always loved that character."
And that was after he rewrote the script. Encouraging!

Motor Ball arc isn't even the best one.
But it's all about the High-Octane 3D Action!

I'm sure James Cameron will make a awesome BAA adaptation regardless of whether he knows shit about the source material or not.
I seem to remember that when Kishiro was asked who he could see turning his series into a movie, he answered "Paul Verhoeven". That, I could see.

cg floors can be pretty slippery
Unless they are made by PA Works, then they are kind of rough.
Ah man... there's one part in Part 1 I hope they don't include in the anime...
Woof woof. :(
Does that have something to do with why cosmic said I wouldn't like it?
Modern Cameron?
regardless of whether he knows shit about the source material or not
If I didn't know better, I'd think this was a joke in regards to his writing.

Nafe

I'm personally not really big on the whole list wars thing but I guess since I've never posted it before, to those whom it may interest, here is my list of shows that I've been following and I've dropped none:

Binbougami ga!
Hyouka
Joshiraku
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Rinne no Lagrange Season 2
Saint Seiya Omega
Smile Precure!
Tari Tari

I guess Mid-Summer Status Update:

Shows that I eagerly await the next episode:

Horizon II: Action debates have never been so fun.
Hyouka: All that KyoAni magic makes this so enjoyable.
Poyopoyo: Roundcat forever.

I generally enjoy what has been going on:

Binbougami ga!: Good comedy but the dramatic moments are pretty boring.
Jinrui: The fairies still the show.
Joshiraku: Kanji puns are great as well as random violence.
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate: Somewhat generic yet still entertaining.
Kuroko's Basketball: The comedy keeps me watching.
Natsuyuki: All my feels.
Nobuna: I want to see how the next Sengoku general gets genderbent.
Tari Tari: GLEE made watchable.

Hits and misses, so completely average:

Arcana Famiglia: Part-time mobsters without the action makes boring otome show.
Campione!: Harem antics are boring. Wikipedia battles are much better.
Naruto SD: Hit and miss comedy.
Sengoku Collection: Not a train wreck but still sometimes boring.

Losing my interest:

So I Can't H?: Ugly filter, CG monsters, OHKO battles.

I rather play Pokemon instead and I usually do:

Accel World: Shut up real world.
Sword Art Online: Shut up MMO world.

Something i've been wondering lately.

Why do most toku/anime games always have insanely long super move animations? I know it's all fanservice, but when your special animation takes up about 30 secs and the fight lasts a total of about 1.5 min....

Didn't those naruto ps2 game specials even have loading?

Crazy. you'd think folks that would pick up an anime fighter... ah. nvm.

But it isn't endless. Jojo is actually the least endless of any long running shounen! When story arcs end, they end, and the next one starts with completely new characters!

Just because there are good stopping points doesn't mean it isn't endless. The story still continues and ties into the previous parts. Even if Araki is making it up as he goes along and forgets vital plot points, it's still a long-running work with an overarching plot.

fertygo

Just because there are good stopping points doesn't mean it isn't endless. The story still continues and ties into the previous parts. Even if Araki is making it up as he goes along and forgets vital plot points, it's still a long-running work with an overarching plot.

I don't know what you arguing here.

Sket Dance 73

f42ex.jpg

Oh shit, it's Ninja Warrior!

So wait, this is an adaptation of a shounen manga, but they made the plotline "to have a shoujo manga beat a shounen manga", and then they talked about the themes of the shoujo manga beating the shounen manga all while utilizing standard shounen themes and then having it end in the most shounen way possible.

My brain hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom