• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ok mm I don't get this app

It's asking me to input stuff but I don't know what it's asking for so I cannot get to the waifus until I do that. :/ I just wanted to hear Kugimiya call me a baka inu. Is that so much to ask for?

edit: This is what I'm talking about:
x9RH7l.png

e_i

So, Viz has licensed K. I looked over the cast list and orgasmed: Sakurai Takahiro, Nakamura Yuuichi, Ono Daisuke, Horie Yui, Sawashiro Miyuki, and Sugita Tomokazu.

cajunator

Banned

Akane is a CUTIE. fuck the haters.

I seriously think animeGAF could make a website that would destroy ANN if we really wanted to.

We're too lazy to ever make this happen.

Dennou Coil Episode 04

iouGQwRCL7xlM.jpg
iKTl9N1L2eyaY.jpg

Holy crap that was awesome.

I'm salty as fuck that I can't buy this.

"Cajunator is a kuudere wizard who steals manga. Now begins Cajunator's daring story... "

I've never done these stupid webform fads, but NFL talk is dying down and now I'm bored...

:D

Your team screwed the Packers out of a win. You are my hero.

Oh... Baseball

the most boring sport on this planet. I will kill myself now.

Taisho Baseball Girls is not in any way boring. It is fun, super adorable, and informative.
I say this being in no way a baseball fan.

Saya no Uta.

OH YOU

Ui vs Yune vs Yayoi? SCREW THIS SHIT

Medaka Box - 01

Welp, seeing this in motion is pretty fun. Just as over the top as it should be.

Shiranui is pretty :cajun as well

Yes. Yes she is. Adorable little troll. Best girl.

looks not that hot but From the New World has even worse character designs, incredible.

20120925235502ee9.jpg

I like those designs. Especially the exaggerated eyelashes.

Going down my list, I have to also give a strong recommendation to the Gunsmith Cats OVAs, a sweet-ass action series featuring girls with guns in AMERICA. Just look at the stylish OP.

I'll shut up now.

Gunsmith Cats really is one of the greatest animes ever. Action filled and entertaining and funny, like the best of those rated R cop shows. The closest anime has to a good popcorn flick.

What better way to mark the end of the Binbougami ga! anime and new season for Medaka Box than with some official crossover art?

This is pure fucking genius right here.

So, Viz has licensed K. I looked over the cast list and orgasmed: Sakurai Takahiro, Nakamura Yuuichi, Ono Daisuke, Horie Yui, Sawashiro Miyuki, and Sugita Tomokazu.

Huh, always nice to see Viz license something. Anything really. Better than Sentai.

I guess that now the shows have something in common other than sales numbers.

Does that mean we're gonna set a second season of Binbougami ga! one season from now?!?

Kagami

It's asking me to input stuff but I don't know what it's asking for so I cannot get to the waifus until I do that. :/ I just wanted to hear Kugimiya call me a baka inu. Is that so much to ask for?

In the top blank, enter the name you want your wives to call you.
In the bottom blank enter 3hPLsN to give me a free card. :D

Kagami

Done and done! Arigatou gozaimasou, goshujin-sama.

Now if I could figure out how to play this...
Woot, first time I've ever done the referral thing.
Not sure how it decides which wife to do it on, but it unlocked the referral card on Chiaki from Bodacious Space Pirates.

Ultimadrago

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 12 [END]

Man, the
spirit world functioning as an immigration headquarters
was really a great foot to end the series on. This consisted of a nice, brief sequence for
Murder on Jelly Island
, moment of everyone's
mourning
and the narrator's role this time around was particularly effective.

And with that Hotori
gets another chance at making the most out of life (or getting out of trouble)
! A generally amusing cast, a few quite entertaining
supernatural
focuses and some solid comedic direction (it didn't always hit, but the characters were still usually a treat to watch).

It would be great if there was more of this animated for me to watch, but since there isn't, I can at least take away the experience this small town and its inhabitants shared.

Branduil

Well, other people have recommended some of these already, but:

Hey guys! 28-year old guy here, looking for anime to help me with my Japanese listening skills. I realize people in anime can talk pretty weird compared to normal people, but I don't really care about that. I have other sources of learning and I'm not such a beginner that I can't hear the difference between a polite middle-aged man and a screaming teenager. I just want to listen to Japanese in a context I'd enjoy. So I'd love some good recommendations!

Haven't watched anime since... oh, I don't know, around Samurai Champloo.

So what anime do I like?

- I love more serious drama series or movies like Monster, Perfect Blue, Grave of the Fireflies etc

The Wings of Honneamise

Usagi Drop

Haibane Renmei

Ringing Bell

Colorful(film)

Angel's Egg

Kids on the Slope

- ...but also crazy shit like FLCL, Paranoia Agent or Paprika. The latter is one of my absolute favorites, RIP S. Kon (you were the light at the end of the tunnel) :(

Escaflowne

Baccano!

Beautiful Dreamer

The Tatami Galaxy

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

- I love over-the-top humorous action (like Gurren Lagann or Re: Cutey Honey) in moderate doses, and I can even tolerate some tongue-in-cheek fan-service (as you can see from my example, although that was a very short series)

Birdy the Mighty Decode

- Closely related to the above, stylish action like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, the original Hellsing (not the remake with the crappy music) is right up my alley

Sword of the Stranger

Macross Plus

Black Rock Shooter(OVA)

Fate/Zero

- I also like sci-fi or dystopian stuff like Jin-Roh, GitS or Ergo Proxy very much

Time of Eve

Pale Cocoon

Dennou Coil

Kino's Journey

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Infinite Ryvius

Now and Then, Here and There

Darker than Black

- Comedy is fine, but most of it just isn't funny. Recommend if you have something REALLY good. I liked School Rumble and Azumanga because they were insane

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

The Daily Lives of High School Boys

- Miyazaki is my God

- All in all I'm not really interested in stuff that is mediocre, that "gets going" after half a season or that otherwise would waste my time. But I guess that goes without saying.

So that's it. I'd much appreciate any tips you'd have for me!

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Summer Wars

wonzo

Banned
The manga seems entertaining enough, although It's still relatively new to me. Is it worth seeing it through?
I'd still say it is, everything up to the end of the Minus Arc was great but after that it kinda levels off for a bit and then slowly starts falling off a cliff (thankfully Kumagawa's and Ajimu's trolling still makes it somewhat tolerable). The latest arc is off to a good start though so hopefully it doesn't shit the bed like the last two.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

In the first box, you use a nick name or whatever you want to be referred to as in the game. It also serves as your name for "friends list" purposes, so it has to be unique.

The second box is for referrals. If you want, you can use mine: 5woqEJ or just leave it blank. I think we both get bonuses if you use mine though, since that seems to be how all this f2p stuff works. lol

jbug617

Banned
Dakara Boku Wa, H Ga Dekinai 12

I didn't really pay attention to this show but decided to check the final. Is this show suppose to be about
life insurance

Nafe

Fantastic Children 18

As a fan of dead eyes, I liked the scene where a certain someone was sporting them. That sort of uncaring malignancy behind them as well just really added to that scene. <3

That scene had some nicely animated explosions to it and due to my time reading AnimeGaf threads, all I could think of during the final scene that played out in the last two or three minutes of the episode were
those three letters...

Fantastic Children 19

That scene with
Tina lying in the bed of the transfer machine saying goodbye to Soran and the events directly after with the blood on the glass and her calling out in shock
...that was pretty emotional stuff. Even the scene just before that actually, I think I'll remember that whole part for a long time.

I actually quite liked the story arc that played out over these last few episodes, I think it was actually one of my favorite parts of the whole show.

Fantastic Children 22-26(END)

For a show that started out with not using very much CG, there was quite a bit of it being used in these final episodes and honesty it was kind of distracting. The distraction was pretty much because of the standard culprits of the contrast in lighting and movement speed of the animation. I was a fan though of the serious/angry type expression
Dumas
had often times in the last few episodes. It was just translated really well in the art.

---

In the end I quite enjoyed Fantastic Children and am glad that duckroll has been recommending it to those who read the thread. I could make the obvious comment that it was "Fantastic" but I will say it really was pretty satisfying with how it seemed to bring a resolution to or bring together many of the plot threads and answer most of those questions the plot points introduced.

One complaint is maybe dealing with Detective Cooks and that
I just kind of felt the resolution with him and his investigation and the relationship it had with his grandfather kind of seemed to have a rather abrupt and kind of anticlimactic ending to it

I'll gather some more of my thoughts and for now join the small group of people that highly recommends this show to others.

duckroll

Yay! Another satisfied customer! Fantastic Children is really an overlooked gem, and I'm glad I got some people to discover it and enjoy it for themselves. :D

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
After my years of training. I. Am. Free!!!!!!**

Accel World 23-24

Sakuga. Sky Raker. Kuroyukihime. Need I say more? Oh right. NEED Season 2. Now.

Sword Art Online 11-12

They NEEDED to make this arc shitty. It's just going to make victory even sweeter. Also, Team Silica***

** = Courtesy of my patron and now I'm a bitch.

*** = Oh yeah.

Accel World 23-24

Sword Art Online 11-12

They NEEDED to make this arc shitty. It's just going to make victory even sweeter. Also, Team Silica***

*** = Oh yeah.
This is the kind of tragedy that befalls you when you leave GAF. It's a scary world out there.

Nafe

Yay! Another satisfied customer! Fantastic Children is really an overlooked gem, and I'm glad I got some people to discover it and enjoy it for themselves. :D

Yeah, thanks again duckroll :)

It had a really intriguing story and interesting cast of characters that seemed really human in their thoughts and actions. Like you said, it really is an overlooked gem :(

Well, it looks like amishpriest99, hosannainexcelsis and maybe cajunator are next in line to watch the show, hopefully they all enjoy it too!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Accel World 23-24

Sword Art Online 11-12

*** = Oh yeah.

AnimeGAF had been singing song and praise of the amazing #1 anime K-On while you were gone.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
AnimeGAF had been singing song and praise of the amazing #1 anime K-On while you were gone.

What? I don't know. I've been hearing a shitstorm about SAO recently. Which I agree with. I warned everyone but nooooo. No one put up shelters.

Narag

Are Funi's Complete Series generally the same products as their individual releases or is there anything I should know about? I've been eyeing Casshern Sins for a while and am also tempted by the complete Soul Eater bluray release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom