• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Chitanda is plenty cute. She's just not an interesting character.

iDaJUlt7kX8iY.jpg

cajunator

Banned
by the way, I was listening to the Precure Henshin music for all the series and it got me to trying to think of other iconic henshin music from other shows. Other than Sailor Moon I cant really think of specific music in henshin sequences. can you guys come up with any?

OceanBlue

by the way, I was listening to the Precure Henshin music for all the series and it got me to trying to think of other iconic henshin music from other shows. Other than Sailor Moon I cant really think of specific music in henshin sequences. can you guys come up with any?

Nanoha, but if I remember correctly, they ditched transformation scenes pretty early in the series. It's just pretty iconic to me (and other songs use the same melody), so I remember it.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's Star Driver! Ginga Bishounen!

cajunator

Banned
Nanoha, but if I remember correctly, they ditched transformation scenes pretty early in the series. It's just pretty iconic to me (and other songs use the same melody), so I remember it.

Well I just though of a good one. The one for Panty and Stocking <3

BUt iconic henshin music doesnt seem to happen enough. I can instantly remember the music from Sailor Moon or Precure but other shows seem like an afterthought. I was hoping somebody would post some that proves this wrong.

Sengoku Collection 24

Why you again?

Besides running out of generals apparently to showcase, this wasn't a bad episode, I guess. Didn't really drag, the twist? wasn't too stupid. I would say average all around.

wonzo

Banned
What happens when you combine some awesome music from livetune, vocals from Megumi Nakajima, and some crazy animation from these guys?
You get Transfer.
Whoa, so that's where those gifs came from...

Trippy as fuck, proclick.

FujiTV's English sell sheet for Robotics;Notes is up: http://www.fujicreative.co.jp/intldept/new/Robotics/
The idea that I'd be far more hyped for Psycho-Pass than this would've been laughable a month or two ago but now...

I guess I'll still check it out.

cajunator

Banned
Wait what?

You really are adorable.

Sengoku Collection 24

Why you again?

Besides running out of generals apparently to showcase, this wasn't a bad episode, I guess. Didn't really drag, the twist? wasn't too stupid. I would say average all around.

Ieyasu. Best girl. No competition.

I heard this show sucks. Should I watch?

What's a neko mimi and who's mashadar?

No you shouldn't watch Sengoku Collection.
nekomimi are cat ears. One of my favorite things.

Well I just though of a good one. The one for Panty and Stocking <3

BUt iconic henshin music doesnt seem to happen enough. I can instantly remember the music from Sailor Moon or Precure but other shows seem like an afterthought. I was hoping somebody would post some that proves this wrong.

There's Saint Seiya.

I heard this show sucks. Should I watch?

It's completely average at this point. Some good episodes, some boring episodes, some really good episodes, a few really bad episodes.

Considering almost all the episodes are stand alone, it can easily range in quality from episode to episode.

But, there are worst shows than this one.

Jex

Summer Wars at least better than Ponyo though
That, at least, is true. Ponyo is, in turn, better than Howl's Moving Castle.

If Miyazaki had, I dunno, stopped making films after Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away (he always says he's about to retire) he would certainly be viewed more favourably now. The fact that he's gone into noticeable decline has certainly hurt his image, in my eyes at least.

cajunator

Banned
That, at least, is true. Ponyo is, in turn, better than Howl's Moving Castle.

If Miyazaki had, I dunno, stopped making films after Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away (he always says he's about to retire) he would certainly be viewed more favourably now. The fact that he's gone into noticeable decline has certainly hurt his image, in my eyes at least.

Miyazaki, like many directors, has a passion for what he does. He will want to keep creating things until he is too old and frail to continue. Its inevitable that his work will decline somewhat before he goes. Thats kind of expected. Many directors would kill to have his portfolio though.

Narag

Jormungand 4

b68aH.gif

Seriously though, I'm enjoying this a lot. I wish the production values were a little bit better but hey, can't win them all.
Both sniper sequences involving Orchestra were pretty great.

trejo

I think the way Hosanna didn't even acknowledge my little bait attempt is pretty telling. :(

It's okay bro, I'll always love you even if the feelings are one-sided.

I'd heard about the mythical and dreaded cajunator and kayos combo. It's more terrific than I imagined.

Their posts shall blot out the sun.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jormungand 4

b68aH.gif

Seriously though, I'm enjoying this a lot. I wish the production values were a little bit better but hey, can't win them all.
Both sniper sequences involving Orchestra were pretty great.
Someone else watching and enjoying Jormungand makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Branduil

She develops enough for me to like her (and to find her interesting) as the show goes on. Not a marvel or anything, but in anime, it's rare enough for me to cherish.

One of the best things about Hyouka is the character development as they progress from archetypes to individualized characters. There's a lot of potential for Chitanda in a second season if they continue her development like this.

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai end

Well that's about the ending I was expecting. Sucks the
whole world is still stuck in perpetual yellow.
Not really much else to say.

Overall, I thought the show was alright, but could have been so much more based on the promising intro. It seemed like all the right pieces were in place for a solid show; unrestrained perverted protagonist, crazy demons, not bad action. It seemed like it could be building toward something both epic and hilarious.

Unfortunately, it just became... dull. I think Ryosuke kind of fell victim to character derailment, toning down the perverted attitude and instead becoming somewhat depressing yet still being portrayed as optimistic. It's the kind of bipolar attributes that aren't easy to pull off. A good example of a harem protagonist that can do this is Tomoki from Sora no Otoshimono; seamlessly shifting from massive pervert to heartwarming optimistic shounen guy without losing anything in the process. Here, it just comes off as forced and on the whole, not very interesting.

And let's not mention the yellow. Oh god, the yellow. I'm generally not one to complain about art apparently as I see nothing wrong with whatever Angel Beats screens Branduil decides to post, but this really wasn't easy on the eyes whenever the barrier stuff showed up. Like, forget the fact it's ugly, it really did hurt my eyes at points. Staring at the same yellow for 20 minutes straight is not fun.

This really could have been a better High School DxD, but really fell on its face in the 2nd half despite some engaging scenes here and there. Ah well, guess that will stay the harem show of the year, at least until TLRD.

cajunator

Banned
One of the best things about Hyouka is the character development as they progress from archetypes to individualized characters. There's a lot of potential for Chitanda in a second season if they continue her development like this.

Chitanda's development is too little too late IMO.
She's much better in the latest episodes, but she's still pretty bland.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Why is that one guy just casually chilling on the roof of the car?
What? You've never casually chilled out on top of a vehicle in motion? YOLO man, YOLO.

Keep that kind of thing to yourself.
I though I would be able to share these kind of life experiences comfortably in this thread but I guess not. I have no place left to go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom