• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Are Funi's Complete Series generally the same products as their individual releases or is there anything I should know about? I've been eyeing Casshern Sins for a while and am also tempted by the complete Soul Eater bluray release.
They're usually just all the disks of the individual releases crammed together in a single set.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are Funi's Complete Series generally the same products as their individual releases or is there anything I should know about? I've been eyeing Casshern Sins for a while and am also tempted by the complete Soul Eater bluray release.
I think they're the same. Like the FMA:B complete set is the same as the volume set, I think.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Waifu app download complete.

I just rubbed Okabe Rintarou's face for points.

I uh... yeah... Hard to put the thought's into words here.

cajunator

Banned
After my years of training. I. Am. Free!!!!!!**

Accel World 23-24

Sakuga. Sky Raker. Kuroyukihime. Need I say more? Oh right. NEED Season 2. Now.

Sword Art Online 11-12

They NEEDED to make this arc shitty. It's just going to make victory even sweeter. Also, Team Silica***

** = Courtesy of my patron and now I'm a bitch.

*** = Oh yeah.

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!! *superglomps the mascot

The absolute worst is that you could lose some of the special features such as episode commentaries and dunno what else. I think some of the repackaged cheap rereleased might have had that happened but unsure about all of the sets.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The absolute worst is that you could lose some of the special features such as episode commentaries and dunno what else. I think some of the repackaged cheap rereleased might have had that happened but unsure about all of the sets.

Honestly, I never watch those extras.... those collections as a result are a steal for me.

Narag

The Curse of Kazuo Umezu

So good. Although each episode I thought my interesting was drifting some, it was snatched back by something creepy and awesome both times. Narrator at the beginning and ending had a great Rod Serling or Cryptkeeper vibe that both helped set the tone and bookend the OVA.

Articalys

What happens when you combine some awesome music from livetune, vocals from Megumi Nakajima, and some crazy animation from these guys?
omB8v.jpg
You get Transfer.

cajunator

Banned
I finally finished up Accel World.
It had a decent ending, as these things go. It was a really fun show. Lots of cool battles, interesting characters and CUTENESS EVERYWHERE. Fuck I want it on bluray.
I also want figures of Sky Raker and KYH.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I finally finished up Accel World.
It had a decent ending, as these things go. It was a really fun show. Lots of cool battles, interesting characters and CUTENESS EVERYWHERE. Fuck I want it on bluray.
I also want figures of Sky Raker and KYH.

You know you want S2 cajun. You just know you need more KYH and SR considering the
latter joined NB at the end.

Penguindrum 15

Yuri backstory was decent but backstory for uninteresting characters makes episodes a chore, especially with three flashbacks.
Only compelling thing was when Momoka revealed the diary to her subsequent burst into flames--->present day, Yuri having a portion of the diary.

I wish the Sanetoshi and Kanba plot was explored a bit more as well if Shouma could return back into the spot light too.

Nisemonogatari 5 -6

4 and 5 really seemed to like having the camera focus on Araragi a lot, or in this one, all those cuts to include his chest when he was sitting with that deep discussion with his sister with nothing but a towel on, not that I was complaining anyway. 4 and 5 are probably my favorite of the episodes so far anyway. Beyond that for five the stuff with Kaiki
discussion with the other sister about money fighting for goodness and etc, I guess I like his personality and lots of his commentary made me chuckle

6 was awful and awkward
did we really need to see him wash his sisters body like that? :( and they barely went anywhere the whole episode, really boring for a majority of it, and the scene with the girls name who starts with an H who he always runs up too, wasnt as funny as they were in previous episodes this time :(

Also got more anime/manga
tumblr_maxvomVERa1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Instro

The Curse of Kazuo Umezu

So good. Although each episode I thought my interesting was drifting some, it was snatched back by something creepy and awesome both times. Narrator at the beginning and ending had a great Rod Serling or Cryptkeeper vibe that both helped set the tone and bookend the OVA.

Yeah each episode does sort of lull in a slow section, generally right before all hell starts breaking loose. Its a bit deceptive in that regard particularly at the beginning of each story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom