• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Saint Young Men gets anime film
QW970.jpg

Awesome, I have heard a lot of good stuff about the manga.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ahem.... If this preview follows the manner similarly to episode 10. I'll be fine but still... what the hell?

jman2050

whats the point of characters that you cant relate to?
isnt that what makes characters endearing?

Characters are ultimately defined by their actions and motivations. A character's role and whether they succeed in engaging the audience is highly dependent on what the goal of the work in question is, so I can't really answer that query completely.

cajunator

Banned
You should try to clear out some of your backlog before you even consider getting more shit, dude.

I DID clear out some of my backlog though :D

I also watch a lot more stuff than I post about here, but I dont always like to post impressions about it. Stuff like Binbougami Ga and Nyaruko san doesnt really warrant much discussion.

Kazzy

I DID clear out some of my backlog though :D

I also watch a lot more stuff than I post about here, but I dont always like to post impressions about it. Stuff like Binbougami Ga and Nyaruko san doesnt really warrant much discussion.

That's because it's boring!

And I say that as an idiot who has watched it all.

Uchip

Banned
I cannot relate to many characters at all whatsoever. It doesnt really affect how much I enjoy a show though.

being able to relate doesnt imply that they are similar to you
it just means that they are understandable, like you can see why they are who they are
and if not, then there has to be a strong sense of mystery about them

the worst offender being haremshit anime which make no sense whatsoever and cater to the lowest common denominator of viewers

/XX/

Well, Shaft's release list is pretty empty since summer 2011.

Hidamari Sketch x SP - two episodes
Katte ni Kaizō - two episodes
Denpa Onna - special episode
Sayonara Zetsobou Sensei - special episode
the Kid Icarus shorts
some stuff for the Madoka PSP game
and Nisemonogatari - 11 episodes

I could even think they had never more time for all these new projects than now.
With Kizumonogatari and the Puella Magi Madoka Magica films in the works around that time they were already wearing thin their own key staff; I mean, Ryo Imamura hasn't even worked on Nisemonogatari because he was extremely busy on one of the other projects, probably 'Kizu'... at least they can use someone hyperactive like Hironori Tanaka to (literally) fill the blanks for their disc releases.

Call me Reg-chan.
Duly noted, Mr. Reg-chan.

Uchip

Banned
rating the original E7 a 1/10 is no different to the trolls on metacritic user reviews that give good games a 1/10 and think that people will take them seriously

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
So I just continued watching Nisemonogatari, after having stopped a few months ago because I got bored with it.
I got to episode 8 just now. What. The. Fuck. How is that.. I just can't even express how terrible this shit is.

I also tried watching Sword Art Online because everyone were raving about it. How trite, cliche and awful.

Fuck anime. I'm gonna stop for ten years and maybe by then I'll have a couple of shows actually worth watching.

I bought Games of Thrones on BluRay out of curiosity, but I've yet to open it. ;_;

You should it's very good. I think GoT would make a great anime, it's very character focused and it's only real problems are the fight scenes (aka dancing with swords). In animation they can be a lot more vibrant, and expressive. Then you have the cast which although great, some of the female actors who have to get naked are clearly not of the same caliber of those who don't.

Kazzy

I also tried watching Sword Art Online because everyone were raving about it. How trite, cliche and awful.

I don't see many people raving about it, more of a discussion point than anything. And I see that you've already recognized why that is!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No. Im entertained by it, I would just prefer to talk about SAO, Accel World, Space Bros, that sort of stuff.

No one talks about SAO. It's just boils down to me asking a ridiculous questions about the smallest of smallest nit picks while R_thanatos patiently puts up with it and answers these silly questions for which I am eternally grateful.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So I just continued watching Nisemonogatari, after having stopped a few months ago because I got bored with it.
I got to episode 8 just now. What. The. Fuck. How is that.. I just can't even express how terrible this shit is.

Fuck anime. I'm gonna stop for ten years and maybe by then I'll have a couple of shows actually worth watching.
Watch Tsuritama. Pick better shows.

kayos90

No one talks about SAO. It's just boils down to me asking a ridiculous questions about the smallest of smallest nit picks while R_thanatos patiently puts up with it and answers these silly questions for which I am eternally grateful.

I would answer but I was in training.

cajunator

Banned

What shows are you watching besides those? Have you seen Fate Zero? Tsuritama? Space Brothers? Chihayafuru?

I can't believe how Kana Hanazawa has creeped into FOUR of the shows I'm watching this Fall. WTF. :(

The many faces of Hanazawa this Fall:

She always voices the cuties. I'm not complaining.

rating the original E7 a 1/10 is no different to the trolls on metacritic user reviews that give good games a 1/10 and think that people will take them seriously

I personally think that the 1/10 should reserved for something truly abhorrent. I don't know how on earth a 1/10 for E7 could be justified, but to each their own.

Ultimadrago

Well, you could have directly asked for recommendations here instead of simply taking what's talked/discussed about a lot.

Fellow users hosannainexcelsis and Jexhius, just yesterday made solid lists for someone else who was searching for something to watch.

Watch Tsuritama. Pick better shows.

Tsuritama is another good suggestion.

Saint Young Men gets anime film
QW970.jpg

Awesome, I have heard a lot of good stuff about the manga.

I haven't read the manga, but this could be neat. I look forward to seeing the staff working on it.

If you ask in here, I'm sure we could give you better recommendations. Shows like Tsuritama, Space Brothers, and Hyouka, if you're looking for things from this year. Relying on what gets the most attention at places like MAL and Animesuki is pretty risky in my opinion; the majority doesn't always make good decisions as to what shows to latch on to.

BluWacky

I don't think any anime is deserving of 1/10. At least from the shows I've seen.

Then you're not watching the right (wrong?) shows. There is some truly appallingly bad anime out there, and that leaves aside stuff I think is shit because it doesn't appeal to my tastes. I don't think anyone would say that, say, Musashi Gun-DOH, is deserving of more than a 1/10.

Looking at MAL I've ranked the following at 1:

- Hanaukyou Maid Team - La Verite (for being unbelievably tedious)
- Kiss Dum: Engage Planet (I have no idea if the re-edit fixed this show, because the first episode is beyond incoherent)
- Blassreiter (ugly and appallingly written)
- Saint Beast (the worst BL show I've ever seen)

These are all absolutely terrible shows.

kayos90

Well I understand that I don't watch shit shows or show that don't appeal to me. My point is that giving a 1 is just as critical as giving a 10. Extremes are hard to reach imo.

duckroll

Then you're not watching the right (wrong?) shows. There is some truly appallingly bad anime out there, and that leaves aside stuff I think is shit because it doesn't appeal to my tastes. I don't think anyone would say that, say, Musashi Gun-DOH, is deserving of more than a 1/10.

- Kiss Dum: Engage Planet (I have no idea if the re-edit fixed this show, because the first episode is beyond incoherent)

Kissdum is worth at least a 4 by the end of the series! I watched all of it! Lol. :(

cajunator

Banned

I gave Hanaukyo Maid Team a 5, although I do have the boxset.
I like maid shows, what can I say?

fertygo

Well I understand that I don't watch shit shows or show that don't appeal to me. My point is that giving a 1 is just as critical as giving a 10. Extremes are hard to reach imo.

Yep, Its only deserve 1 if even all the BGM make your ear bleed IMO.

I like the OP or some BGM in my worst rated show thus I can't give them 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom