• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

The website reports, tongue-in-cheek, that production on the film is going well for release sometime "this century."
With A-1 Pictures recent and current line-up of projects on their 'to-do list' I wouldn't call that comment far-fetched at all!

well, I didn't watch all animes with her in the last 5 years but I think she has talent and a wide range of different voices, so I don't think that's a real problem compared to Kugimiya or Omigawa.
It could be a problem more evident in the future depending on the (possibly overused) roles she ends up making, but I for the most part agree with you on that.

Articalys

[...]I don't tend to make so much of an effort to watch everything, so I don't see so much "bad" anime - I know my tastes, I tend to know what the "objective" quality of a show will be through PVs, synopses etc. and so I don't tend to get caught out very often.

[...]I tend to decide what I'm going to watch long before it even airs and usually only deviate from that if it gets a lot of positive feedback in here or elsewhere.

I have no interest in the hatewatching that goes on in here. I tend to find bad films/TV shows/anime boring, rather than entertainingly crap; having suffered through years of people MST3king through shows I loved I mostly find it frustrating.
This is pretty much how I do things as well.

Articalys

Meanwhile, in this week's Media Create video game sales report:

07./00. [PSP] Tiger & Bunny: On-Air Jack! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.20} (¥6.280) - 16.550 / NEW
10./00. [PSP] Hunter x Hunter: Wonder Adventure <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.20} (¥5.230) - 12.007 / NEW
12./00. [PS3] Eureka Seven AO: Jungfrau no Hanabanatachi - Game & Ova Hybrid Disc # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.20} (¥7.980) - 9.794 / NEW
14./00. [PSP] Kiyoka no Ori: Hiiro no Kakera 4 # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2012.09.20} (¥6.090) - 8.648 / NEW

7Th

NORIKO TAKAO KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

106.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Meanwhile, in this week's Media Create video game sales report:

07./00. [PSP] Tiger & Bunny: On-Air Jack! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.20} (¥6.280) - 16.550 / NEW
10./00. [PSP] Hunter x Hunter: Wonder Adventure <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.20} (¥5.230) - 12.007 / NEW
12./00. [PS3] Eureka Seven AO: Jungfrau no Hanabanatachi - Game & Ova Hybrid Disc # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.20} (¥7.980) - 9.794 / NEW
14./00. [PSP] Kiyoka no Ori: Hiiro no Kakera 4 # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2012.09.20} (¥6.090) - 8.648 / NEW

lol

Jex

Well, Shaft's release list is pretty empty since summer 2011.

Hidamari Sketch x SP - two episodes
Katte ni Kaiz&#333; - two episodes
Denpa Onna - special episode
Sayonara Zetsobou Sensei - special episode
the Kid Icarus shorts
some stuff for the Madoka PSP game
and Nisemonogatari - 11 episodes

I could even think they had never more time for all these new projects than now.

I don't think that's quite as crazy as Brain's Base doing Dororon Enma-kun one season and then Kamisama Dolls/Penguin Drum/Natsume in the next season.

Jex

So I just continued watching Nisemonogatari, after having stopped a few months ago because I got bored with it.
I got to episode 8 just now. What. The. Fuck. How is that.. I just can't even express how terrible this shit is.

I also tried watching Sword Art Online because everyone were raving about it. How trite, cliche and awful.

Fuck anime. I'm gonna stop for ten years and maybe by then I'll have a couple of shows actually worth watching.

Thanks?

Reknoc

Sometimes a show transcends bad into something special, then we aim to share it's specialness with everyone.

Well there was that one time they had Un-Go and Tiger and Bunny...

Those were better times, since the adverts never loaded (but always left a buffering symbol on the video).

Articalys

Saimoe Round 2 - Groups C & D, Day 4 Results

C4
1st 220 Yayoi Kise @ Smile Pretty Cure!
2nd 195 Ui Hirasawa @ K-On!
3rd 114 Yune @ Ikoku Meiro No Croisee

D4
1st 224 Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar
2nd 204 Makoto Kikuchi @ The Idolmaster
3rd 97 Saber @ Fate/Zero

Amusingly enough, this sets up a Rie vs. Rie match (Nagi/Louise) in the next round.

Anyway, this marks the halfway through round 2; a one day break and then back to things tomorrow.

Go_Ly_Dow

One of the best things about Hyouka is the character development as they progress from archetypes to individualized characters. There's a lot of potential for Chitanda in a second season if they continue her development like this.

the whole ending scene made me think: YUKIKO

Jarmel

Banned
I vehemently disagree with this line of argument. It artificially restricts characters into some kind of box labelled 'relatable' which inherently hampers the kind of stories that can be told. If every character has to be 'relatable', as in, likeable (which I believe is what your argument is implying) to a general audience, then storytelling as a whole would be gravely impoverished.

I am interested in works with authentically human characters, some of which will be completely unlikeable.

Relatable doesn't have to be likable. A perfect example would be Walter from Breaking Bad, not many people would find him likable but there are people that can relate to his general circumstances and situation. An anime example might be Lelouch in that people related to his motivations even if they thought he was a douchebag or hated his approaches. I would say especially great villains are relatable to an extent in that the audience can wonder if they would do something similar.

Tari Tari 11

Sums up Taichi's role in the show.

First half was nice. Everyone working towards putting on the musical was fun and nice to see people's talent and lack of talent being shown.

Second half wasn't as nice.
The whole closing the school thing is pretty stupid. It feels tacked on and only there to give unnecessary drama.
Hell, even after the fact that it was announced, the show felt completely different than what it was before.

But, at least it does look like the power of music is going to save the day.

Kazzy

Tari Tari 11

But, at least it does look like the power of music is going to save the day.

And you'd be right!

I was actually glad they managed to deliver all that sentimentality, whilst side-stepping all the cliche-ridden nonsense. Well, barring the needless injection of drama towards the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom