• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
She probably has nothing to do with the marketing, if she's basically churning out scripts for whatever anime studio needs writers.

More details have been revealed on PA Works' previously announced original anime project with Dengeki, Nagi no Asukara:

Cast:
Hikari Sakishima - Natsuki Hanae
Manaka Mukaido - Kana Hanazawa

The first PV will be shown at Dengeki's anniversary event on October 20th.

Previous info:
Director - Toshiya Shinohara
Series Composition - Mari Okada
Original Character Designs - Buriki

New key visual and character designs:

even with Buriki everything looks so generic. PA Works is truly a magical studio.

Steroyd

Cast:

Esquipade-yay.gif

Esquipade-cry.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I should probably learn who these people are or perhaps I'm better off not knowing. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Defuser

Oh hell yeah! Glad to see goddess Kana hanazawa getting more lead roles.
The first PV will be shown at Dengeki's anniversary event on October 20th.

Previous info:
Director - Toshiya Shinohara
Original Character Designs - Buriki

New key visual and character designs:
Oh hell naw! Why do PA works always work with her?

sonicmj1

Hey guys! Did you want to know what happened after the end of the war between the Federation and Zeon?

No?

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 12: Last Resort

I don't know why this episode even exists. It's minor enough that I can just kind of pretend it never happened, but it raises some pretty big problems.

The shift in tone isn't really a problem. It's melancholy and laconic, but that fits the period where the episode is set. I don't mind what happened to the team, or anything like that.

The problem is that the episode shows us if there's anything more evil than war, it's kids. Kids suck.

ibxpLo9dD5wh6e.png

What is this shit, Eureka Seven? Get out of my mech show.

I have no idea what these kids are supposed to communicate. They're creepy and weird. The moment where
they "return their names" to Michel and Kiki feels emotionally weightless, so the whole thing is just bewildering.
But most importantly, the circumstances make Shiro seem like a huge jerk, going against all of the show's messaging to that point so the show can earn one more bit of emotional catharsis. I'll detail my objections below.

So Shiro and Aina barely survive the explosion of the Apsalus, and they run away so nothing will come between their love. They start anew. Then they find a group of kids who were conditioned by Zeon to be loyal soldiers. They teach them important practical life skills, conduct a symbolic ceremony to completely cut themselves off from the past, and then they leave the kids in the wilderness to fend for themselves as soldiers of Zeon. What the fucking fuck? Why wouldn't they help them find civilization? Why wouldn't they convince their charges, who deeply idolize them, that they shouldn't sacrifice themselves for a meaningless, stupid war? It feels completely out of character.

Also, the general animation quality seemed below par here in general, though I can't point to specific examples.

It's not awful, but this episode shouldn't have been made, given how great a conclusion the finale was.

Firemind

I have no idea what these kids are supposed to communicate. They're creepy and weird. The moment where
they "return their names" to Michel and Kiki feels emotionally weightless, so the whole thing is just bewildering.
But most importantly, the circumstances make Shiro seem like a huge jerk, going against all of the show's messaging to that point so the show can earn one more bit of emotional catharsis. I'll detail my objections below.

So Shiro and Aina barely survive the explosion of the Apsalus, and they run away so nothing will come between their love. They start anew. Then they find a group of kids who were conditioned by Zeon to be loyal soldiers. They teach them important practical life skills, conduct a symbolic ceremony to completely cut themselves off from the past, and then they leave the kids in the wilderness to fend for themselves as soldiers of Zeon. What the fucking fuck? Why wouldn't they help them find civilization? Why wouldn't they convince their charges, who deeply idolize them, that they shouldn't sacrifice themselves for a meaningless, stupid war? It feels completely out of character.

Also, the general animation quality seemed below par here in general, though I can't point to specific examples.

It's not awful, but this episode shouldn't have been made, given how great a conclusion the finale was.

The children have been a part of the first experiments involving Newtypes. My memory is hazy, but I believe they were about to leave Earth, but came down crashing and got separated. It wasn't a good episode, but it has some relevance on the One Year War that's about to happen in the near future. The last scene was touching too.

The manga seems entertaining enough, although It's still relatively new to me. Is it worth seeing it through?
Manga is full of very good moments and the author never fails to surprise me .. you should check it out.

What tragedy? There's no tragedy in my world.
I've just woken up and then i see that kayos is back ..
A world without tragedies ? sound boring to me
A day in the e-life of Kirito and worstgirl. Well at least there's fishing.
I like fishing.
Fishing is good ..Especially when you're not trying to catch a fish

( like in those yakuza games )

sonicmj1

The children have been a part of the first experiments involving Newtypes. My memory is hazy, but I believe they were about to leave Earth, but came down crashing and got separated. It wasn't a good episode, but it has some relevance on the One Year War that's about to happen in the near future. The last scene was touching too.

I believe the Newtype thing (I was considering making a joke about Coordinators), though I don't care too much since this is my first UC Gundam. It seems like they were on a ship that was going to get shot down, and their escape craft was sent to Earth.

The last scene was nice, but not enough to redeem the whole episode.

duckroll

http://neragaku.com/contents.php?p=staff
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14328

Something I didn't notice before, but a more complete staff list is up for Nerawareta Gakuen. The staff list is particularly interesting because instead of regular Sunrise staff on the movie, it looks like Ryosuke Nakamura brought with him a pretty complete team from his Madhouse projects:

Director: Ryosuke Nakamura (Aoi Bungaku Ep9-10, Mōryō no Hako)
Screenplay: Ryosuke Nakamura, Yuko Naito
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Mieko Hosoi ((Aoi Bungaku Ep9-10)
Art Director: Hidetoshi Kaneko (Aoi Bungaku Ep9-10, Mōryō no Hako)
Color design: Yuko Kobari (Aoi Bungaku Ep7-10)
Image Art: Yoshitsugi Yoshida
Screen Design: Kenichi Shimizu (Aoi Bungaku Ep9-10 animator)
Special Effects: Kumiko Taniguchi (Mōryō no Hako)
CG Director: Tomohiko Kan
Director of Photography: Shinichi Igarashi (Aoi Bungaku Ep9-10, Mōryō no Hako)
Editing: Aya Hida
Sound Director: Youji Shimizu
Music: Shusei Murai (Aoi Bungaku Ep9-10, Mōryō no Hako)

Pretty impressive how he managed to grab all his regular main staffers even after changing studio. Madhouse is Deadhouse indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom