• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I understand that I don't watch shit shows or show that don't appeal to me. My point is that giving a 1 is just as critical as giving a 10. Extremes are hard to reach imo.

I think its pretty easy for an anime to reach a 1 or a 10, the middle is difficult. To me to get a 10 it just needs tons of good characters, the friendship that I like, music, action, and emotion and some really good drama.

1 is just, well needs no plot or horrible plot, extremely slow pacing, focus on characters or a premise that no one cares about, boring and ugly character designs, and an awful main character and more.

Eiken
Hana Yori Dango
Tekken the Movie
Sonic the Movie
My Sister is Among Them
Angel Beats
Amazing Nurse Nanako

Off the top of my head...

There was a Sonic movie?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think its pretty easy for an anime to reach a 1 or a 10, the middle is difficult. To me to get a 10 it just needs tons of good characters, the friendship that I like, music, action, and emotion and some really good drama.

1 is just, well needs no plot or horrible plot, extremely slow pacing, focus on characters or a premise that no one cares about, boring and ugly character designs, and an awful main character and more.

There was a Sonic movie?

Well... I don't really know what to say then....

Ryuukan

tumblr_mayq6s3ay41qbxqfpo1_500.png

Though Ive seen over 170

Thank god. I thought I was the only one who thought H&C was a waste of time.

Unable to enjoy college life experience.

BluWacky

Why do you guys watch bad shows? Just wondering.

I don't intend to!

When I was a student I used to watch the first episode of everything, just in case it was better than I thought it was going to be, which is why I've seen the first episode of an awful lot of early 00s shows. I also "had" to watch shows I didn't like at the time because I ran my university anime club - and after 2003-04, where I programmed nothing but depressing grey shows like Wolf's Rain and Last Exile, there was a bit of a backlash against my tastes which meant watching things like Galaxy Angel and Slayers which I'm not a fan of. I think all of the terrible shows I gave 1/10 to are things I watched when I was a student.

These days I don't tend to make so much of an effort to watch everything, so I don't see so much "bad" anime - I know my tastes, I tend to know what the "objective" quality of a show will be through PVs, synopses etc. and so I don't tend to get caught out very often.

I get much more hyped up about shows that I'm looking forward to than I used to (although little will reach the levels of hype I reached for Noein in 2005), but I tend to decide what I'm going to watch long before it even airs and usually only deviate from that if it gets a lot of positive feedback in here or elsewhere.

I have no interest in the hatewatching that goes on in here. I tend to find bad films/TV shows/anime boring, rather than entertainingly crap; having suffered through years of people MST3king through shows I loved I mostly find it frustrating.

cajunator

Banned
I don't intend to!

When I was a student I used to watch the first episode of everything, just in case it was better than I thought it was going to be, which is why I've seen the first episode of an awful lot of early 00s shows. I also "had" to watch shows I didn't like at the time because I ran my university anime club - and after 2003-04, where I programmed nothing but depressing grey shows like Wolf's Rain and Last Exile, there was a bit of a backlash against my tastes which meant watching things like Galaxy Angel and Slayers which I'm not a fan of. I think all of the terrible shows I gave 1/10 to are things I watched when I was a student.

Oh my dear god yes. these shows are the best!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I mean... I don't think it's having a monocle or anything. It's just... if it's bad... why do you put yourself through it?

/XX/

I like the fact that Kana Hanawaza and Miyuki Sawashiro have roles in many different animes, now.
I don't dislike it myself (and I loved her work on Osamu's Natsu no Sora) but when you start to associate a voice you have heard so much with previous character archetypes done, I think you can't take it much more seriously. As if there is a disconnection.

Articalys

I haven't read the manga, but this could be neat. I look forward to seeing the staff working on it.
That can be arranged.
The official website for Kodansha's Morning magazine and manga imprint announced on Thursday that not only is Hikaru Nakamura's Saint Young Men comedy manga getting an anime film, but also a separate, original anime DVD. The special edition of the eighth manga volume will bundle the DVD when it ships on December 3.

The website also announced the film's staff:

Director: Noriko Takao (episode director on Clannad, K-ON!, Lucky Star)
Screenplay: Rika Nezu (live-action Kimi ni Todoke, live-action Absolute Boyfriend)
Character Designer: Naoyuki Asano (chief animation director on Doraemon films)
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
Music: Keiichi Suzuki (Tokyo Godfathers, No. 6, live-action Uzumaki, Outrage Beyond), Ryomei Shirai (20th Century Boys)
Production: Aniplex, Kodansha, TOHO
Distribution: TOHO Films

The website reports, tongue-in-cheek, that production on the film is going well for release sometime "this century."

Branduil

So I just continued watching Nisemonogatari, after having stopped a few months ago because I got bored with it.
I got to episode 8 just now. What. The. Fuck. How is that.. I just can't even express how terrible this shit is.

I also tried watching Sword Art Online because everyone were raving about it. How trite, cliche and awful.

Fuck anime. I'm gonna stop for ten years and maybe by then I'll have a couple of shows actually worth watching.

There are good shows airing, it sounds like you just chose some bad ones. Try Usagi Drop, Fate/Zero, Hyouka, and Kids on the Slope.

I don't dislike it myself (and I loved her work on Osamu's Natsu no Sora) but when you start to associate a voice you have heard so much with previous character archetypes done, I think you can't take it much more seriously. As if there is a disconnection.

well, I didn't watch all animes with her in the last 5 years but I think she has talent and a wide range of different voices, so I don't think that's a real problem compared to Kugimiya or Omigawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom