• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Not quite teatable flipping, but here's one for you duck.

tumblr_m8006bq0HO1rr23bv.gif

CiSTM

Banned
Has there been any word when Silver Spoon anime starts? It's really the only new anime adaptation I'm interested to see.

BluWacky

Has there been any word when Silver Spoon anime starts? It's really the only new anime adaptation I'm interested to see.

I'm not sure how "official" the anime adaptation is yet. I don't think it's been announced by Shounen Sunday or anyone closely linked with the manga - the only report I can find of it happening is from an article in Da Vinci magazine in March.

I'd have thought an adaptation was an inevitability, but at present there's basically no news.

Something i've been wondering lately.

Why do most toku/anime games always have insanely long super move animations? I know it's all fanservice, but when your special animation takes up about 30 secs and the fight lasts a total of about 1.5 min....

Didn't those naruto ps2 game specials even have loading?

Crazy. you'd think folks that would pick up an anime fighter... ah. nvm.

Well for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm the first had longer specials then the rest cut them down to mere seconds for the sake of faster gameplay, which was not a good decision, the ultimate ninjutsus deserve to be longer cause their so good.

Finally confirmation, god damn. Blood Lad anime coming 2013.

http://i.imgur.com/OBkvT.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Now we just need the only other announced anime that vanished without a trace, [B]Arve Rezzle: Kikaijikake no Yoseitachi[/B] , to get dated.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 8

All my watery eyes. Not what I expected the teachers story to be. My lead pairs for this would be Oojima and Yume, or Oojima and the teacher. I can only see Chisato as his friend not really nothing more. Shinomine is interesting too.

Preview:
I guess Chisato backstory next episode?

Eureka Seven AO 18
tumblr_m9m0gp3zZq1qdfvslo1_500.gif

Well I guess its an alright episode for opening up a possible final arc of the anime. Like wheres its going with it
humans v humans, finally
. Just wish we got more Truth and Ao on screen, as well as the blue dude with Gazelle.

cajunator

Banned
I'm personally not really big on the whole list wars thing but I guess since I've never posted it before, to those whom it may interest, here is my list of shows that I've been following and I've dropped none:

Binbougami ga!
Hyouka
Joshiraku
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Rinne no Lagrange Season 2
Saint Seiya Omega
Smile Precure!
Tari Tari

This is a pretty good list, actually.
I havent seen much of SSO though.

tonight, i learned that kirino actually has brown hair.

everything i've ever known was a lie...

She still sucks!

I'm done with anime. I don't even think I care about Fall 2012 anymore. Fuck it. :(

*hugs Duckie

Uchip

Banned
Eureka Seven AO 18

Well I guess its an alright episode for opening up a possible final arc of the anime. Like wheres its going with it
humans v humans, finally
. Just wish we got more Truth and Ao on screen, as well as the blue dude with Gazelle.

that scene and every other scene involving those two made very little sense to me
they arent even acting like humans, and why do people put up with being held at gunpoint by little girls in giant mechs? its so infuriatingly surreal

duckroll

Looks like Shiro Sagisu is indeed composing for Magi! The "big event" that they announced is a fan event on 9/30 at Shibuya Hikarie, in the big hall on the 9th floor. They'll be announcing the full cast at the event.

Also... FUCK IT! JUST FUCK IT ALL! FUCK MBS! FUCK BONES! FUCK BANDAI VISUAL! FUCK KYODA! FUCK AIKAWA! FUCK THE OLYMPICS! FUCK MY LIFE! :(

Theonik

He could think of it as if it's like waiting for the prologue episode of Un-Go!
Ouch!

Looks like Shiro Sagisu is indeed composing for Magi! The "big event" that they announced is a fan event on 9/30 at Shibuya Hikarie, in the big hall on the 9th floor. They'll be announcing the full cast at the event.

Also... FUCK IT! JUST FUCK IT ALL! FUCK MBS! FUCK BONES! FUCK BANDAI VISUAL! FUCK KYODA! FUCK AIKAWA! FUCK THE OLYMPICS! FUCK MY LIFE! :(

SNAP OUT OF IT!

Hopefully its Bleach quality level music, one of the best anime sounds.

Defuser

Goddamn, end of september? I can't wait that looooong for info!

Rektash

Oh sweet, interesting. Though I haven t watched the last Berserk movie, a friend of mine told me he didn t like the Sagisu OST much. I still have hope though as Sagisu usually does a great job. Also he is a Bach fan.

*crawls back from where he came*

sonicmj1

The Hosodapocalypse is coming. Repent, sinners.

Paranoia Agent 8

What an amazing episode. This is some of the best dark humor I've encountered in anime in ages.

Yeah, this episode has nothing at all to do with Shonen Bat or the mystery or anything, but fuck it. It's awesome, and it's thematically relevant.

One of my favorite things about the episode is how much it trusts the audience to put together the pieces around the characters of Fuyubachi, Zebra, and Kaname. There are two or three short moments for each character over the course of the episode that tell you why they want to kill themselves, which the script never goes out of its way to highlight.
Zebra drops his locket, and the camera focuses on its contents for a fraction of a second, showing him with his boyfriend. Which ties into how he overreacts to Fuyabushi at the end of the episode, where he was putting on a front to keep his homosexuality from the world. Fuyubachi, with his immaculately curled hair and cravat, carries around candies meant to be given to grandchildren, and seems to be in pain while he sleeps. Kaname cries crocodile tears to earn the sympathy of her companions, yet sincerely panics when she fears she's lost them forever.
This episode has only as much exposition as it needs, which makes it easy to watch and rewarding to see again.

iCwRDLBKq6N2a.png

Her "weeping" here begins with shouting well before tears start to form, which indicates to me that it's an act. But nobody acknowledges that explicitly. Smart storytelling.

Also, the eyes in this episode felt very different to me than other episodes. I wonder if it's a staff thing.

It does loosely tie into the show's plot in one way, though.
All the characters are confronted with serious issues in their lives, and they seek a release from those issues as much as anyone. But Shonen Bat does not come for them. Partially because they already killed themselves, but also because they found each other, and they're not alone in the world.

My take on the ending is that
they're ghosts, but they weren't always ghosts. If you watch the episode again, they make shadows on the ground when they're being chased by Kaname, but after the incident in the abandoned building (which they enter at night, but leave with the sun shining brightly), their shadows are not drawn again.

I hope the plot never comes back if it means more episodes like this.

duckroll

Natsuyuki - Episode 9

I watched this earlier, but before I could post impressions the shitstorm with E7AO happened. Oh well. This was a pretty good episode. I like it when characters are honest with themselves, and there was a lot of "opening up" in this episode even if it was mostly in terms of flashbacks and characters accepting what is going on. Just 2 more episodes now, I think we can get to the end without cutting ourselves too much! Yay.

Also, it's kinda depressing to see that this is another episode Manglobe worked on. Not because that's bad or anything, but because this is the sort of show that Manglobe used to make themselves, before they turned into a turd factory. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom