• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

ibqSOGHvrnoxvS.PNG

Four lists in and no sign of Studio Ghibli. Impressive.

Look again.

Edit:

ipwRZI0Fmq8PM.png

madp

The Light of El Cantare
6bVOK.jpg

List needs rebalancing. A few of these 10s are from my older days and probably wouldn't hold up on rewatch, whereas a few films might get bumped up and I have a couple of things like Monster and LOGH that are almost certainly future 10s when I finish but I stalled out on for whatever reason.

Oh, and my worst OF ALL TIME:

ObSjt.jpg

Jex

The good thing about animation is that you don't have to follow logical perspectives or conventional-isms as technological limiting factors like camera lens design (glass elements position, optical materials... whatever) that determine part of the look, the composition of a scene... another matter would be judging the effectiveness of such shot, though, if it accomplishes anything being done like that. For that, in the case of the promotional image you first mention I think like you, but I also don't think there is 'a correct way' unless it is first specified by the author(s) of the image what was the original objective.

Right, they have freedom to shape the world however they see fit. I just find it odd that such techniques are used at all when they serve no apparent purpose in the shot.
if you have the right distance the person in the middle will look pretty normal.

a group works too

There's really clear curvature on both those photos, especially the group one.

Jex

I don't have anything to add to this ranking..display because I don't have anything on MAL. In addition, I don't really score what I watch so I wouldn't be able to produce a really clear "best/worst" anime list.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't have anything to add to this ranking because I don't have anything on MAL. I don't really score stuff.

You can still make a MAL without scoring anything. I like it doing it to find out how much of my life I've wasted watching anime.

Days: 149.88

So close to 150!

Thoraxes

I'm slow, but I just read: Nekomonogatari (White) to Koimonogatari would then follow as a 26-episode TV series.

I just...
yes...
basssseeddd SHHAAAFFTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even believe we're getting into some of my favorite stuff from the series because it has more of the best girl.
PLEASE PLEASE NADEKO POOL OMG PLEASE ANIMATE IT PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

XPBkh.gif

Thoraxes

Where did you read that? All I've seen is that they're doing Neko.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-26/nisioisin-nekomonogatari-black-anime-to-air-on-tv

NisiOisin's Tsukimonogatari novel goes on sale this week with a flyer that reveals that a premiere screening of the Nekomonogatari (Black) anime will be held "before the TV broadcast." NisiOisin's Nekomonogatari (Black) novel contains the "Tsubasa Family" story, set between Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari, with the character Tsubasa Hanekawa.

The premium screening will be held in Tokyo at the end of the year. People who collect the entry stubs from five NisiOisin Matsuri 2012 campaign items can submit them for a chance to win the campaign's top prize: one of 240 passes to the exclusive screening event with the cast.

The producers had revealed in April that they want to create an anime adaptation of Nekomonogatari (Black), the last title of the Monogatari novel series' "first season," into a (then still) undecided format. The six works that make up the "second season" of the Monogatari series that span from Nekomonogatari (White) to Koimonogatari would then follow as a 26-episode TV series.

The "third season" of Monogatari novels, Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari, and Zokuowarimonogatari, was planned for publication this year, but only Tsukimonogatari has been scheduled.

I'm slow, but I just read: Nekomonogatari (White) to Koimonogatari would then follow as a 26-episode TV series.

I just...
yes...
basssseeddd SHHAAAFFTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even believe we're getting into some of my favorite stuff from the series because it has more of the best girl.
PLEASE PLEASE NADEKO POOL OMG PLEASE ANIMATE IT PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://i.imgur.com/XPBkh.gif[MG][/QUOTE]

The Koimonogatari anime will break my heart (again), so I can't wait to see it.

fertygo

My top 10

qcNtO.png

Don't ask me why I rate some random moe-blob slice of life 10 n moribito just 9, because I love Hyakko for no explainable reason.

Maybe I will rate F/Z with 10 too, but I'll wait until I rewatch 2nd season in BD.

Steroyd

Nodame Cantabile, Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu , Gintama, Sailormoon S and Trigun. are the only shows I gave a 10.

Hidan no Aria, Black Rock Shooter TV and some glitch in my list called Darker than Black Ryuusei no Gemini are shows I gave less than a 4.
Eiken would have got a 1, but that shit ain't going my list.

Branduil

I don't have anything to add to this ranking..display because I don't have anything on MAL. In addition, I don't really score what I watch so I wouldn't be able to produce a really clear "best/worst" anime list.

MAL is useful for a lot of things besides scores.

/XX/

Right, they have freedom to shape the world however they see fit. I just find it odd that such techniques are used at all when they serve no apparent purpose in the shot.
Totally understandable, that is why I quoted only your second post about it! I would have agreed completely if it wasn't for that example from Mr. Oshii's work; don't misunderstood me, the shot in question is excellent at what it does, but as something that tries to follow too closely live-action cinema direction I don't think it is a "correct" example of what it can be achieved with animation.

Well... it is really a correct example in the context you have posted it (as a visually distorted 'fisheye lens'-like image), but I just wanted to point out that, in my opinion, the "correct" part can be relative on the medium as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom