• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I can't believe how Kana Hanazawa has creeped into FOUR of the shows I'm watching this Fall. WTF. :(

The many faces of Hanazawa this Fall:

seriously, she is in everything and it's mostly very similar characters, so tired of her voice >.<

not enough Maaya Sakamoto this year :mad:

Toriko 72 (funi/hulu numbering)
tumblr_mazefjK0Sc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think I would never eat any sort of insect, just seems creepy and disgusting. Anyway emotional episodes but not much else to say about it. Oh I do love Komatsu and Toriko's close friendship.

Did they ever even give a reason why it ended, I started it quite a while after it had finished.

I can't imagine all the filler injected into the canon was very good for ratings. Arc fatigue definitely had a hand in its premature ending and I'm sure they were very close to the manga.

It would be really cool if they came back because it's gotten better and I would love to see certain scenes animated.

You better get used to that.

When you stop to consider just how short the actual series is anyway, it's especially egregious.

I'm still mad about this. Really hope there's a season 2 since that's when all the best stuff happens (even if this will end on a strong note).

duckroll

You're right, of course.

My problem with the whole curved/fish-eye lens shot is that I can never understand why the background is curved but the characters are not - that's not how it works. This is actual my main been with all images of this type.

Ah well, I guess only Oshii understands how it's supposed to work:

patlabor52.jpg

You've reminded me of this shot in Akito.... lol. It really stood out because it was kinda weird, and also sorta lazy, and seemed to have been put it in just for the sake of variety because it was a long talky scene, instead of any deeper purpose in terms of visual direction.

iXzWwda5dF41s.jpg

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You've reminded me of this shot in Akito.... lol. It really stood out because it was kinda weird, and also sorta lazy, and seemed to have been put it in just for the sake of variety because it was a long talky scene, instead of any deeper purpose in terms of visual direction.

iXzWwda5dF41s.jpg

Now now, Ducky, maybe circular rooms are fashionable in The Holy Empire of Britannia!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

iXzWwda5dF41s.jpg

It looks like... the President's office in the White House...

Saint Seiya Omega 25

Crunchyroll commentors lies, how in the world was this 'the best episode so far'...Anyway, I think it was pretty alright even if Yuna was just completely worthless and a waste of time to focus on. I didnt even know what her role or relevancy was
she didnt even have an identifiable "rival" to fight or deep backstory
. Haruto and Ryuho were really good especially Ryuho. I do hope Lynx present time makes an appearance. Good.

Pokemon B/W Rival Destinies 31

Well you had your two episodes of fame, what'syourname. Now go back to being the gym leader no one cares about.

At least, they managed to make all the crappy ice Pokemon in this generation look somewhat impressive.

GUNDAM AGE - saga 1,2,3
AY95Il.jpg

i think this picture is one of many that could summarize gundam age well .. there is nothing i like in this picture ..and gundam age is full of this...

i've just finished gundam age .I want to write this while my thoughts are hot because i plan to forget as soon as i go to sleep.

i haven't watched all the gundam shows yet ..
I've seen the original gundam & sequels, seed & destiny, wing, X , 00 , unicorn , and a bit of turn A.

Gundam age is nothing ..and i mean it ..nothing ... It's full of new ideas poorly implemented and bad ideas .

First the idea of seeing characters growing up to see them change was supposed to be a good thing and they blew it ..Everything happens so fast , i don't even have the time to care about what's happening .this is especially true in saga 3..
The pacing is horrible and the main characters ( flit and asemu ) don't change much .the plot set them in a path and they don't change ( except in another saga ) .

what was the point of the 3 annoying kids in saga 3 ? They were there , served no purpose. Similary , asemu behavior between the timeskip makes no sense .i get that he had something vital to do ,
but no contact with his familly in 13 years ?

Why was the point of that annoying rookie captain in saga 3 .. i first i believe that she would snap out of it after a major event and be able to stand on her own ( and i guess she did ) but damn if that wasn't badly done.

i could go on forever on the characters ( so many ) .. Many were totally forgettable and it doesn't help that most of them dying in the whole story were capable characters
( grodek, wolf , seric and so on )
it's like they wanted all the characters to go on in a total spiral of stupid actions unchecked ...

Ezelcant goals were trully noble but his plan is the most stupid i've ever seen .. His eden trully had no real chance of being realised simply because he just wasted too much time..
in the end it was yet another cheap plot trick to explain the Main character PLOT ARMOR
What's with the hair , anyway??
Cmhodl.jpg

Seriously , nobody on mars could get him a normal haircut ?

Zehart was a decent character , mostly because he had 2 sagas to devellop and they just ruined him.. All of this ..for that ?
He just threw away everything he has done for no real reason..what prevented you , from regrouping and re attack , (or better send the annoying traitor in front of the diva to be killed ).

as for Kio
you're giving away your gundam secrets and your authentification process because they were nice to you ???
WTF

Fram , i disliked her at first , but she was surprisingly capable .. the way she ended was nothing but a total deception for me , especially considering what happenned after.

For all this talk about the war tide changer AKA
"EXA - DB" , it ended uber fast .. no side ever got it and they never needed it in the first place ..
All solved in 2 episode , somthing that was supposed to be a key plot point ( or introduced as such )

----
On The graphic side , there is nothing special ... a giant void .. plenty of cheap visual tricks but nothing deserving a mention in a gundam anime except "that" late episode .
Out of the 49 eps , 3 had an above average animation and even then None had a correct or decent choregraphy i was trully bored.

On the music , there were some nice thunes here and there ..nothing trully stood out..

On the gundam design side , ..AGE 2 ( regular ) is okay , Age-fx too ... vagan gundam is also correct .. The rest can die in a fire ...AGE-2 ( pirate version ) is not bad BUT it feel like a missmatch of thing rather than a gundam design . i have no desire to play either of those gundam in a gundam VS 2 or in a robot taisen ....there is no feelign of epicness in them..

The blandness of the plot , and the amount of plot armor each MC had , coupled with the weird pacing and the unablility to make me care about the characters made an enjoyment of gundam age way too hard.
4/10 ( will never watch again )

PS: Sunrise , please don't ever use this character designs EVER AGAIN ...

... glass fleet??!?!

glassfleet11.jpg

Listen , i've just finished a 49 (very average) show with bad design..and you're presenting me worse designs ?

I need to go to sleep

If I lived on Mars I'd have a crazy hair style as well. I mean, it just seems like it should be the done thing.

Every other martian is a normal character.. It's the mastermind that has this "haircut"

wanna see a normal martian in gundam age ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom