• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Shiro Sagisu is indeed composing for Magi! The "big event" that they announced is a fan event on 9/30 at Shibuya Hikarie, in the big hall on the 9th floor. They'll be announcing the full cast at the event.

Also... FUCK IT! JUST FUCK IT ALL! FUCK MBS! FUCK BONES! FUCK BANDAI VISUAL! FUCK KYODA! FUCK AIKAWA! FUCK THE OLYMPICS! FUCK MY LIFE! :(
I dont understand whats happenning to duckroll.
Is this some secret code im not supposed to decipher ?

cajunator

Banned
The Hosodapocalypse is coming. Repent, sinners.

Paranoia Agent 8

What an amazing episode. This is some of the best dark humor I've encountered in anime in ages.

Yeah, this episode has nothing at all to do with Shonen Bat or the mystery or anything, but fuck it. It's awesome, and it's thematically relevant.

One of my favorite things about the episode is how much it trusts the audience to put together the pieces around the characters of Fuyubachi, Zebra, and Kaname. There are two or three short moments for each character over the course of the episode that tell you why they want to kill themselves, which the script never goes out of its way to highlight.
Zebra drops his locket, and the camera focuses on its contents for a fraction of a second, showing him with his boyfriend. Which ties into how he overreacts to Fuyabushi at the end of the episode, where he was putting on a front to keep his homosexuality from the world. Fuyubachi, with his immaculately curled hair and cravat, carries around candies meant to be given to grandchildren, and seems to be in pain while he sleeps. Kaname cries crocodile tears to earn the sympathy of her companions, yet sincerely panics when she fears she's lost them forever.
This episode has only as much exposition as it needs, which makes it easy to watch and rewarding to see again.

It does loosely tie into the show's plot in one way, though.
All the characters are confronted with serious issues in their lives, and they seek a release from those issues as much as anyone. But Shonen Bat does not come for them. Partially because they already killed themselves, but also because they found each other, and they're not alone in the world.

My take on the ending is that
they're ghosts, but they weren't always ghosts. If you watch the episode again, they make shadows on the ground when they're being chased by Kaname, but after the incident in the abandoned building (which they enter at night, but leave with the sun shining brightly), their shadows are not drawn again.

I hope the plot never comes back if it means more episodes like this.

That episode did have a weird feel to it and I wasn't very keen on it. Otherwise the show is very good.

survivor

Banned
Finally confirmation, god damn. Blood Lad anime coming 2013.

Oh wow, I didn't notice because it was tucked in the corner of the cover announcement but: the studio producting Blood Lad is Brains Base!
Awesome, a competent studio is handling the adaptation.

But man, look at all those characters that we know jackshit about. Fuck, the anime probably won't even get that far so it will be a long time before we know anything about them.

The Hosodapocalypse is coming. Repent, sinners.

Paranoia Agent 8

What an amazing episode. This is some of the best dark humor I've encountered in anime in ages.

Yeah, this episode has nothing at all to do with Shonen Bat or the mystery or anything, but fuck it. It's awesome, and it's thematically relevant.

One of my favorite things about the episode is how much it trusts the audience to put together the pieces around the characters of Fuyubachi, Zebra, and Kaname. There are two or three short moments for each character over the course of the episode that tell you why they want to kill themselves, which the script never goes out of its way to highlight.
Zebra drops his locket, and the camera focuses on its contents for a fraction of a second, showing him with his boyfriend. Which ties into how he overreacts to Fuyabushi at the end of the episode, where he was putting on a front to keep his homosexuality from the world. Fuyubachi, with his immaculately curled hair and cravat, carries around candies meant to be given to grandchildren, and seems to be in pain while he sleeps. Kaname cries crocodile tears to earn the sympathy of her companions, yet sincerely panics when she fears she's lost them forever.
This episode has only as much exposition as it needs, which makes it easy to watch and rewarding to see again.

It does loosely tie into the show's plot in one way, though.
All the characters are confronted with serious issues in their lives, and they seek a release from those issues as much as anyone. But Shonen Bat does not come for them. Partially because they already killed themselves, but also because they found each other, and they're not alone in the world.

My take on the ending is that
they're ghosts, but they weren't always ghosts. If you watch the episode again, they make shadows on the ground when they're being chased by Kaname, but after the incident in the abandoned building (which they enter at night, but leave with the sun shining brightly), their shadows are not drawn again.

I hope the plot never comes back if it means more episodes like this.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Dresden

Waking up to read about ao and then seeing another reminder that furry children won't be seen by me until a BD release has me pretty sad.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Does duckroll need me to make another Hitler video but with E7AO and how the Olympics fucked it up. lol.

cajunator

Banned
This is just another victory for "Team wait for the show to finish airing before watching"

Usually the best way.
I remember how tough the wait was back when I used to buy anime one DVD volume at a time. There was a two month wait in between each release, and sometimes three :(

Usually the best way.
I remember how tough the wait was back when I used to buy anime one DVD volume at a time. There was a two month wait in between each release, and sometimes three :(

Glad those days are over. It's kind of funny to think that now you can commonly buy full series box sets for not much more than what a single three episode volume cost back then as well.

Glad those days are over. It's kind of funny to think that now you can commonly buy full series box sets for not much more than what a single three episode volume cost back then as well.

Be glad you guys can buy anime releases at all. Can't find anything where I live other than some 90s show.

Jarmel

Banned

Stulaw

red? either shes blonde or im colour blind

She dyes her hair, she's one of those highly fashionable Japanese teens, I think they mention it in both the anime and manga. Her hair is naturally brown.

And year it's blonde not red( I'm colourblind myself, but not to that extent)

cajunator

Banned
To be fair, I did enjoy Maburaho a lot for a haremshit, so it wasn't a bad purchase for me.

As for the E7AO news, well there wasn't much of a choice because of the fuckin Olympics.
How else could they have done it?

duckroll

How bad are the Japanese taking it? I'm sure some of them are laughing their heads off at this.

The E7AO threads on 2ch are pretty upset/worried. There isn't really much... laughing or anything. E7AO has a smaller fanbase, but people generally enjoy the show and have been speculating a lot and posting interesting theories every week analyzing the new information and hints. I don't think anyone following a show wants to learn that they're going to have to wait for months to get the ending. It just sucks. :(

cajunator

Banned
The E7AO threads on 2ch are pretty upset/worried. There isn't really much... laughing or anything. E7AO has a smaller fanbase, but people generally enjoy the show and have been speculating a lot and posting interesting theories every week analyzing the new information and hints. I don't think anyone following a show wants to learn that they're going to have to wait for months to get the ending. It just sucks. :(

That's why I never watch shows for the ending!
Well its one of the reasons anyway...

To be fair, I did enjoy Maburaho a lot for a haremshit, so it wasn't a bad purchase for me.

As for the E7AO news, well there wasn't much of a choice because of the fuckin Olympics.
How else could they have done it?

I honestly don't remember too much of it...sold it off years ago. That was back in my buy as much as possible phase but even then I don't think I would've stuck with it if was that bad.

Super bummed about AO...stupid damn Olympics.

cajunator

Banned
I honestly don't remember too much of it...sold it off years ago. That was back in my buy as much as possible phase but even then I don't think I would've stuck with it if was that bad.

Super bummed about AO...stupid damn Olympics.

Its a rather typical Haremshit but I liked Rin and Kuriko was batshit insane. Yuna was ok at first but she got worse as the series went on and by the end she was insufferable.
Overall I had a lot of fun with the show and it has a hilariously unconventional ending.

duckroll

http://www.7netshopping.jp/magazine/detail/-/accd/1200640678

表紙:マギ 巻頭特集:「マギ」アニメ情報 鷺巣詩郎インタビュー 巻頭C:マギ

The info box for the next issue of Shounen Sunday confirms that there is an interview with Shiro Sagisu about the Magi anime. So that's that. Confirmed. :)

Paranoia Agent 8
Easily my favorite episode of the series, and I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

I remember watching it on AdultSwim back when it aired and rushing to tv.com's forums to discuss it (largely because they didn't sub any of the signs, so the ending scene left me extremely curious) haha.

Cwarrior

Looks like Shiro Sagisu is indeed composing for Magi! The "big event" that they announced is a fan event on 9/30 at Shibuya Hikarie, in the big hall on the 9th floor. They'll be announcing the full cast at the event.

Also... FUCK IT! JUST FUCK IT ALL! FUCK MBS! FUCK BONES! FUCK BANDAI VISUAL! FUCK KYODA! FUCK AIKAWA! FUCK THE OLYMPICS! FUCK MY LIFE! :(

This where I be all smug and say "no need for this post, my words are all the conformation needed, when have I ever been wrong"

I have no clue what's going on with duckroll,what's this bones business.

Theonik

The Japanese blu don't have subs. :/
You can just do it like this one DVD set did a bit ago. (don't remember what it was but I do remember it was in one of the spring OTs, they gave a translated script on a disk and NO SUBS) and just find a translated script print it out and use as appropriate!

cajunator

Banned
This where I be all smug and say "no need for this post, my words are all the conformation needed, when I have I ever been wrong"

I have no clue what's going on with duckroll,what's this bones business.

Bones sucks, haven't you heard?
Ducky is upset because E7AO is going on indefinite hiatus because the
OLYMPICS ARE FUCKING SHIT

red? either shes blonde or im colour blind
kSPYW.jpg

Maybe strawberry blonde, is that better? Looks like burnt orange to me. Regardless, it's not normal.

You can just do it like this one DVD set did a bit ago. (don't remember what it was but I do remember it was in one of the spring OTs, they gave a translated script on a disk and NO SUBS) and just find a translated script print it out and use as appropriate!

lol :p

Btw, is there any list of anime that came out in region b?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom