• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Manami rules! :D. I put Kuro second.

I like Kuro better but Manami is second on my list
mXsor.jpg

BluWacky

lol :p

Btw, is there any list of anime that came out in region b?

Does it matter if it's European or Aussie? It's a bit tedious, but you can look through the individual threads on Fandom Post and check the tags to see if it's out on Blu Ray.

If it's UK only you care about, my slightly ridiculous suggestion is to filter search results on Amazon or LoveFilm if you subscribe. There will probably be a few things that don't count traditionally as anime in there (the LoveFilm list has Dante's Inferno, for instance) but there's only about 50 titles to go through unfortunately.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hate you. In all seriousness I really do hate the show. I watched like first 2 episodes and I dropped the show. It was stupid and I hated it. Even if the VA were good. Ugh.

Does it matter if it's European or Aussie? It's a bit tedious, but you can look through the individual threads on Fandom Post and check the tags to see if it's out on Blu Ray.

If it's UK only you care about, my slightly ridiculous suggestion is to filter search results on Amazon or LoveFilm if you subscribe. There will probably be a few things that don't count traditionally as anime in there (the LoveFilm list has Dante's Inferno, for instance) but there's only about 50 titles to go through unfortunately.

Australia is region b too. I heard Yu Yu Hakusho bluray is region free! Thats nice!

DiGiKerot

Does it matter if it's European or Aussie?

Although if you are talking about things that'll play on a Region B player in addition to having come out in Europe or Australia, a handful of US releases are multi-region (some of the Dragonball stuff like Kai, and Dance in the Vampire Bund spring to mind), as are most, if not all, Japanese releases...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Following that forum link posted above I saw there is a UK centric anime on demand streaming service. It has only three pages of stuff and most of it is from past seasons.

Typical.

DiGiKerot

Following that forum link posted above I saw there is a UK centric anime on demand streaming service. It has only three pages of stuff and most of it is from past seasons.

Apparently, according to the guy in charge of said service, There Are Things Happening With That Which He Can't Talk About Yet. Although that's been the case for the last six months, at least.

BluWacky

Apparently, according to the guy in charge of said service, There Are Things Happening With That Which He Can't Talk About Yet. Although that's been the case for the last six months, at least.

Clearly it's still "running" - I hadn't realised they were keeping up with Lagrange season 2 - but it's a bit odd that it's basically dropped off the face of the earth. Is it being run by the Kaze/Scotland Loves Animation guy?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Clearly it's still "running" - I hadn't realised they were keeping up with Lagrange season 2 - but it's a bit odd that it's basically dropped off the face of the earth. Is it being run by the Kaze/Scotland Loves Animation guy?

Does he enjoy anime that depicts freedom and telling the English to piss off?

jbug617

Banned
So on the official twitter for Kuroko no Basket they announced an anime original character. His name is Ginjo Takeshi and suppose to be
Kuroko's rival
. I seen the magazine scan of him and I don't think i'm allowed to post it in here.

I really hope this is arc is filler so they would have a good spot to start a second season. There is no way we get to see the last 2 GOM now though.

If this show is getting a second season it has to start with qualifications of Winter Cup

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

And this is why the market fails in the UK. I understand they have costs to cover but in a world where people expect to pay at most £29.99 for a COMPLETE series asking for triple that is a complete joke. And that's the people who buy packs day one. The general public (and if you want to expand the market you want to target the casual consumer) is the kind of person who waits for the sales and let me tell you seeing anime with a blue ribbon price is rarer than a silver slime in Mt. Moon.

Narag

One Piece 7

Luffy seriousing the fuck up is almost schizophrenic early on. It's ok though as I assume it's preceding a colossal assbeating for Buggy.

Reknoc

Typical.

It was a pretty terrible service even when it did try to simulcast.

Narag

Tora-chan no Kankan Mushi

Another Tora-chan movie from 1950, this time a 10 minute short. Tora and Miike are working on the side of a tuna ship when they piss off the ship's captain inadvertently. The captain makes matters worse for himself shortly thereafter. This felt like a nice blend of the previous two movies with the more comical gags present as they were in the second but with brief songs existing alongside it much like they did in the first movie.

4bLRWl.png
Q9S0tl.png
doBlwl.png

That fish was an asshole.

So on the official twitter for Kuroko no Basket they announced an anime original character. His name is Ginjo Takeshi and suppose to be
Kuroko's rival
. I seen the magazine scan of him and I don't think i'm allowed to post it in here.

I really hope this is arc is filler so they would have a good spot to start a second season. There is no way we get to see the last 2 GOM now though.

If this show is getting a second season it has to start with qualifications of Winter Cup

I guess that's a good place for them to stop, instead of suddenly stopping right before a game or whatever.

Looking at the scans, he looks boring. But, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom