• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Guys, how do you feel about Speed Grapher?

I remember watching a couple of episodes on TV back then, but now I'm thinking of going through it all.

I enjoyed it, but I got it really cheap. The Us version replaced Duran Duran's OP song :(
Its not the typical kind of show that I enjoy but I was in the kind of mood to watch it.

Darn I guess I need to move Gundam Wing up on my list to get, never found out if it was every released on blu ray or dvd.

Hopefully someone gets Seed HD...dont think I aim to get SEED just yet.

You should, its up there for the studios best anime and so worth it on blu ray, great quality.

Gundam Wing is still available at least from Amazon on DVD. There's no BD release that I know of. As far as SEED HD goes I wouldn't hold my breath.

Think I'll go for the Star Driver BD's first.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I enjoyed it, but I got it really cheap. The Us version replaced Duran Duran's OP song :(
Its not the typical kind of show that I enjoy but I was in the kind of mood to watch it.

The Brazilian version still had Girls on Film, haha. My favorite song from the show was this one, though.

Andrew J.

Kayos has an avatar bet going on right now on gaming-side.

If he loses, we should definitely try to convince Kagari to make him get a Lisbeth avatar.

Branduil

Hey guys guess what I'm doing this weekend....

WGRDP.jpg

http://www.animax.co.jp/table/pdf/201210_1.pdf

Eureka Seven AO Ep22 is the final broadcast episode. FML.

Bragging cometh before a fall.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yall make me sick. She's going to make me probably wear something I really really hate since she knows what I dislike anyway. T_T

Branduil

You can just do it like this one DVD set did a bit ago. (don't remember what it was but I do remember it was in one of the spring OTs, they gave a translated script on a disk and NO SUBS) and just find a translated script print it out and use as appropriate!

That's amazing.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 20

Aw, come on. Haruyuki was about to go full
Texas Chainsaw Massacre mode up on Noumi... And then the timer went up.
That scene was delicious. The one with Emboar... Not so much.

But the character development surprised me. Cartman's a man now.

Branduil

That looks pretty good. I find it funny that there's about one second of actual mecha footage in the whole trailer.

Speaking of which, that design? It's god damn ridiculous. Even the eyelid to the robot is covered in elaborate decoration:

gothicmade.png

I hope there's a scene where it rains on the mecha.

Jex

[FMA:B] - Whatever

There sure has been a lot of back to back fight scenes in the last few episodes. Say what you will about the original anime's story (and it was far from perfect) but at least it didn't go in this direction.
No one but Chirico Cuvie is allowed to use that smearing technique in a mecha show.

Branduil

Today's poster image was dumb so I got rid of the joke part of it, leaving just the contestants.

...well, if you really want to see it, here.

I don't get it.

Hey look, slapping done right! Leave it to BONES to understand the importance of proper physicality and kineticism in their slapping animation.

I have a theory why most people don't actually notice bad/lazy slapping animation. In live action the scene 'cuts' seconds before a hit connects to another person and the next shot will show the reaction from the person who just got his coupled with the audio of hit. Therefore, when an anime does it it's just mimicking live action. In anime, however, you have the freedom to actually show the hit connecting without needing to hide the fact that your actors aren't hitting each other.

Darker than Black gave BONES lots of practice in which to perfect their slapkuga techniques.

cajunator

Banned
Kayos has an avatar bet going on right now on gaming-side.

If he loses, we should definitely try to convince Kagari to make him get a Lisbeth avatar.

I would be ok with a Kayos Lisbeth avatar!

So, er, why is Tomat dead?

He sinned against GAF. He posted a ginormous picture.

Haruhi, Gurren Lagann, Star Driver, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Eureka Seven, Gundam anything, tons of other stuff

I have just about everything from Bandai that I wanted, but Im sure I missed a few.
But since their stuff is super cheap, I don't have to go on a crazy search like I did with Geneon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Accel World 21
I liked this episode for two reasons. 1)It had
The Red King.
2)It had Galaxian.

BluWacky

So when they go under, will it be a license free-for-all?

I guess so. I believe they were timing their eventual shut down for whenever their license agreements ran out. I doubt the rights have "far" to go to revert back to the original licensors - many of Bandai's licenses were shows produced at least in part by Bandai in Japan after all - so it will be interesting to see whether Bandai Visual tries to step back into the US market in some way (as with their ill-fated premium releases a few years ago) or whether the rights to some of their more successful shows are tendered out elsewhere.

I'm sure Cowboy Bebop won't remain unlicensed for long at least, although the "shine" may have gone off several of the other Toonami/Adult Swim titles by now - I don't think Outlaw Star would be anywhere near as big a seller these days as it apparently was for Bandai originally. I expect we'll see a few cheap Funimation boxsets appear in due course.

Someone wrote up a nice, detailed summary of the voice actor drama surrounding Kokoro Connect. Some choice extracts:

Before the Kokoro Connect anime began airing, a prank was being planned on an unsuspecting and aspiring voice actor [Mitsuhiro Ichiki] that ended up being more an abuse of power than a simple joke. The producer who seemingly planned all this is called Yamanaka Takahiro, he works for King Records.

During the stage event, Ichiki was called on to stage, he was not called into any rehearsals or given a script for the event, so he was just told to arrive for a surprise announcement, he was lead to believe his anime original character would be announced. As he appears on stage he introduces himself and they play a tape. This video then shows that the audition was fake and the role was made up to. He's not going to be starring in the anime. During the video, they play his audition then they cut it up and splice in weird questions and use the lines he was auditioning for, out of context, as his responses. This tape was all narrated by Terashima Takuma, including lines mocking Ichiki.

During the publicity and promotional campaign for the anime in Osaka, a video was posted on ustream of Ichiki along side Kanemoto Hisako. During this video Ichiki is made to play a "punishment game" and the punishment is being electrocuted. During this video Kanemoto makes the following remarks:

K: You're really busy this summer! Isn't that great? Going from Kyuushu to Hokkaido (lol)
I: As the Publicity Chief of this project, well after various things, I have to do it...
K: Wait, you "have" to do it? But didn't you want to do it? I mean what with that-
I: No, didn't you see it?!
K: At the audition you yourself said "I want to do it!" so passionately, didn't you?
I: [Turning away from her] How can you say that when you know exactly what happened?!

A few moments later;
I: The people I just cannot stand are Terashima Takuma and- (low frequency shock) ooowwww
K: (laughing) Chief! Chief, come back! (he fell to the side out of pain)

All of this was mostly unknown until a short while ago, when people found a tweet by Kikuchi Hajime (from Eufonius) making fun of Momoi Haruko because she tweeted about being happy that people were karaoke'ing her songs this then made some people check his profile and other tweets, and they noticed a tweet from him about how easy it was to manipulate a certain "someone" because he thinks he can get by in the VA industry with hard work. That certain "someone" being Ichiki.

As the 2ch investigation began, they started linking things together and found his appearance on a radio show with Tomokazu Sugita.

Ichiki was a guest on Tomokazu Sugita's radio show that discusses video games; "anigera". A keen listener sent in a letter regarding Ichiki and the "prank", Sugita got curious and got Ichiki to tell the entire story. Sugita usually is a very chatty and jovial person, but during this entire story, Sugita was very quiet and patiently listened to it all. At the very end Sugita said "If it were me I would remember the face of everyone there forever". Sugita is a very popular voice actor, among VAs he has the highest number of followers on Twitter.

At a recent Namco Bandai Live webcast about video games, Sugita was a guest along side Terashima:

>Sugita, after seating down, gets as far away from Terashima as possible.
>He maintains his distance throughout the show.
>Sugita does not glance at Terashima one bit during the show.
>Terashima talks to Sugita but is ignored
>While they're playing games, Sugita does not talk to him
>Sugita: (Something about 00Gundam). Terashima laughs but is ignored
>Sugita: (Something about signing). Again Terashima laughs but is ignored again.
>Sugita: [BUSHUUU~~] Terashima: [At the end that's it? lol] Sugita: *Ignores Terashima*
>Terashima does a body touch, Sugita completely ignores him.

What a mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom