• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

The first episode is shot like a homemade video they make for the new manager as an introduction to all the girls in the group.

I believe Narag is aware of that and is simply reacting to the use of the phrase "rape cam".

Which, I must admit, baffled me as well.

Kazzy

BDs only went on sale for the first time last week. We were still selling releases on VHS till 2010.

The fact that this was given any sort of credence in here, makes me happy. Although, it makes me wonder what some believe the UK is actually like.

Narag

I believe Narag is aware of that and is simply reacting to the use of the phrase "rape cam".

Which, I must admit, baffled me as well.

Actually had no idea. The questionable phrasing didn't really help me figure it out either.

The first episode is shot like a homemade video they make for the new manager as an introduction to all the girls in the group.

This makes more sense. Thanks.

The truth the FPS industry didn't want you to know. You're secretly playing the part of Mr. R. A. Pist.

Do I need to turn myself in to the local authorities or will they come for me?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The fact that this was given any sort of credence in here, makes me happy. Although, it makes me wonder what some believe the UK is actually like.

The joke went on even longer in the IRC and it was only until I said that games on the PS3 still came on cartridges that people thought there may be a chance I was lying.

Episode 1 of The Idolmaster was one of its better episodes. The documentary conceit was pretty neat. I will refrain from commenting on the ludicrously inaccurate description of it.

first eps of idolmaster reminds me of eroge with the silent dude and how stuff were...framed?

And i've seen some craaazzy eroge. For science.

Actually might just be one of those pervert games.

Kazzy

The joke went on even longer in the IRC and it was only until I said that games on the PS3 still came on cartridges that people thought there may be a chance I was lying.

Well, we did bypass the previous two generations completely. I was sad to see the back of my Megadrive.

Narag

Manyuu Hikenchou 10

I can't believe Kaede made a friggin' chart for Chifusa's growth. Weird way to tell the Ouka's story too.

wonzo

Banned
savinganime19ABe.jpg

today is good day

Now I'm kind of morbidly curious to check out The Idolm@ster.
It's legit good. Check it out!

duckroll

Tari Tari - Episode 10

Not bad. Fun episode. Nothing much to discuss though. Although I was thinking to myself towards the end of the episode "hmmm, there's quite a bit of random action, I wonder if Okamura storyboarded this episode..." and lo and behold when the episode ended, he was indeed the storyboarder! Lol.

Branduil

Hyouka 20

ibrHEyY2eC1VAv.jpg

Chitanda=KyoAni

What an amazing episode. I didn't realize Houtarou was capable of such comedy genius. This sequence in particular had me rolling by the end.

I thought there was some really fascinating character development in this episode, in particular Houtarou's gradual realization of how different the world Chitanda comes from is. And of course it's all delivered with the typical Hyouka polish. Those comedy scenes I mentioned are aided by some great editing and framing. And the way the visible breaths are animated is quite beautiful, especially in an age when such effects are so often just CGI.

iNK4QJPMQRYEq.jpg

I don't think enough has been said about Hyouka's costume design. It's really quite remarkable how many outfits they design that properly complement the characters in specific situations while also being incredibly stylish in their own right.
iAiGY1J2kdusZ.jpg

A preview for KyoAni's next unannounced anime.
:(

Branduil

Hyouka Episode 20

i1nVpv2CrH95F.jpg
ibvS5mOnozUIDw.jpg

Y'know if Eru and Houtarou were that concerned about it, what they probably could've done was just
have one of them yell for help and have the other person hide so that people wouldn't get the wrong idea. Since the shed was so dark anyways the other person would be hard to see. I doubt whoever would be opening the door for them would be so concerned to think there would be another person inside to actively look around the shed too. Then once the other person was out they could come back or have someone else open the door for the other person.

Or something.

That would be incredibly risky.
If they spotted the other person, rather than just suspecting a romantic dalliance, it would all but confirm it.

Now I'm kind of morbidly curious to check out The Idolm@ster.

You'll hate it.

Muv-Luv 10
jNiUJSyJcDOUy.jpg
jKSeC1Sd7XRVs.jpg

Oh god. What have you done, Yui?

While mostly limited to Yuuya and Yui, I find the give-and-take character progression in this show to be surprisingly satisfying. Even as they develop in certain aspects, new foibles arise and old strengths dwindle.

Secret best show of the season.

Dresden

Probably, I despise idol culture.

The best parts of the show aren't even about 'idol culture,' so I wouldn't worry too much.

Episode nine was my favorite out of the lot, and eight was great as well. I never could stand the more idol-y stuff, but when it was just silly, well-produced fun, shit was swell.

Dresden

Hyouka - 20

I wonder if Oreki gets a lot of his clothes from his sister--something about his outfit today, and some of the previous costumes (especially that cardigan/v-cut/manpurse combo he donned in ep4) makes me think that this is the case. I think the coat is a good look for him, or would have been had it been of a darker hue. As it is white stands out a bit too much and it doesn't seem like the kind of thing Oreki would wear, as accustomed as he is to avoiding work/attention.

Chitanda's innocent exterior hides an empress-level schemer. She has him totally wrapped around her finger. That feint with the obi near the end was just a total knife in the gut. In the game of love, Oreki already lost. Dude is done. He's going to be reduced to the status of a boy-toy standing next to her as she plots out a hostile takeover of some other Japanese farming conglomerate/family.

It was a fun episode and I'll be sad to see the series end soon. As worried as I was after the conclusion of the Festival arc, that the show would slip back into its more boring/mundane beginnings, it thankfully hasn't been the case.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hyouka 20

About 90% of this episode is fantastic. Oreki / Chitanda are definitely the only reasons to watch the show. I really love post festival Hyouka. It's been the only actually good Hyouka.

Unfortunately the other 10% is Mayaka / Fukube. Good lord they are terrible, especially Mayaka.

She is even uglier and dumber in this episode than she usually is. Truly impressive.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
He's making a list,
Checking it twice.
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
Duckroll is coming to town!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mindblowing, but may constitute Sailor Moon S spoilers

1. Look up Saturn's symbol
2. Look up the notation for the reduced Planck constant, aka Dirac constant
3. Hear Professor Tomoe laughing maniacally in the background

I never made the connection until just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom