• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
http://kokoro-connect.com/news/

It seems the Kokoro Connect drama might finally be coming to a sort of an end. They posted a second apology on the official site, and basically laid out all their marketing and promotional plans for this entire "joke".

Take that as you may.

So he was in on the joke and the real suckers are us. No one pulls a fast one on me and gets away with it. I may just have to write an angry forum post about this!

duckroll

I noticed that the Gyrozetter staff listing has been modified too. I'm pretty happy with the changes! Shinji Takamatsu is now the "supervising director" instead, and Kunihiro Mori is the show director. I'm a fan of the way Mori approached Mars Daybreak, and his episodes of Accel World have been pretty good too. This definitely could be fun. :D

Junya Ishigaki is also the "main Gyrozetter designer" which sets him apart from the other huge list of mecha designers earlier credited. They'll probably be designing the supporting enemy-of-the-week Gyrozetters instead.

Edit: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gyrozetter/gyrozetter/index.html

Ooooh, they actually credit a designer for each mech. Nice!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Imouto ga iru 2-3

This show is a fucking goldmine. It's so bad that there's no way I can take this shit without laughing my ass off. HAHAHAHAAHA

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Long time lurker, once in a blue moon poster. What is AnimeGAF's opinion of Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna?

It wallows in dull mediocrity for the first few episodes only to devolve further into infuriating dogshit by the end. By the normal standards of the Lupin franchise it's abysmal, and it's an extremely bad anime regardless.

edit: hey, don't just leave! We can recommend good stuff, y'know! Have you seen Fate/Zero or Tsuritama?

I heard the 3rd Lupin series is shit too, but do I need to watch it for all the yearly specials and movies that came out throughout the years?

wonzo

Banned
Wow. Was really looking forward to it :(

Thanks guys.
To be fair, it did have its good episodes. 1, 2, 5 and 6 come to mind as legitimately great but the rest ranged from mediocre to outright shit. tsuritama was a much better show that aired in the same season and I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already!

Lain

Kamogawa in the Summer 13-18

So much yuri. Too bad the pacing feels kinda bleh. I also felt that
Yurikano being there in the flesh
was a bit disappointing.

TheOddOne

It wallows in dull mediocrity for the first few episodes only to devolve further into infuriating dogshit by the end. By the normal standards of the Lupin franchise it's abysmal, and it's an extremely bad anime regardless.

edit: hey, don't just leave! We can recommend good stuff, y'know! Have you seen Fate/Zero or Tsuritama?
I'm going through Fate Zero now and enjoying it. Also following Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Might check out Tsuritama, thanks.

Use to watch a lot more shows, but just fell out of the loop because of the lackluster seasons.

You should just watch Upotte!! instead.
tumblr_m7p4rnWb3L1qfs3o0.gif

sonicmj1

Haibane Renmei 9

The episode's curtains shut on that note and I'm wondering where it goes with it. I wouldn't mind seeing more on Reki and the supernatural elements surrounding Haibane and the Renmei. However, in regards to this particular show, I'm aware that the direction can't be guaranteed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rakka get a job. But that other stuff is cool too.

Long time lurker, once in a blue moon poster. What is AnimeGAF's opinion of Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna?

The first half is great, and episode 6 is the peak of the series. Then it's one long slide into terrible, navel-gazing crap. A real disappointment.

Parenthetically, I think the last time Dragoon En Regalia posted in this thread was just before he was going to watch the final two episodes. We never heard how he felt about them.

Parenthetically, I think the last time Dragoon En Regalia posted in this thread was just before he was going to watch the final two episodes. We never heard how he felt about them.
Probably didn't want to eat crow, since he was one of the few people defending it. He was posting a lot in here and then nothing.

Edit: That came off a bit a mean, I liked his presence.

wonzo

Banned
I'm going through Fate Zero now and enjoying it. Also following Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Might check out Tsuritama, thanks.

Use to watch a lot more shows, but just fell out of the loop because of the lackluster seasons.
I'd also recommend checking out Space Bros, Ginga e Kickoff!!, Polar Bear Cafe, Ghost Maiden of Amnesia, Kids on the Slope and Hyouka as they all started airing in the same season and are pretty good!

duckroll

I'd also recommend checking out Space Bros, Ginga e Kickoff!!, Polar Bear Cafe, Ghost Maiden of Amnesia, Kids on the Slope and Hyouka as they all started airing in the same season and are pretty good!

Are you trying to kill him before Fall? Lol.

TheOddOne

Kids on the Slope was so good, went through it last week. Will check out the other recommendations, thanks!

wonzo

Banned
Kids on the Slope was so good, went through it last week. Will check out the other recommendations, thanks!
No probs!

edit: oh yeah, I should mention that the first episode of Dusk Maiden is pretty bad but it's all uphill after that!
Are you trying to kill him before Fall? Lol.
Hey now, it's not like I'm troll recommending garbage like Eiken, Upotte!! or RKB! They're all legit good shows!!

Still, next season's gonna have Magi and that's all that really matters!

Kazzy

The first half is great, and episode 6 is the peak of the series. Then it's one long slide into terrible, navel-gazing crap. A real disappointment.

Pretty much, the good content is pretty sporadic, which makes it all the more disheartening.

Articalys

Weekly Rankings for August 27 - September 2:

Blu-ray
*1, 7,586 *7,586 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai vol.6
*2, 7,035 *7,035 Hyouka vol.3 Limited Edition
*3, 6,940 *6,940 Accel World vol.2 Limited Edition
*4, 6,614 *6,614 Highschool DxD vol.6
*5, 5,184 *5,184 Senki Zesshou Symphogear vol.6 Limited Edition
*6, 4,416 *4,416 Aquarion Evol vol.5
*7, 3,851 50,155 Nisemonogatari vol.5 Limited Edition
*8, 3,178 *3,178 Jormungand vol.3 Limited Edition
*9, 2,323 *2,323 Queen's Blade: Rebellion vol.3
10, 2,308 27,830 Persona 4 The Animation vol.10 Limited Edition
11, 2,071 *2,071 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead vol.4
12, 1,956 *1,956 Another vol.6 Limited Edition
13, 1,858 *8,940 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
14, 1,850 *1,850 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.1 Limited Edition
15, 1,817 *1,817 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia vol.3

DVD
*1, 4,094 *,*21,001 One Piece Log Collection "Franky"
*2, 3,866 *,*19,811 One Piece Log Collection "Thriller Bark"
*3, 2,646 *,*10,882 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
*4, 2,241 *,**2,241 Highschool DxD vol.6
*5, 2,107 *,**2,107 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai vol.6
*6, 1,652 *,**1,652 Accel World vol.2 Limited Edition
*7, 1,384 *,**1,384 Brave 10 vol.6
*8, 1,378 1,157,356 My Neighbor Totoro
*9, 1,318 *,**1,318 Aquarion Evol vol.5
10, 1,313 *,**1,313 Sengoku Collection vol.5
11, 1,230 *,**5,851 New Prince of Tennis vol.3
12, 1,182 *,*10,419 Persona 4 The Animation vol.10 Limited Edition
13, 1,112 *,**1,112 Hyouka vol.3 Limited Edition
14, 1,037 *,**1,037 Queen's Blade: Rebellion vol.3
15, 1,030 *,**1,030 Senki Zesshou Symphogear vol.6 Limited Edition
16, *,979 *,**8,030 Nisemonogatari vol.5 Limited Edition
17, *,854 *,*18,819 Summer Wars Reprint Edition
18, *,835 *,905,850 Gake no Ue no Ponyo
19, *,817 *,***,817 Beelzebub vol.15
20, *,795 *,**3,818 Inu x Boku SS vol.6 Limited Edition
21, *,792 *,***,792 Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki vol.2 Special Edition
22, *,766 *,*56,017 Kokurikozaka Kara Standard Edition

Single CD
*7, 20,500 20,500 Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden "Go! Go! Here We Go! Rock Lee"
*9, 16,625 16,625 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Duet Series vol.2 Tetsuya & Ryota
12, 13,282 13,282 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Duet Series vol.1 Tetsuya & Taiga
24, *5,483 *5,483 Sword Art Online "crossing field"
26, *5,064 *5,064 New Prince of Tennis "one two three it's all right!"
27, *4,787 *4,787 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Remaster "Distance"
28, *4,625 *4,625 Natsuyuki Rendezvous "See You"
30, *4,163 40,419 Kagero Project "Children Record"
37, *3,241 *3,241 Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Character Song vol.5 Ayano
38, *3,101 *3,101 Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Character Song vol.6 Chitose
48, *1,975 11,594 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE "forget-me-not~Wasurenagusa~"
50, *1,807 *1,807 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes game "Prologue wa Ashitairo" "Bye Bye Yell!"

duckroll

Weekly Rankings for August 27 - September 2:

Blu-ray
*2, 7,035 *7,035 Hyouka vol.3 Limited Edition
*3, 6,940 *6,940 Accel World vol.2 Limited Edition
10, 2,308 27,830 Persona 4 The Animation vol.10 Limited Edition

DVD
*6, 1,652 *,**1,652 Accel World vol.2 Limited Edition
12, 1,182 *,*10,419 Persona 4 The Animation vol.10 Limited Edition
13, 1,112 *,**1,112 Hyouka vol.3 Limited Edition

P4 Vol10 is at 38k now, Hyouka and Accel World are both pretty close in the 8k range for the first week. E7AO is nowhere to be seen. RIP.

I kinda enjoyed the Kestro episode (#7), thanks to just how ridiculous it was.
Seven out of twelve ain't bad. And I got the impression from GAF that they ended the series in a nice way -- it just didn't justify or make up for the awfulness of the preceding episodes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you are looking for something fun and Lupin related I would recommend seeking out Lupin III: Blood Seal - Eternal Mermaid. It's not going to rock your world or anything but it's a fun sort of action movie.

Kazzy

Doesn't it end with
Fujiko not giving a single fuck and riding off into the sunset towards the Lupin hijinks we've all come to know and love
?

I'm just trying to offer a positive spin!

Yeah, it even retains that familiar face. At least they had the decency to hit the reset button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom