• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Also, for what it's worth, I think what makes the situation at Ghibli more disgusting is that Goro Miyazaki is the only non-Miyazaki/Takahata director who has ever directed more than one film at Ghibli.

The fact that he is a terrible director, has zero actual training and experience in the industry, and does command the sort of box office power big Ghibli films should, just makes it all the clearer that the only reason he is working at the company is because of his father.

Practices like this is why when Miyazaki and Takahata die, Ghibli will die with them. What a terrible place.

While I don't think Poppy Hill is a terrible film like duck does, it's exceptionally workmanlike. While the individual images look good, the story is pretty boring, and for Western tastes it goes a bit wack-a-doodle two-thirds of the way through. I can't imagine the word of mouth was massive on it.

(bear in mind, of course, that Hayao Miyazaki co-adapted the story. Deliberate sabotage!!!!!)

I don't think it's a terrible film. In fact, I haven't even seen it. I just make fun of Goro Miyazaki because he's a terrible director and should be ashamed of his abuse of position instead of giving actual talented people a chance to direct more films at Ghibli and improve the studio. I've watched Earthsea. That's all I ever need to know about Goro Miyazaki.

Dantalian no Shoka - OVA 1
This episode was a regular episode With the same pattern as the others ...but still i enjoyed it

KxW1gl.jpg

Dalian is very intresting in her choice of words ..

WwdBzl.jpg

No fascinating isn't the right word. You're about to be rap killed by tentacules ..

Overall i'm convinced i want more episodes

Firemind

I stopped watching Tales of Earthsea in the first five minutes, but I think Howl's Moving Castle is a terribly directed film too and that was directed by the man himself.

sonicmj1

I was bothered way more by this Wolf Children review than I was expecting to be.

http://kotaku.com/5940164/the-wolf-children-ame-and-yuki-is-not-ghibli-but-its-pretty-darn-close

The Ghibli comparison is not only unnecessary but insulting to Hosoda's abilities and individual style.

Blaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! *Raises arms to the sky*

Edit: I probably shouldn't be that annoyed by this, but still. The Ghibli comparison got old real fast.

That's a terrible review on all sorts of levels.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 9

Soredemo delivers once again. Especially in the first half.

iND4M3tUwYMzw.png

I kind of like how Tatsuno looks with short black hair.

Shaft going full force on the sports anime parody. They even do some of those old Dezaki shortcuts. They're true disciples in the art of saving money.

Both halves of the episode had some amazing unexpected conclusions.

I just realized that I only have three more of these to watch now. I'm going to be pretty sad when this is over.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Utakoi 10
fabulous max~
N3Yafl.jpg

You know, after three tragic angsty romance episodes, I can't even remember if the story before it had a happy ending.

Still, I quite enjoyed this arc for what it is... even if it feels like the unhappy stories are all tied to gender politics. lol

---
YuruYuri 10

cjstcl.jpg

I feel like these are references to other anime's uniforms... but those K-On-esque uniforms are not perfect.

Ouran High School High Club 3-4

I confess that I have a certain fondness for Boys Love - effeminate men looking longingly into each other's eyes and the like. However, it's something I can't take seriously at all; it's simply ludicrous as typically presented. Which is why it's a good thing that Ouran doesn't take it seriously either. It partakes of genre elements, but is self-aware about them and happy to take cracks at things like otome games and the seme/uke relationship. Haruhi, as a "fish out of water", provides a point of sanity in the world of gushing fangirls who make up the rest of the female student body at Ouran Academy, where the sole purpose of school physical exams is to let them see the guys take their shirts off. When you add the send-up of the ultra-rich ultra-elite private school, it makes for quite successful comedy.

cajunator

Banned
Imouto ga iru 2-3

This show is a fucking goldmine. It's so bad that there's no way I can take this shit without laughing my ass off. HAHAHAHAAHA

True, Imouto show is entertainingly terrible.

If you wanted to watch a good harem show, you should have just went with To Love-ru.

This is another option. Probably a better one.

Girls with short hair are usually the best though.

True fact.

also, the freckles kinda solidify that.

Well yes, of course. Lisbest is all kinds of perfect.

1/8 Rider from Megahouse:

That looks well designed, but NO CHARIOT, NO SALE. and where is Waver?

Yui does have some sweet hair, but I actually like Ritsu's tomboyish haircut, especially with that headband keeping part of it up.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
True, Imouto show is entertainingly terrible.

This is another option. Probably a better one.

Well yes, of course. Lisbest is all kinds of perfect.

That looks well designed, but NO CHARIOT, NO SALE. and where is Waver?

Yui does have some sweet hair, but I actually like Ritsu's tomboyish haircut, especially with that headband keeping part of it up.

I really like Ritsu's hair when she lets it down, sure, it's cute even with the headband, but down is just so much better.

And yes, pink medium-length hair + freckles means Lisbeth is the best.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff! 16

What the shit kind of fucked up school system in Japan forces elementary school kids to quit a sport in order to study for middle school exams? The brats are looking up algebra and Japanese writing, not fucking thermonuclear physics.

Very cool that they acknowledge the fact that the best football is practised in the street and not fancy pitches. I like the down to Earth realism this show conveys when talking about ball stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ginga e Kickoff! 16

What the shit kind of fucked up school system in Japan forces elementary school kids to quit a sport in order to study for middle school exams? The brats are looking up algebra and Japanese writing, not fucking thermonuclear physics.

Very cool that they acknowledge the fact that the best football is practised in the street and not fancy pitches. I like the down to Earth realism this show conveys when talking about ball stuff.

Standardized tests are the worst thing ever, basically. They just seem to have it before every major transition, so the churn goes on forever. Hell, you even have to write exams for civil servant jobs. lol

Ultimadrago

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 9

ihJcu4qGyXmF1.PNG

Ping Pong is srs bsns.

Fun first half with a neat ping pong scene to boot.
Sanada also proves that he's one of the best characters yet again by the conclusion of the first half

"Now let us observe the sun in silence..."

The second wasn't as funny, but I could relate with the antique shop lady. There are times I have a craving for something, but can't find it anywhere for whatever reason. It's quite a bother! The ending was amusing.

Decent episode, all in all.

Ginga e Kickoff! 16

You might not remember me, but I've missed your presence.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I missed you too, Drago.
Standardized tests are the worst thing ever, basically. They just seem to have it before every major transition, so the churn goes on forever. Hell, you even have to write exams for civil servant jobs. lol
Somebody get me off this ride called Earth.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Binbougami ga! 05

Chichiko's going to go through every possible fetish in the book by the end of this cour, isn't she?

Personally, she doesn't do anything for me until there's some legwork involved.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Why did you have break from it? When I start to marathon godlike series I can't stop before I am up to date.

I watch it with my little brother, and we only have so much free time to spend together.

Besides, I don't want to catch up on One Piece. I want to have 200+ episodes left forever, haha :(

which constitutes what? taste is subjective.

It's not that subjective when we're talking about stuff like Guilty Crown, for example!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom