• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group E, Day 4 Results:

E04
1st 258 Yayoi Takatsuki @ The Idolmaster
2nd 142 Nao Midorikawa @ Smile Pretty Cure!
3rd 95 Chie Satonaka @ Persona 4

E08
1st 248 Rin Tousaka @ Fate/Stay Night
2nd 181 Sukoya Kokaji @ Saki
3rd 70 Yurin L'Ciel @ Mobile Suit Gundam Age

E12
1st 230 Yui Hirasawa @ K-On!
2nd 177 Haruka L. Morishima @ Amagami SS
3rd 100 Ayumu Nishizawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler

-----------------------------------------------

sleepykyo

Stun%2BSpore%2B02.jpg

can't forget the classics

anohana2scr01.jpg

double sidetail combo

Looks like even Pikachu finds that do freaky.

One of the few good things about Anaru.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Supportive of trolling?
Of dissenting opinions.
Her eyebrows ^_^
Beauty incarnate.
Hey, where the fuck have you been?! I thought we were nakamas! In your absence multiple people finished & started Utena and I had to evangelize here pretty much all by myself.
Football and OlympicGAF take priority when Mexico plays.

Also I needed to take a break from the insanity that goes in here.

DiGiKerot

The Edinburgh Scotland Loves Anime line-up for this October -

Monday 15th - the live-action Phoenix Wright movie
Tuesday 16th - the enigmatic "anime shorts" (Tokyo Marble Chocolate and some other stuff, apparently).
Wednesday 17th - Up on Poppy Hill

Friday 19th - After School Midnighters, Berserk Movie 1 (+ Producer and character designer Q&A)
Saturday 20th - Berserk Movie 2 (+staff again), Nerawareta Gakuen, Blood-C - The Last Dark
Sunday 21st - Ninja Scroll, Anime Mirai Project, Wolf Children

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rebuild, they look pretty high quality. 2 themes also.

Unit-01's AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH face is pretty funny.

You have to buy avatars for PSN? I will never cease to be amazed at how console makers rip people off for stuff you can always get on a PC for free.

I've spent like $10 on PSN avatars. I probably deserve to be beaten for that.

Looks like even Pikachu finds that do freaky.

I'm incapable of evaluating the ridiculousness of Kasumi/Misty's hairstyle. She is kinda sorta the entire reason I developed a 2D complex, after all.

Horizon II 09

xgrTm.gif

Even slaps have to be overdone, which is awesome.

So half, let's get our resolved ready and the other half of ships shooting stuff and fights setting up again. Can't really feel anything for Spain's subplot of the commanders since this show has enough characters to vaguely care about, but I am looking for the round two of the fights now.

DiGiKerot

Some footage has emerged for that French co-production with Toei, the magical girl show Lady Bug. You'll have to excuse the music accompanying it, but the show itself looks neat.

Yeah, that looks neat. I suppose it's mostly because it's set in Paris, but it does remind me somewhat of the Heartcatch Precure movie (though that is, of course, A Good Thing).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You'll want to buy something and you'll realise you're $10 short. You've already punished yourself.

I wait to play things until they're free with PS+ anyway!

Some footage has emerged for that French co-production with Toei, the magical girl show Lady Bug. You'll have to excuse the music accompanying it, but the show itself looks neat.

This looks really, really good (except for the pigeons.) I'm inordinately worried that the show isn't going to be made available outside of France through any means, official or unofficial.

Also, it appears that the children of France are going to be exposed to shapeshifting ahoge. Nice.

Reknoc

Friday 19th - After School Midnighters, Berserk Movie 1 (+ Producer and character designer Q&A)
Saturday 20th - Berserk Movie 2 (+staff again), Nerawareta Gakuen, Blood-C - The Last Dark

This makes me wish I could afford to go up to scotland for a weekend.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch SP 1

ibmDjIQxv4zint.PNG

Bi-weekly obligatory Miyako picture.

Well, summer fun as expected with the specials. The girls buy a watermelon and Yuno tries to break an inflatable watermelon.
D'aaaaaw!
I also find out that
the poor thing can't swim.
Though, that trait (or lack of) fits her personality like a glove. What I mean is more along the lines of, it sparks character interactions that work well with her type of character.

Afterwards, we get more Sae
blushing from the sound of Hiro's voice
action! Of course, a goal of these episodes is to show all the Hidamari girls in their swimsuits (and a troublesome Yoshinoya!). We also get a simple conversation on "Oceans vs. Pool". Yuno likes the safety of public pools while Miyako prefers the ocean (like myself).

Meanwhile, transitions are made to the adults (Principal, Yoshinoya and landlord) as they bask in the peace of a closed school pool area.
Also, the Principal owns Yoshinoya in a game of water guns.

Funny thing though, there's a shot where Yuno takes a picture of the watermelons before eating and I'm suuure I've seen her take a picture of food before. I have a couple of friends who do this. Do any of you have that friend or family member that shoots a cell picture of food whenever going out somewhere? I just find it a peculiar occurrence that I'm surprised makes reoccurring rounds in the anime (all while adding to Yuno's nature and appreciation of time with friends).

ibqy4QxeupclLU.PNG
iO5yQBUueP0Q.PNG

iGn0rJcNJOY9j.PNG
i03rCJXGsSzNm.PNG

Animation in my Hidamari Sketch?!

Additional notes: The Principal is awesome per usual.

While taste may be (metaphysically) subjective, the objects in question, anime and people, are not.

That's just semantics. People look for different things in all mediums. There's a difference between criticizing an opinion and criticizing a person because of their opinions. Who are you to say what's wrong and right?

Go_Ly_Dow

Ouran High Host Club Live Action 1 & 2

ESGfi.jpg

:DTL :DTL :DTL :DTL :DTL :DTL

How DTL is still alive after all that I will never know..

....superior to the anime!

Ouran Live Action 1

DAT CG. DAT SWAG. DAT MAKEOVER! SO GOOD!!!!!

Yes. The CG is absolutely superb. I bet it would win over the likes of Duckroll.

This looks really, really good (except for the pigeons.) I'm inordinately worried that the show isn't going to be made available outside of France through any means, official or unofficial.

Since it's a co-production and that video is listed as the "Japanese version", my guess is that the show will also air in Japan at least.

Hidamari Sketch SP 1

Animation in my Hidamari Sketch?!

The power of Genichirou Abe.

BluWacky

Awesome - if I go (which is looking very likely now) I won't have to fly up on the Friday!

Best go work some sums.

Zeroth

Ouran High Host Club Live Action 1 & 2

ESGfi.jpg

:DTL :DTL :DTL :DTL :DTL :DTL

How DTL is still alive after all that I will never know..

....superior to the anime!

Yes. The CG is absolutely superb. I bet it would win over the likes of Duckroll.

10/10 would watch again!

/XX/

With the additional work I had this past month, and the continuous activity here that becomes so addictive, I decided to stop visiting coinciding with the previous change of threads... it was hard (not gonna lie to you) but I certainly needed to come back already!

Glad to see that busterbeam Gutsy Frog finally appeared on these seasonal threads... when I first saw on NeoGAF such username and avatar (that probably comes from a Pyonkichi reaction image similar to the ones he has used on 4Chan, no less) I immediately thought on him... you see, without coming to show your knowledge around this far-off 'Community' place I was starting to doubt that user was you! I'm happy to see some of your posts in here.

And now I'll proceed to read more than 23.000 of your previous posts, silly people. See you again after that (soon, I hope)!

That's just semantics. People look for different things in all mediums. There's a difference between criticizing an opinion and criticizing a person because of their opinions. Who are you to say what's wrong and right?
If a person throws out a lot of questionable opinions, you certainly can question the person. You are what you eat, as they say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Im somehow a second rate person? Thats not very nice :(
Second rate troll. Apparently duckroll and Hitokage approve of your act enough, so I guess I shouldn't say anything.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If a person throws out a lot of questionable opinions, you certainly can question the person. You are what you eat, as they say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Second rate troll.

Ad hominems are never smart. If you're using that stupid fallacy, then I question your ability to supply good discussions, arguments, etc.

Ultimadrago

The power of Genichirou Abe.

Sweet. A quick check up also states that they did key animation for the Soredemo episode I watched today (Episode 9).
I'm guessing Harue's intense ping pong serve in the episode is also thanks to them.

With the additional work I had this past month, and the continuous activity here that becomes so addictive, I decided to stop visiting coinciding with the previous change of threads... it was hard (not gonna lie to you) but I certainly needed to come back already!

Glad to see that busterbeam Gutsy Frog finally appeared on these seasonal threads... when I first saw on NeoGAF such username and avatar (that probably comes from a Pyonkichi reaction image similar to the ones he has used on 4Chan, no less) I immediately thought on him... you see, without coming to show your knowledge around this far-off 'Community' place I was starting to doubt that user was you! I'm happy to see some of your posts in here.

And now I'll proceed to read more than 23.000 of your previous posts, silly people. See you again after that (soon, I hope)!

Welcome back, /XX/!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom